You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10421516_1592311181050339_7072885566367029722_n.jpg
11295677_1592311201050337_2639587388769610860_n.jpg
b831411ac33a00c1e1d3f2fd91ec585f.png
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago

I'm sure one did....

#6 8 years ago

Was completely refunded. Being 17 and on a very tight budget obviously I'm really disappointed. I got really excited too and went through a lot of effort to plan out this pick-up and it was all going to happen. Not sure why people do this. Ugh. What a shitty week already.

b831411ac33a00c1e1d3f2fd91ec585f.pngb831411ac33a00c1e1d3f2fd91ec585f.png
#8 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Lots of folks list pins/parts for sale in multiple places and don't close the ads until the deal is done.

I guess that's understandable but I purchased the machine 12 hours ago (at 4:30 AM in both of our timezones) and paid for it immediately, so she didn't pull the ad right after any deal was done and let it sit and took up until now to respond. Really bummed and stuff (hopefully understandably) but it'll be okay. 2nd Spring Break I've gotten my hopes on and lost.

#11 8 years ago

Yeah, thanks barakadl.

Here's something I said elsewhere: "It just wasn't meant to be I guess. I'm going to save up for another Williams SS pin, particularly Gorgar or Time Warp and I'm sure I'll be much happier during the pick-up then anyways, I love those machines all around while I was just wanting to pick up Spring Break for the playfield / gameplay and neat attract mode and soundtrack. Not a fan of the rest of the game's design (System 80B games in general) [[meaning the cabinet and displays, etc.]] so maybe it's better in the long run."

I was already saving up for other things and felt bad about spending the money for this pin but it was such a good deal that I couldn't pass it up. Not feeling so bad after a while, still kind of stinks but I mean if I wasn't 100% set on it and I felt bad about blowing my saved up money on it maybe it was for the best anyhow.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

^^^....I hope my kids have your attitude...your parents should be proud...!!!....what got you into pinball so young...???...............Joey

Thanks, that means a lot.

I found a Taxi for the first time ever in a campground when I was probably 8 or so and by the end of the day I was asking my mom to ask the campground owner to buy it for me, I figured it would be fairly cheap and I was fascinated by it. Maybe $250 tops. (Keep in mind my lack of knowledge then, lol) Well, they were leasing it and the distributor wanted like $2,200 for it. Obviously that was not happening and the $250 probably wouldn't have happened either but I was young and it interested me. My first console was a Sega Genesis (although before my time) and I got into NES collecting when I was about 14 or so, always using my own cash. Not sure what sparked the pinball "addiction" but I'm sure it's a mix between that time with the Taxi and my younger years playing older video games, I also collect arcade and have collected quite a few of those. I like to learn repairs to build my knowledge and have 5 arcade machines now, only 1 of which came to me working and I got 1 and a half left out of those 5, and my $200 Flash is going to be up and running (hopefully) once I install some new caps on the power supply and get some new ROMs installed. I always had the arcade / pinball thing in the back of my head and once I was mature enough to do it myself and had the strength and funds to start growing my collection I did and taught myself to seek out good deals due to my limited spending money.

I promised myself I wouldn't play Taxi again until I owned one but I found one at Pinfest 2015 and it was too tempting, lol. It was so broken though (compared to the pristine one in the campground, this one was absolutely trash) that I'd like to think it doesn't count. Could barely even play the game.

I'm just a big 70's and 80's fan, not quite sure why but it's just something inside of me I guess and I haven't been able to ever quite track it down but since when I was growing up the 80's still trickled around even more so like in those "outdated" campground areas it probably had an impact and I wouldn't want to have it any other way! The arcade and pinball communities are both incredibly helpful are meeting collectors is fun. Still baffles my friends though of why I don't want the new Xbox but I want "old machines that can only play one game". Hehe.

#14 8 years ago

Didn't get Flash in the row yet, but here are some pictures of my "arcade". There is a Space Firebird mini cabinet hiding behind Flash (backbox end). I need new brackets to hold the front leg bolts on Flash hence the chair, just for a little extra measure just in-case until then.

(The backglass is inside because doing service + it's not cooled / heated unfortunately but doesn't get too bad)

Two of the arcade machines are conversions which usually aren't wanted but I like them so I kept them like that. Donkey Kong is going to be still around and super preserved in 40 years but there's nobody taking up the time to keep around the less-popular converted games and I enjoy them so I figured why not.

11295677_1592311201050337_2639587388769610860_n.jpg11295677_1592311201050337_2639587388769610860_n.jpg
10421516_1592311181050339_7072885566367029722_n.jpg10421516_1592311181050339_7072885566367029722_n.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sullivan, WI
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/300-spring-break-nj-ebay-buy-it-now?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.