Untitled2.jpg
Untitled.jpg
main_2_out.jpg
3D_Pinball_set.jpg
EM_Pinball_29.jpg
Cabinet_front.jpg
backbox_grafics.jpg
Cabinet_grafics2.jpg
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Started a new project and this time im going for an EM. Figured i have a modern DMD (TAF) a solid state (FP) now an Electro mechanical just to cover all the bases. First person to guess what machine this is gets some impressive bragging rights Obviously it is a Gottlieb.

EM_Pinball.jpgEM_Pinball.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Abra Ca Dabra

#3 9 years ago

Whoa, that was like 20 seconds! Magical

#4 9 years ago

EM_Pinball_2.jpgEM_Pinball_2.jpg
#5 9 years ago

Impressive, just like all of your work.

#6 9 years ago

Sweet. So not to nitpick, but since you're obviously going for high accuracy that lockdown bar isn't correct. Actually side rails are wrong too. Maybe they're just holdovers from Addams still. I have an Abra Ca Dabra sitting next to me if you need any reference pics.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Maybe they're just holdovers from Addams still

Yea actually this is the old Firepower. I have to model a new coin door, flippers and pop caps too. Backbox should be a breeze but i have no idea what the dimensions are. Maybe if you get some time you could take the basic measurements for me? That would rule

#8 9 years ago

Sure, what exactly do you need?

#9 9 years ago

I would need all the dimensions of the back box. Bottom width, top width, depth, height, backglass opening size and distance from top. I could probably guess but that would make it so much easier

#10 9 years ago

Let there be light

EM_Pinball_3_out.jpgEM_Pinball_3_out.jpg
EM_Pinball_4_out.jpgEM_Pinball_4_out.jpg
EM_Pinball_5_out.jpgEM_Pinball_5_out.jpg

EM_Pinball_6_out2.jpgEM_Pinball_6_out2.jpg

EM_Pinball_7_out.jpgEM_Pinball_7_out.jpg
#11 9 years ago

This was a breeze compared to the other machines. I love this layout, its completely symmetrical so i only have to model one half lol. I have to look for some other symmetrical games...

#12 9 years ago

EM_Pinball_9.jpgEM_Pinball_9.jpg

EM_Pinball_10_out.jpgEM_Pinball_10_out.jpg
#13 9 years ago

This will sound a bit weird, but I love how the GI tends to wash out the colors on the plastics.

It's what makes it feel 'real' and 'warm' to me, instead of something like a video game where many artists would try to enhance the colors at the sacrifice of realism.

#14 9 years ago

Lose the Williams flippers though!

(I have no idea what it is you're making, but it looks cool.)

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Lose the Williams flippers though!

Haha yea they are left over from the previous model and i have yet to make the Gottlieb ones. Still waiting for the Marco order to come in with them. Should be done with this model by the end of the week.

#16 9 years ago

Doing the flippers now. (Said no girl ever)

#18 9 years ago

Looks good enough to play!! Can I

#19 9 years ago

If and when they release VP 10 i plan on doing some pre-rendered pins on it with these models for sure! I can't wait to try it and hope it will be as good as i think. They're new physics engine is pretty good and turning texture maps on and off is all doable. I mean for vp guys this would be epic if done right.

#20 9 years ago

EM_Pinball_11_out.jpgEM_Pinball_11_out.jpg

EM_Pinball_13_out_out.jpgEM_Pinball_13_out_out.jpg

EM_Pinball_12_out.jpgEM_Pinball_12_out.jpg
#21 9 years ago

So it looks like VP 10 was released today, Going to try and make a table based on these renders either this table or Firepower. Cant wait to try!

#22 9 years ago

EM_Pinball_15_out.jpgEM_Pinball_15_out.jpg
#23 9 years ago

EM_Pinball_16_out_out_out_out.jpgEM_Pinball_16_out_out_out_out.jpg
#24 9 years ago

Very cool work.

Any chance of starting a thread and doing a explanation of how you are doing this. I draw 3D in solidworks but just applying textures, not art and lighting and multiple reflections from all angles.

Have you contacted pinball arcade and see if they can employ you to do games on commission as it beats there versions of art and realism.

awesome work

#25 9 years ago

EM_Pinball_17.jpgEM_Pinball_17.jpg

EM_Pinball_18.jpgEM_Pinball_18.jpg

EM_Pinball_19.jpgEM_Pinball_19.jpg
#26 9 years ago

Thanks man, i use 3dsmax for this, i don't know about doing a tutorial thread. Not sure there would be much interest. I actually did send Farsite studios a resume' awhile ago with no response one way or another. Anyway, thanks for the props. Always nice to hear

#27 9 years ago

Started on the cabinet art. Slow process of vectoring it. This is just a preview for map placement. Coin door is still the 1980's Williams. Don't have one to model yet so i would be guessing at best. Anyone know the diameter of a Gottlieb score real? And if anybody could give me a couple dimensions of the back box too that would rule.

EM_Pinball_20.jpgEM_Pinball_20.jpg

EM_Pinball_21.jpgEM_Pinball_21.jpg

EM_Pinball_22.jpgEM_Pinball_22.jpg

EM_Pinball_23.jpgEM_Pinball_23.jpg

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

And if anybody could give me a couple dimensions of the back box too that would rule.

