By georgio

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Installation Piano Mod TZ Ver1.pdf (PDF preview)
20180207_191629 (resized).jpg
pianomod1 (resized).jpg
piano2 (resized).jpg
piano1 (resized).jpg
trunk1 (resized).jpg
blastmod (resized).jpeg
mod3 (resized).jpg
mod4 (resized).jpg
mod2 (resized).jpg
mod1 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hello,

I'm a new member and this is my first post, so I thought let that be a good one!

In the past weeks I have designed a Piano Mod for the Twilight zone. My mission was clear: the design has to fit well and installed without sawing or soldering etc.
I think it turned out really well. The Mod is placed easily with a click on the existing metal bracket. The old red and yellow bulbs are removed, then the extended wedge base is inserted into the empty lamp socket. A hidden screw holds the Piano in position.

I like to know your opinions about my creation and if TZ owners are interested in this mod. I'm thinking of making a mold for the body of the piano to give it an even better look if there are a lot of people interested in.

Link to video showing the lightning:

mod1 (resized).jpgmod1 (resized).jpg

mod2 (resized).jpgmod2 (resized).jpg

mod4 (resized).jpgmod4 (resized).jpg

mod3 (resized).jpgmod3 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Very cool nicely done

#3 7 years ago

Very nice. Is the keyboard painted or do you have access to a multi-color printer?

#4 7 years ago

Looks great.

I would be in for one if you decided to produce these.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeTechNerd:

Very nice. Is the keyboard painted or do you have access to a multi-color printer?

The keyboard is printed with a single extruder. Did a pause at height and changed the filament to black and resumed the job.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

Looks great.
I would be in for one if you decided to produce these.

I'm going to look for a high resolution sla printer service, then the piano body can have tiny details, will be nicer.
Making a mold and use injection techniques to produce these. Will keep you updated.

#7 7 years ago

Made a Blast Zone mod for Roadshow today:

blastmod (resized).jpegblastmod (resized).jpeg

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from georgio:

I'm thinking of making a mold for the body of the piano to give it an even better look if there are a lot of people interested in.
Link to video showing the lightning: » YouTube video

I'd be interested depending on $$$...

1 week later
#9 7 years ago

Molding started Pictures follow

2 weeks later
#10 7 years ago

Meanwhile we have been working on an unbreakable Trunk for the Theatre of Magic. We are very happy with the first result.
The next one is going to be even better!

The mold for the pianomod is waiting for a rotocaster to fill the inside of the mold evenly. We don't want to compromise and better be going for the nicest result, so please be patient!

I have setup a facebook page on which people who are interested can follow our progress.:

https://www.facebook.com/pinballprops/

trunk1 (resized).jpgtrunk1 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#11 7 years ago

While working and testing on the Trunk, we have made a mold for the Piano mod. Leds arrive next week and with a mold the Piano will be very smooth instead of 3D printing.

piano1 (resized).jpgpiano1 (resized).jpg

piano2 (resized).jpgpiano2 (resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago

I too would have interest in the piano mod for TZ. Just bought a TZ and it has no mods yet.

5 months later
#13 6 years ago

The rotocast build is almost finished, when we are finshed with the first batches of the TOM trunk, this will be our next production.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

I too would have interest in the piano mod for TZ. Just bought a TZ and it has no mods yet.

Piling on to express interest in your piano mod. Any idea of what you'd charge?

#15 6 years ago

Interested in the piano mod!

#16 6 years ago

Also interested in the piano mod.

#17 6 years ago

And more interest for the piano mod

1 month later
#18 6 years ago

Add me to the interested list!

2 weeks later
#19 6 years ago

Interested - depends of price.

#20 6 years ago

Also potentially interested in the piano mod.

1 week later
#21 6 years ago

I gave up waiting. Bought the on on eBay. Comes from Spain. Nice quality!

2 months later
#22 6 years ago

Decided the color for the pianomod. This will be the color, exactly as the targets color.
Rotocaster is working and also the vacform to make the little pieces, we will start soon with the first batch of 30.
If they are ready to order I will let you know here. Also at that moment we can calculate the final price.

pianomod1 (resized).jpgpianomod1 (resized).jpg

#23 6 years ago

Looking real nice!

1 week later
#24 6 years ago

Interested in the piano mod

#25 6 years ago

I will be interested also. Looks good!

1 week later
#26 6 years ago

The piano mod is ready for production! We have tested it in the Twilight Zone for weeks, everyone who played our TZ loved this add on.
This mod is a combination of molding the base, 3D FDM printing the keyboard, SLA printing the pianola rol and vacforming the frame of the rol and the top piece.
Our design is made to fit easily under the clock at the right angle and has a space at the top for the connectors of the clock.

Underneath there's a block to help you to center the piano in place. To secure this position we have added a longer screw which is included in the package. This screw holds the clock plate together with the piano in position.

By removing the old red and yellow light bulb, turning the lamp bracket position 180 degrees and inserting the new connectors, there is no soldering or replacing underneath connectors neccesary.

Offcourse you will get documentation with it that helps you install this step by step.

We think every TZ owner loves this new mod and have taken much time in making this. We have done our best to give it high details.
The design is based on the drawing in the backglass.

Soon we will post more pictures of this mod in action.

Price will be 55 euro ex. shipping costs. If you want to preorder this mod. Please write a mail to [email protected] and tell us where you live. We then put you a on the list in incoming order and you will soon get a quote from us when yours is ready.

#27 6 years ago

20180207_191629 (resized).jpg20180207_191629 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#29 6 years ago

Installation Piano Mod TZ Ver1.pdfInstallation Piano Mod TZ Ver1.pdf

2 weeks later
#30 6 years ago

The mod is ready for shipping. I have mailed al prescribers who send a mail regarding my post above.
If you didn't receive a mail or want this mod, please send an email to [email protected]
The price is 55 euro (at my door) and 85 euro with worldwide shipping and administration(Paypal) costs.

We have a first batch of 15 pieces.

#31 6 years ago

So from 55 Euros to 85 Euros ? 36.96 US for shipping ? Why didn't I just buy the one from Spain On Ebay ?

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from cuda3134:

So from 55 Euros to 85 Euros ? 36.96 US for shipping ? Why didn't I just buy the one from Spain On Ebay ?

No, I posted before 55 euro ex shipping. Shipping with fedex is 25 euro to USA and paypal fee is 5 euro.
You are free to buy, don't have to.

11 months later
#33 5 years ago

I would like a piano mod please

#34 5 years ago

Me too. Are they still available?

#35 5 years ago

I'm also interested in one for my game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printed-piano-mod-for-twilight-zone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.