(Topic ID: 159829)

330 ohm 7 watt resistors on High Speed

By Troyster42

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Hi, Noob here. I have been reading a lot of old posts and I have learned so much, thanks to all!! Now my questions and I have looked and couldn't get a strait answer to either. I have a Williams High Speed machine, the top flashers are not working. I looked under the playing field and found the 330 ohm 7 watt ceramic power resistor is missing. I have looked the net to find this and I have came up empty. I can find 10 Watts, will that be ok since the watts listed is the max it can with stand. At least that is my understanding. The other question is the bulb, what is there now is a #89 and the manual says #63. I have seen things all over on that one. Thanks in advance.

#2 7 years ago
    Quoted from Troyster42:

I can find 10 Watts, will that be ok

This is a fine replacement.

Quoted from Troyster42:what is there now is a #89 and the manual says #63. I have seen things all over on that one.

#89 bulb is 13 volts a #63 bulb is 7 volts. On your HS there are two bulbs in series with the dropping resistor. So if any one of the three components are bad then the bulbs wont flash. The game was designed for #63 bulbs to be bright, but some people install #89 bulbs to last longer.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks, Wow quick response!! The Resisters I thought it would be ok but with some circuits I wasn't sure. Thanks also about the bulbs I was thinking what you wrote but again reading some much and it seems a lot are putting #89 bulbs in. Did I say thanks? Have a great weekend!!

#4 7 years ago

I looked at more of the flashers and all the ones I pulled that should be #63 are #89. I'm going to replace them and see how much brighter they are.

#5 7 years ago

I have used the 10 watt resistors in my High Speed and Millionaire machines. With resistors, you can always go over in wattage, not under, as long as the actual value in ohms is correct for the circuit. As for the bulbs, I use #89 in High Speed and Millionaire; the work great to my eye and last. Hope this helps you, too.

#7 7 years ago

Thanks for the replys, I think I am going to get a set of the 63s and see how much brighter they are.

GPE thanks for the link for the resisters, I all ready ordered some 10W ones but I'm saving the link for the futire.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/330-ohm-7-watt-resistors-on-high-speed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.