bon voyage spinner 2 (resized).jpg
bon vorage spinner 1 (resized).jpg
G02 Gate Spinner 5b (resized).jpg
Untitlfyujerthd (resized).jpg
Untitlerthd (resized).jpg
TOM_R28_out (resized).jpg
TOM_R28 (resized).jpg
TOM_R27s_out (resized).jpg
There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 7 years ago

It took me a while to get the spinner done. Its not really that complicated but I still struggled with some pieces, but it came out ok.

Real:

G02 Gate Spinner 5b (resized).jpgG02 Gate Spinner 5b (resized).jpg

3D:

bon vorage spinner 1 (resized).jpgbon vorage spinner 1 (resized).jpg

#152 7 years ago

Ok? I think it looks bang-on dude. Nice work!

#153 7 years ago

Very nice, i had a hard time with that part as well and wound up egde modeling it and used sub-division. Use a caliper if you have the part it makes it so much easier to get things like thickness correct. The bent wire looks a bit thin and the bracket looks a tad too thick. Everything else looks spot on. You should apply a raytrace reflection to the playfield too. Once you start have more and more pieces it will look so much better because reflective surfaces like chrome will have more detail in them. I am patiantly waiting for a render to finish i finally figured out the problem with the stops, or at least on my situation. It turned out to be the "noise filthering(spekle reduction) option in the render set-up was turned "off". ugg.. I have no idea why that changed though...

#154 7 years ago

I agree, the bracket is thick (fixable but will be a pain) and the connector wire is thin (should be easy to fix). That was just laziness on my part really, I should have measured them but I guessed it instead. Looking at it again, it also looks like the 2 white washers need to be bigger as well. Dammitttt.

The playfield of course is a jpg map. I haven't tried making that reflective yet, I didn't even think of doing it.

When I made the spinner decal originally I was also going to make a bitmap and map it. But because it is a simple shape, I made it up of 3 geometries as you can see here, colored white and red (plastic material). As you can see, the white part really picks up color bleed from the yellow playfield, much more so than the real-life photo where it looks just plain white. I haven't been able to figure out how to dial that down so the decal will look whiter. Tried all sorts of settings on reflectivity without much change.

bon voyage spinner 2 (resized).jpgbon voyage spinner 2 (resized).jpg

#155 7 years ago

Well for me i usually model everything just like you did and rescale it when its all together so you are right on track. Another thing to consider when doiong photo-realistic modeling is nothing is straight. The computer loves to draw straight line but in the real world nothing is this perfect so i will always bend or twist things ever so slightly to break away from that. And stay away from sharp edges when ever you can put at least a slight bevel on them.

edrtgy (resized).jpgedrtgy (resized).jpg

Untidteygtled (resized).jpgUntidteygtled (resized).jpg

#156 7 years ago

Finally...

TOM_R32 (resized).jpgTOM_R32 (resized).jpg

#157 7 years ago

Another nice one!

#158 7 years ago

It turned out to be pretty easy to fix my mistakes, now it is redone with a thinner bracket and thicker wires. I will be attempting a pop bumper next...

bon voyage spinner 3 (resized).jpgbon voyage spinner 3 (resized).jpg

#159 7 years ago

You should watch this series before you start the pop bumpers.

#160 7 years ago

TOM_R33_out (resized).jpgTOM_R33_out (resized).jpg

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

will be attempting a pop bumper next...

Should check out this tutorial as well...

#162 7 years ago

OK I did go through the shower nozzle one, it is interesting but man he flies through it fast, so I'll have to spend some time going through it to understand it all. I'll check this one out too. I got sidetracked tweaking the spinner gate and then dealing with other things in life, so hopefully I will get a pop bumper next. It looks like the key part is the plastic cap itself, as the rest will be mostly hidden. Hopefully these tutorial will help me figure out how to make that shape with the triangles going around.

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from PinBertl:

But what kind of scanner they use when they scan your head and laser them in these glass cubes?
This is popular and cheap, you have them in some shopping malls. It only takes few time and the results are nice.
I think the question is, if they can generate a file which can be used for 3D printers.

I don't know what scanner they use, but I know for sure that they could have used one of Artec 3D-scanners. They are really nice! I think you should visit their website https://www.artec3d.com/.

Good luck!

#164 7 years ago

Preview1 (resized).jpgPreview1 (resized).jpg

Preview2 (resized).jpgPreview2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#165 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

nice work xsvtoys
and again awesome work 3rdaxis, all those parts laid out looks incredible.
can you explain something 3rdaxis for me. when you are modelling your parts are they modeled dimensionally in a cad program and then adding the real life lighting and look?
this is my first game that I started working on in solidworks and a older version so not too realistic. So could I take these cad models into 3ds to get that real 3d look?

Hey Swinks, didn't see this comment. Yes you absolutly can import that into a 3d program like 3dsMax. Nice looking model, looks dead on. Be happy to help if you ever want to try.

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

Hey Swinks, didn't see this comment. Yes you absolutly can import that into a 3d program like 3dsMax. Nice looking model, looks dead on. Be happy to help if you ever want to try.

cheers man, if you need the art work for AFM, I have a illustrator file

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

cheers man, if you need the art work for AFM, I have a illustrator fileI'm all good thatnks. Just been busy with work.

3 weeks later
#168 7 years ago

Grrr...

15195974_10207839152761257_2774117351318505787_o (resized).jpg15195974_10207839152761257_2774117351318505787_o (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-pinball-models/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.