Sorry man, spaced on helping you. Here you go:

So the red block that holds up the backbox is 20 ⅜" wide, and 8" deep, and 2" tall.

The back box is 8 ⅞" deep, 21 ½" wide at the bottom of the wedge, and 25 ⅞" at the top. It's 25 ¾" tall.

Backglass opening is 19 ⅜" wide. It's 3" from the bottom of the backbox to the bottom of the opening. It's 21 ½" tall.

Hope that helps!

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

If and when they release VP 10 i plan on doing some pre-rendered pins on it with these models for sure! I can't wait to try it and hope it will be as good as i think. They're new physics engine is pretty good and turning texture maps on and off is all doable. I mean for vp guys this would be epic if done right.

A similar method was done with Tippitos Chrome T2, but that was all emreels from what I can remember and was a painstaking process. Definitely more easier to achieve these days with primitive imports.

#30 9 years ago

So how does one go about playing this?!

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

So how does one go about playing this?!

This will be a pre-rendered playable game on VP. Sort of like Timeshock it will be a fixed camera position angled for virtual pinball machines.

Thanks Aurich, i appreciate the effort. I will double check what i created "winging it" But i think i nailed it. Just a couple moore maps to makes and this baby is done, out the door.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from horseypin:

A similar method was done with Tippitos Chrome T2, but that was all emreels from what I can remember and was a painstaking process. Definitely more easier to achieve these days with primitive imports.

I've played that table and it does look good but oh my god what an epic overtaking that must have been. I think he used all real pictures?

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

So it looks like VP 10 was released today, Going to try and make a table based on these renders either this table or Firepower. Cant wait to try!

Now that would just be plain awesome. Though I still want the actual machine. Still ticked I was basically pinbroke the day one showed up for under 500.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

the day one showed up for under 500

Oh man that is painfull. Have to keep your eyes open, i am still looking for a Firepower

#35 9 years ago

That is breathtaking.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

That is breathtaking.

Thanks man, will be even better when i'm done

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

Man, way out of the virtual scene, didn't know there was a VP 10 even coming.

#38 9 years ago

Yea i have been waiting for it for months now. Can't wait to try it but i'm going to give it a week or to to work the bugs out.

#39 9 years ago

looks awesome

how about another EM - surf champ or surfer modelled up or early SS like fathom or skateball

#40 9 years ago

I may do another EM since i am in the mode but most importantly is it has to be a game popular enough for their to be plenty of images for reference, especially the playfield. That was the main reason for me picking Abra Ca Dabra, Firepower and The Addams Family.

#41 9 years ago

EM_Pinball_24.jpgEM_Pinball_24.jpg
#42 9 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

I may do another EM since i am in the mode but most importantly is it has to be a game popular enough for their to be plenty of images for reference, especially the playfield. That was the main reason for me picking Abra Ca Dabra, Firepower and The Addams Family.

we can find pictures... that is NO problem...

this looks to be a rather cool project... i have NO knowledge of VP, but if someone starts modeling em games in 3d, i just might be convinced to build a virtual cabinet...

#43 9 years ago

Better start building They just released Ver10.0 of Visual Pinball and its impressive. Yes that is the most important part for me to model any pinball machine. I don't have it like that where i can buy a machine and tear it down to scan in the playfield. That would be insane. So i am limited by what ever images i can find on-line like this playfield image i use for Abra Ca Dabra. Which is just barely good enough.

AbraCaDabra.jpgAbraCaDabra.jpg

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

Better start building They just released Ver10.0 of Visual Pinball and its impressive. Yes that is the most important part for me to model any pinball machine. I don't have it like that where i can buy a machine and tear it down to scan in the playfield. That would be insane. So i am limited by what ever images i can find on-line like this playfield image i use for Abra Ca Dabra. Which is just barely good enough.

AbraCaDabra.jpg 273 KB

oh great, now i gotta go hunt down topics on how to build one...

for pictures, dimensions, etc.... if you make a post in the "em hangout" asking for pictures of specific machines, i think you'll be able to get whatever you need for whatever machine you want... us "em guys" are pretty helpful folks, even if some of us are a bit grumpy at times...

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

even if some of us are a bit grumpy at times...

hahahaha. I appreciate that. I'll have to think about it. Mars Trek looks pretty appealing. Cabinet art is eye catching.

#46 9 years ago

Would need an image of this caliber. Would be ideal.

sexygirlmockup.jpgsexygirlmockup.jpg
#47 9 years ago

Looks great! Can't wait to see more.

#48 9 years ago

EM_Pinball_25_out.jpgEM_Pinball_25_out.jpg
#49 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

how about another EM - surf champ or surfer

Funny cause' that is what they used for the layout on the VP10 demo with a Smurf's theme.

post-277-0-75146800-1413135370.jpgpost-277-0-75146800-1413135370.jpg
#50 9 years ago

Finally finished!! On to the next...
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-pinball-machine-model/893259

EM_Pinball_26_out.jpgEM_Pinball_26_out.jpg

I know the coin door is not correct but i will fix this when i have one to measure. I think everything else is pretty much spot on. The next machine will either be another EM or i may do a wood rail to cover all basic generations of pinball

EM_Pinball_27_out.jpgEM_Pinball_27_out.jpg EM_Pinball_28_out.jpgEM_Pinball_28_out.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-pinballem-genre and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.