2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider plovis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 2 years ago

Wow, timely thread. I've dealt with these on and off over the years, but hadn't had an issue in awhile until a week or so ago when they started popping up again. The descriptions are spot on: tightness of the chest, feeling like you can't breathe, racing heartrate, particularly the feeling of my throat closing up. When this is happening I won't even try to eat, since it feels like I'll choke if I do. A few years back I had my wife drive me to the ER, which scared the shit out of her, but it truly feels like you're dying. As many of you have said, tests were fine, just in my head. As far as dealing with it, other than just riding it out, exercise has typically helped, something to force you to focus on something else. No matter how many times I've gone through it, just telling myself its in my head doesn't cut it (although I have yelled that at myself as someone else stated, totally get that). Anyway, appreciate seeing these stories from everyone.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider plovis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3am-panic-attacks-suck?tu=plovis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.