Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dmarston
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200903_232149 (resized).jpg
    2E7A8BE9-F459-4A13-9512-AEF4E4BEC073 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Hope this happens.

I would put it at less than 1%. Per the Illinois reopening plan, conventions are only allowed in phase 5, which is defined as "vaccine or highly effective treatment widely available or the elimination of any new cases over a sustained period." At this point the question is, will there be a 2021 Expo?

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

So your saying I shouldn't bother booking a room?

You can always cancel. It's a freeroll, book away.

2 weeks later
    #15 3 years ago

Expo emailed a questionnaire today. For those who aren't on the list:

I would like to provide an update on the status of the 36th annual Pinball Expo to be held October 14th-18th, 2020 at the Westin Hotel in Wheeling, IL. The possibility of having our annual event seems to be increasing week to week. The hotel has been firm on my responsibility to have the event providing the Governor of Illinois lifts the ban on large social gatherings.

Illinois is currently in phase 4 of a 5-phase program. If and when the governor decides that the state has reached phase 5, or the conditions warrant lifting the ban on large gatherings, Pinball Expo will take place.

Our staff has been planning for changes and modifications at this year’s Pinball Expo in order to comply with all state and local requirements. We have significant obstacles to overcome, including social distancing, cleaning of the machines, and much more. We are confident with your support, we will be able to provide a fun-filled, family-friendly event that will be safe for all involved.

In order to prepare for the Expo, we ask for your feedback to the questionnaire below:

[link removed]

Alternatively, if you'd prefer to respond to me directly please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Sincerely,

Robert Berk
    Founder and Chairman

#16 3 years ago

FWIW, here's how I answered the survey.

Q: What precautions would make you feel safe in attending Pinball Expo?
    A: Strict, and I mean STRICT mask policy. Mask over mouth AND nose. No pulling it down to talk, no eating or drinking indoors. No mask no entry, period.

#18 3 years ago

You're probably right. I might reluctantly miss Expo for the first time in 20 years.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

If you are that afraid, stay home.

I'm not afraid for myself. I catch the "expo flu" just about every year (granted this would probably be worse). Just trying to put the welfare of society as a whole above the miniscule personal inconvenience of wearing a mask. Crazy, I know.

"Stay home" doesn't lend itself to expo running profitably, if at all.

#25 3 years ago

Anyway, feel free to submit your own survey response with an american flag waving behind a bald eagle tearing a mask in its beak.

3 months later
    #50 3 years ago

Glad you said something. I just assumed everything was in central time, because umm, Expo.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/36th-annual-pinball-expo-2020?tu=yancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.