Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

spit take 2.gif
Kanedas LinkedIn Pic.jpg
train.jpg
image.jpg
felix.gif
image-438.jpg
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

Oh an d for the price police there was a restored MM on EBAY FOR $9,000 never sold I e-mailed him and he said no one can get a good price for originals anymore so WHATEVER!!!!

Post edited by moderator: User frozen pending investigation

#52 9 years ago

BBB is a pinball anomaly. It's valuable because it's rare. And it's already been remade. With just 200 out there, it by nature becomes a grail game for the collector that has to have the hard to find / rare pin. Like any rare item this thing is worth what someone is willing to pay. I just think the entire pinball market is experiencing a value shift like never before. When hardly any new pins were coming out, we all looked to the past to find value / great games / collectibles. Personally if I wanted to collect something rare, I'd buy a Magic Girl for 17K over a BBB. But again, that's just me. My guess is people with deep pockets are more excited about what's down the road now than what's already come out.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

BBB is a pinball anomaly. It's valuable because it's rare. And it's already been remade. With just 200 out there, it by nature becomes a grail game for the collector that has to have the hard to find / rare pin.

I would have to agree. It is a fun game for sure with great artwork, but if you took someone that knew nothing about pinball and what prices have been and put a BBB next to a Judge Dredd and asked the person which one he would be willing to spend $1400 on, I wonder what his answer would be.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

put a BBB next to a Judge Dredd and asked the person which one he would be willing to spend $1400 on, I wonder what his answer would be.

Love it. BBB is a $1400 game, people.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Love it. BBB is a $1400 game, people.

Not at all what he was implying...

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I took o-din's post as a call back to the "Judge Dredd is a $1400 game, people" thread (plainly he's not really saying that you can buy a BBB for $1400).

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

It's true. To the average person, you'd have to explain WHY this machine cost what it does when placed side by side with other machines. It's just like my Fix it Felix machine. It's only $$$ because it's rare. Nobody really thinks it's a great game. And if Disney pumped out a bunch more the value would sink big time.

#58 9 years ago

BBB has two things going for it....well really one; rarity.

In all honesty it's not that great a game. I play it every year (more than just a couple games) looking for what makes it so special......and I found it......rarity.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I took o-din's post as a call back to the "Judge Dredd is a $1400 game, people" thread (plainly he's not really saying that you can buy a BBB for $1400).

Nor can you buy a nice Dredd for $1400 folks! I went into the buying portion of this hobby blind without reading forums or looking at top 100 lists. I knew what I wanted based on having played them. Pleasantly to my surprise, the games I was looking for with the exception of a few were very affordable.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Johnny-orange:

Oh an d for the price police there was a restored MM on EBAY FOR $9,000 never sold I e-mailed him and he said no one can get a good price for originals anymore so WHATEVER!!!!

Quoted from Johnny-orange:

So now your telling people, how to feel about about a game, I only played it a 3 times the line was so long I let other people play and the one at Logan's probably has at least 5,000 plays it's been on for 12 HRS. A day for a month with not one problem? HMMM? NOt my fault you spent $20,000 on an original MM you got ripped off. That's reality. You could of bought 3 new MMR

Hello,
GalagaMaster (retired pinsider)
HondaNut Joined: Apr 20th, 2014 Last seen: Jun 23rd, 2014
BigBoyThursday Joined: Jun 25th, 2014 Last seen: Aug 8th, 2014
johnnyfootballer Joined: Aug 15th, 2014 Last seen: Sep 26th, 2014
MajesticMan Joined: Oct 28th, 2014 Last seen: Oct 30th, 2014
Pubchamp1 (retired pinsider)
zippee (retired pinsider),

Nice to see you have created a new ID again.
Let's see if you can make it more than 24 hours without having your account frozen this time.

