6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by wayout440
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

The "normal" today is of course 3 ball but back in the day if a machine was 3 ball we would keep walking.
    We were at location recently and after about 3~4 lit's Terri had a few ball saves in a row. She said "I like 5 ball with none of that save stuff". She said that's like a 5 or 6 ball game with the saves anyway.
    I have to agree, even with a sdtm or a quick outlane I just chalk it up to oh well could happen to either player.
    Some modern machines have crazy long ball times and some are super short. I guess on one with short times I might but since I don't have any machines new enough for a save feature I just don't get it? If I had a newer machine I think I would set it to 5 ball and turn off the save feature.

#2 6 years ago

I have a friend who just bought a Revenge From Mars recently and it was a very old software revision with no ball save. I have an RFM and mine is v1.5 with ball save and set to 5 ball. I didn't get anywhere on his. I convinced him to upgrade the software and set the ball save on if he ever wants a chance to see Attack Mars mode.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/35-ball-vs-ball-save and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.