(Topic ID: 216814)

3000 old pinball and arcade photos

By illawarra92

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

over the past 20 odd years i have collected approximately 3,000 photos of pinball and arcades from circa 1900 to 1985.

now i have all those photos locked up on my personal fb page but think its time to upload them all for everyone to enjoy.

i plan to post them up on their own fb and instagram pages.

now looking for suggestions on what this page will be called and also suggestions for hashtags.

look forward to starting this and for your ideas.

it will take at least 12 months (or longer) to load them all up.

#2 5 years ago

Wonderful idea! Thanks for doing this and ... how about

"The Golden Age of Arcades"

#4 5 years ago

Perhaps if you contact Robin he could list a library topic for them as well here on pinside.

#5 5 years ago

Thanks very much for making these available. Are they cataloged or organized in any way? It might be fun if the community could help index them somehow (with hashtags or whatever) to make it easier to find certain kinds of images. Folks could help identify specific games, features, settings, dates, locations, etc.. That might make it easier to find images of games from the 1950s for example or games in drug stores without having to browse through them all.

/Mark

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from MarkG:

Thanks very much for making these available. Are they cataloged or organized in any way? It might be fun if the community could help index them somehow (with hashtags or whatever) to make it easier to find certain kinds of images. Folks could help identify specific games, features, settings, dates, locations, etc.. That might make it easier to find images of games from the 1950s for example or games in drug stores without having to browse through them all.
    /Mark

hey mark, no sadly they are just in folders with no order. just the thought of getting all 3,000 images up will be plenty.

will start this later today once i have decided on what the page will be called.

cheers tony

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from illawarra92:

hey mark, no sadly they are just in folders with no order. just the thought of getting all 3,000 images up will be plenty.

I don't think that's a problem and I agree that just getting them available will be plenty of work for you. But I bet there are plenty of folks who would be willing to help catalog the archive in some way to make it searchable. Once they're online would anyone be able to add a hashtag? If so, maybe we could just come up with a list of recommended hashtags and let the community fill them in. It could be a Wikipedia style distributed effort.

#8 5 years ago

I think this thread’s title fits, ‘3000 old pinball and arcade photos’.

#pb3k

#9 5 years ago

Call it "arcade internet coffee table book"

We will more than likely see this way before the Kickstarter book.

Good luck.
    Sounds like a great project.

#11 5 years ago

Loose Change
    Back Flips
    Graveyard of Quarters
    Credits at Play or credits2play
    Insert Coin

#12 5 years ago

I love this!

#13 5 years ago

"collected old photos" is ambiguous - did you take all of these in arcades along the way? Or collect existing photos of arcades? or both? Or...?

#15 5 years ago

That would make him over 100 years old, so I really doubt he took the really old ones. Probably why he's putting them up for free instead of making a book out of them since he doesn't have copy write's to them. Thanks for putting these together, it should be interesting.

John

#16 5 years ago

Any nudes?

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

That would make him over 100 years old, so I really doubt he took the really old ones. Probably why he's putting them up for free instead of making a book out of them since he doesn't have copy write's to them. Thanks for putting these together, it should be interesting.
    John

Oh hahahahaha, I read that as 1970 to 1985. D'oh!

#18 5 years ago

How about posting a few here for those of us (old cranks) that do not wish
    to give away all our personal info to facebook and the russians.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

How about posting a few here for those of us (old cranks) that do not wish
    to give away all our personal info to facebook and the russians.

You can look at any public Facebook page without signing up or divulging anything.

#20 5 years ago

Ain't looking at any nudes of 100 year olds. Nope. Not gonna do it.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

You can look at any public Facebook page without signing up or divulging anything.

You clearly don’t understand how Facebook works.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from frobozz:

"collected old photos" is ambiguous - did you take all of these in arcades along the way? Or collect existing photos of arcades? or both? Or...?

yes, collect existing photos of arcades

#23 5 years ago

Nice one Tony! Great Idea.
    I am now following your Facebook page.

#24 5 years ago

I like the name The Old Pinball Arcade. You should change the topic to match that name.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3000-old-pinball-and-arcade-photos?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.