Quoted from Hondanut:

Another low priced original MM for sale just sitting there no sale yet? I wonder why is it cause a new better MMRLE is about to hit the market? Or is it because there's over 1,000 people already in on the new and Impoved version? I've read that there are about 7,500 pinball collectors in the U.S. now and there were 4,016 MM made and with another 2-3,000 soon to be released that leaves really nobody who would want an original ? What do you think Teekee is my math right?

Hmmmm probably just a coincidence

image-438.jpgimage-438.jpg

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

It's true. To the average person, you'd have to explain WHY this machine cost what it does when placed side by side with other machines. It's just like my Fix it Felix machine. It's only $$$ because it's rare. Nobody really thinks it's a great game. And if Disney pumped out a bunch more the value would sink big time.

You mean you and Colton's Fix-It-Felix?

Actually some people do think it's a great game, you're wrong about that.

You mean supply and demand determine value? Huh, who would of thought...

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

You mean you and Colton's Fix-It-Felix?
Actually some people do think it's a great game, you're wrong about that.
You mean supply and demand determine value? Huh, who would of thought...

We are squared away on Felix at this point. Took a while, but I'm glad to see it over and finished with. Ran into another Felix, so I'm even more satisfied.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

We are squared away on Felix at this point. Took a while, but I'm glad to see it over and finished with. Ran into another Felix, so I'm even more satisfied.

I know, I just like bustin his balls.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

Ran into another Felix

felix.giffelix.gif
#65 9 years ago

I actually know this guy - he lives real close. I tried to buy it when they were 12K but he didn't want to sell it - when they went up to $20K he asked if I wanted a shot, but I couldn't pay that much for a pin. I told him no way he was going to get that kind of money....

Scott

#66 9 years ago

BBB is desirable because it's rare, great art package, and it's a fun game (yes I know debatable). But the rarity & history behind it make it valuable.

You guys crack me up with putting BBB next to a Judge Dredd and ask a non pinhead which is worth more? LOL. Take any two pins next to each other and not one non pinhead will figure out more value. Like any hobby - cars, lladros, stamps, coins, video games - non collectors don't know crap about the value and don't care. It's a moot argument.

Either the collector values rarity, condition, for his/her collection or they don't. No need to piss on anyones leg who does. But I will say it again, I'd sell my BBB plus my X-Men for $35k. Ok since it's cyber Monday - $30K today only. Act fast that's $5k off!!!

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

You guys crack me up with putting BBB next to a Judge Dredd and ask a non pinhead which is worth more? LOL.

I didn't say to ask which is worth more. Bottom line is with price unknown the question is which would the non informed pinball player rather have. I bet it would be close. For me, if I had to choose one of the two to play on a regular basis it would be Dredd hands down. I am more of a player than an investor.

#68 9 years ago

If rarity trumps mediocrity in the pin world, than all the Popeye owners should band together and destroy all but 14 pins. They can sell each Popeye pin for $30k and split the earnings with the other owners

But seriously, as stated numerous times, if a collector is willing to pay that sort of money for a pin, it is purely as a "status" symbol. Other collectors may be impressed, but IMHO, I could never see myself spending that kind of dough on ANY pin, even if I were Brewsters Millions-lol

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

What a great story dude. My buddy actually finished 3rd in the Finals...
Yeah man NES stuff, especially NWC and super rares go for crazy money. I just sold another cart for $1050 last week...

I finished 4th in that contest(Norfolk VA) ...choked on Tetris in the finals. At the time I was stoked, I won a Gameboy, a few games, and some other swag. I guess I should have kept the stickers etc. Still have the Gameboy somewhere.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just checking but why? This BBB is already a remake . ..

No... Capcom never made any original production pins only about a dozen protos each with their own subtle differences. Gene took over using Capcom parts/boards and put the games into production based off of a proto just as Capcom would have done. His is the original production model. No remake now or ever...

I see some of you still haven't learned anything... pay attention class!

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

I finished 4th in that contest(Norfolk VA) ...choked on Tetris in the finals. At the time I was stoked, I won a Gameboy, a few games, and some other swag. I guess I should have kept the stickers etc. Still have the Gameboy somewhere.

