You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190529_150945 (resized).jpg
20190529_150442 (resized).jpg
20190529_150359 (resized).jpg
2019-03-15 21.17.20-cropped (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zennmaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

For those who were looking for a replacement eyeball crank for Rudy, Red or Ted, I have created a 3d printable version. I measured off of an original, and made a few modifications to make it easier to print on the kinds of printers most people will have access to. I know there was another thread on a similar project a couple of years ago, but it appears to have fizzled out. This part seems to be getting more and more difficult to find, and not having one will obviously dramatically reduce the appeal of these games.

I am looking at this as essentially in beta at the moment. I will be making changes as they are warranted to increase strength and make the object more printer-friendly, as long as it maintains its usability. Anyone is welcome to take a look and see how it works.

So far, I haven't done any testing at all, so there may well be some serious errors.

The holes for the wires are intended to be sized for 1/8" eyelets, which is what the original appears to be.

The prototype was printed in PLA, which is what I had around, but I would think that either ABS or PETG would be better for actual use.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3506561

2019-03-15 21.17.20-cropped (resized).jpg2019-03-15 21.17.20-cropped (resized).jpg
#3 5 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

This is great, thanks!

If you have the opportunity to give it a try, let me know. It's a work in progress, and I'd love to make it better.

#5 5 years ago

I have just ordered some PETG, which I think is the right material for this object. I'll keep everyone updated as things progress.

2 months later
#7 4 years ago

That's exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for. I'll make some revisions shortly and update the model on Thingiverse.

Thanks for your help!

#9 4 years ago

I've gotten some good feedback, and I'll be test-printing the next version as soon as the current print is done. Expect to see an update on Thingiverse within 24-48 hours.

THANKS to everyone who's been unofficially beta-testing!

#10 4 years ago

Beta version 1.1 is now available on Thingiverse (I know, my versioning scheme is probably all wrong, but the bigger the number, the newer the design. )

Changes include increasing the diameter of the pivot sleeve by .1mm, redesigning the "tail" section to fit the clip that is missing from my game, and relocating the wire holes per feedback received.

Once the position of the holes is properly determined, I will experiment with using PCB through-hole grommets to add wear resistance, although some users may prefer to print a few extras and just replace the part as needed.

Again, thanks everyone for all your help and input!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zennmaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printable-eyeball-crank-project-for-funhouse-and-road-show?tu=zennmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.