(Topic ID: 331018)

$300,000 Custom EM in Mexico City

By balt

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DAC2244A-DA17-49D7-A8EC-E2288E45BF30 (resized).jpeg
    game (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SonOfaDiddly.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 1 year ago

it's not really a pinball, it's an art display piece using basic pinball mechanics to simulate trade mechanics. it's simple to play by design, the trading balls with other players aspect of it is the more essential part

#7 1 year ago

i mean like, if you can't even be assed to read the article (lol):

"In Andy's original concept for the game, the five players represent members of a small community, each of whom plays a certain role – one makes shoes, one grows corn, one drives a transport truck, etc. As they individually play pinball on their own playfield, they accumulate balls that represent the goods they provide.

In order to keep playing, however, they periodically require some of the goods provided by all the other players. The game alerts them to this fact by illuminating a "Trade Now" button on their playfield.

I'm growing corn, and at some point I'm going to need new shoes," explains Cavatorta. "And now I have to trade some of my corn – which is represented as pinballs – with the person who makes shoes. But they're in the middle of their game, and they might not need it [corn] at the same time as me. They will eventually, but I have to get them to stop their production of what they're doing. This becomes the dynamic, where you need to convince people to engage with you.

I want strangers to talk to each other, and I want there to be this unpredictable social component, where people's personalities come into play," says Cavatorta. "I actually wanted this to be somewhat chaotic – you can't really guarantee how it's going to go. If somebody doesn't speak the same language as you, and you're trying to coordinate trading with them … well, now you're having an interesting experience you can say something about."

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SonOfaDiddly.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/300000-custom-em-in-mexico-city?tu=SonOfaDiddly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.