Gameboys of all types are worth pretty much dipsy-dookie right now. It's a great time to buy, especially off Craigslist. We picked up a Game Boy Color that just about looks mint and the screen is fantastic on it, WITH a copy of Pokemon Yellow that also doesn't look beat up, for 20 bucks last week. The game alone was worth 20 bucks.

It's going in the kids' stocking for christmas....though I'm tempted to drop my crappy GBC in there and store this one away lol...

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Gameboys of all types are worth pretty much dipsy-dookie right now. It's a great time to buy, especially off Craigslist. We picked up a Game Boy Color that just about looks mint and the screen is fantastic on it, WITH a copy of Pokemon Yellow that also doesn't look beat up, for 20 bucks last week. The game alone was worth 20 bucks.
It's going in the kids' stocking for christmas....though I'm tempted to drop my crappy GBC in there and store this one away lol...

Nintendo Gameboys ruled! Always made taking a dump more exciting. Maybe a bit TMI, but no one can deny not getting some of the best high scores while on the loo

image.jpgimage.jpg
#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I feel bad derailing this thread, okay not really since Kaneda started it, but on Thanksgiving we had a bunch of people over. Everyone was glued to the Star Trek until I told them we had an NES. Popped in Super Mario Bros and it got played for 2hrs straight. Just something about the old Nintendo stuff that people just love.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I feel bad derailing this thread

Kaneda and derailing go hand in hand so don't worry about it...

#75 9 years ago

So what im reading is rarity, theme/artwork and game play affect a games resale and in that order of importance.

If that if the case predator will be how much in the future?

Rarity is almost equal to BBB with only 250 being produced.
Theme is by far better.
Game play im assuming will be better too as ive played BBB and it was ok but nothing special.

I could never pay over 10k for a mediocrity game like BBB its all a status symbol. I would rather play congo all day then BBB.

So for all the people out there who like to buy overpriced games just so they can brag I might be willing to part with my predator when i get for only $75 000 as it is just as rare as BBB and a better theme lol.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

No... Capcom never made any original production pins only

Let's not start THIS again....

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Let's not start THIS again....

I never start anything... just finish it.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just checking but why? This BBB is already a remake . . . why would it have more intrinsic value than another remake (particularly one with upgrades)? If it were an original BBB then I would agree that would be a different story.

Missed this earlier. As Teekee correctly points out, the BBBs that Gene made were not "remakes" since Capcom never officially released the game.

The BBB that is for sale in that ad is one of the "originals", and would easily sell for over $8k even if a remake was announced by PPS today. I sold my routed/unrestored MM for $9600.00 several months after PPS was already taking orders for MMr. Why would the more rare and more valuable BBB sell for less than that?

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

So what im reading is rarity, theme/artwork and game play affect a games resale and in that order of importance.
If that if the case Predator will be how much in the future?
Rarity is almost equal to BBB with only 250 being produced.
Theme is by far better.
Game play im assuming will be better too as ive played BBB and it was ok but nothing special.
I could never pay over 10k for a mediocrity game like BBB its all a status symbol. I would rather play congo all day then BBB.
So for all the people out there who like to buy overpriced games just so they can brag I might be willing to part with my Predator when i get for only $75 000 as it is just as rare as BBB and a better theme lol.

I disagree on Predator theme being better than BBB, also have you played Predator?
Predator art and gameplay = MEH (just my opinion) I cancelled my Predator after seeing and playing it.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

No BBB remake, sorry… Rick pretty much proves that right here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-bang-bar-plastic-sets-any-interest-set-andor-uncut-sheet
PPS is considering running the BBB plastic sets only if they have enough buyers. If PPS had any plans at all now or later to remake BBB he would just go ahead and run these plastic sets with or without a minimum number of buyers… sorry to burst the BBB remake bubble!

your wishful thinking isn't proof of anything. one could just as easily say that going to all the trouble of recreating this artwork and these plastics indicates interest on his part. neither you nor I know whether BBB will be remade. don't know why you feel you have to pretend otherwise.

