2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

people you know may be dealing with stress and anxiety and they keep it hidden

In my case, I didn’t even know I was having them.

I was a really shy kid, and at 16 I started working full time at my families really busy furniture store. I was expected to answer the phone and serve the customers and I had to really push myself to do that - I’d rather go hide out the back somewhere. Lol

So I operated on total “fight or flight” adrenaline for over 25 years. To the point where my endocrine system is sorta broken. I have some sort of chronic fatigue that comes and goes.

I didn’t even know what a panic attack was until a few years ago. I was playing BM66 and about to beat the high score, and suddenly I realised my heart was beating 1000bpm, I was shaking, cold sweats, the lot. That was the first time I realised I was having a panic attack. Took 47 years to figure it out.

I try not to take any meds (except vitamins) so I’ve spent the last few years trying to control it.

I’ve found CBD oil works really well.

Also breathing, as previously mentioned. I went to a performance coach who said when it starts up, start the controlled breathing and choose something to look at, and focus on it. When I remember to do it, it works well.

I used those techniques the week after I was taught them to get 7th in the IFPA Pinmasters World Pingolf champs in Dallas - my best international result, in a field of great players - so they definitely work.

For me, it’s just remembering to do it, after 50 years of not doing it.

Hope that helps someone.

rd

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Normal is 40-ish. My level was 4. He was shocked and prescribed 50000iu of D2 to take daily and literally all my symptoms and random attacks were gone in a wee

Funny .. I had a bunch of tests a few years ago …

They read the results and when they got to Vitamin D they said … and I quote … “wow, that’s worse than Lisa’s Mum who lives in the rest home! She’s 100!” Lol

I’ve come to the conclusion that some people can’t process vitamins and minerals from food the same as others can. We eat really well (rarely any junk food) and all my test results are always crap. Doesn’t matter what probiotics I take, seems to make no difference.

(Yes, I know D comes from the sun …).

rd

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3am-panic-attacks-suck?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.