5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
IMG_1638 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomiccafe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hello PinSide People

I have a 1975 Gottlieb 300. It wasn't working when I got it. I manage to go through it and get it working up to this point. The game will not advance past 1st ball.

I checked the stepper unit in the score board. It moves with out much fuss. If I manually move the solenoid, it will advance to player 2, 1st ball and go through all players, all the way up to the 5th ball. All the blades seem to be in perfect order.

I have checked the Reset Control relay (AX) and the 1st Ball (U) and the Add Player relay (P). They all seem to be fine.

I was thinking of looking at the switches in the motor. But before I possibly make things worse, I thought I'd ask everyone here for help.

Sean (hooked on em games)

IMG_1638 (resized).JPGIMG_1638 (resized).JPG
#4 5 years ago

HOWARD!!! It work! So the problem is somewhere between Player Unit and the Add Player (P) relay? I'll double check the Z1, Z2 and BX relay. But I think the problem is with the Motor 1A setting.

I almost want to leave the alligator clips on the P relay and Player Unit and start playing! But I'll figure out the problem first...

And thank you for your help.

Shaundburch thank you for your help too. But yeah on 1 player or all 4, the 1st ball would not advance...

#6 5 years ago

Well I went over the Z1, Z2 and BX. They all seem to be fine. I check the 1A position on the motor. There are 5 "1A"s on the motor. I tried matching the color wire and haven't really seen anything that matches black, white, red to white, gray... And I can't really see all the "1A" setting, with out taking the motor unit apart...

I the bi-pass wires in connecting the P relay to the Player Unit and... try to play a game. I set it up for 1 player. The ball changed as well as players... Haha it's all over the place.

Guess I need to open up the motor...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Nashua, NH
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomiccafe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/300-will-not-advance-from-1st-ball?tu=atomiccafe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.