#81 9 years ago

What will be a fair price/price range for a BBB?

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I disagree on Predator theme being better than BBB, also have you played Predator?
Predator art and gameplay = MEH (just my opinion) I cancelled my Predator after seeing and playing it.

I think most would argue that a classic AHHHH-NOLD movie is a better theme than Big Bang Bar, no? Agree that Predator pin doesn't have the art package or looks as appealing as BBB, but on theme, I think it wins.

Also, I don't derail threads do i? Guys, help me!

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I don't derail threads do i? Guys, help me!

train.jpgtrain.jpg
Kanedas LinkedIn Pic.jpgKanedas LinkedIn Pic.jpg

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

It's just like my Fix it Felix machine.

Ill-gotten by taking advantage of an underage seller and refusing to pay for it for months on end all the while using it to gain as much attention for yourself as possible? I didn't know Big Bang Bar was like that.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I agree that Predator pin doesn't have the art package or look as appealing as BBB, but on theme I think Predator wins.

BBB theme is a generic version of the Star Wars cantina (without Capcom having to pay for Star Wars licensing) which is nicely integrated into the beautiful BBB artwork.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Kanedas LinkedIn Pic.jpg 173 KB

Lmao at the picture name

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Ill-gotten by taking advantage of an underage seller and refusing to pay for it for months on end all the while using it to gain as much attention for yourself as possible? I didn't know Big Bang Bar was like that.

spit take 2.gifspit take 2.gif
#88 9 years ago

BBB theme is better than Predator. But that's just my opinion, man.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Lmao at the picture name

Nice!

I wondered if anyone would catch that

#90 9 years ago

Good luck with that -

Quoted from Squeakman:35K for a game that sucks to begin with? No thanks. I'd rather invest in 7-10 80's and 90's B/W games.

exactly

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I think most would argue that a classic AHHHH-NOLD movie is a better theme than Big Bang Bar, no? Agree that Predator pin doesn't have the art package or looks as appealing as BBB, but on theme, I think it wins.
Also, I don't derail threads do i? Guys, help me!

Any time he derails a thread, he tries to Fix-it. Just having the stones to keep that avatar amazes me.

#92 9 years ago

Serious question, do NIB with batteries in them still leak?
If so, how bad can a NIB then turn out?

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Serious question, do NIB with batteries in them still leak?

They can. Though older NIB games than this has turned up and the batteries hadn't leaked yet.

BBB doesn't have batteries so I wouldn't worry about it.

Quoted from HighProtein:

If so, how bad can a NIB then turn out?

I'd be more worried about where it has been stored. Climate controlled, no humidity, no critters. Odds are this game is fine.

LTG : )™

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They can. Though older NIB games than this has turned up and the batteries hadn't leaked yet.
BBB doesn't have batteries so I wouldn't worry about it.

I'd be more worried about where it has been stored. Climate controlled, no humidity, no critters. Odds are this game is fine.
LTG : )™

Game was stored inside but the bottom of the box got a little wet during a hard rainstorm when some water got in his house.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Game was stored inside but the bottom of the box got a little wet during a hard rainstorm when some water got in his house.

Look on the bright side. Even if it has water damage, it will be worth even more money, as it would be the only BBB with H2O damage. Good times!

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

BBB is a pinball anomaly. It's valuable because it's rare. And it's already been remade. With just 200 out there, it by nature becomes a grail game for the collector that has to have the hard to find / rare pin. Like any rare item this thing is worth what someone is willing to pay. I just think the entire pinball market is experiencing a value shift like never before. When hardly any new pins were coming out, we all looked to the past to find value / great games / collectibles. Personally if I wanted to collect something rare, I'd buy a Magic Girl for 17K over a BBB. But again, that's just me. My guess is people with deep pockets are more excited about what's down the road now than what's already come out.

Nobody cares what you have to say. I thought they drove you off this web site too?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/35000-for-a-nib-big-bang-bar-wow/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.