Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180128_125129 (resized).jpg
300 Spinner (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

I don't get the spinner on my 300. Its my first spinner on an EM. Mine hangs with the bottom tilting forward a bit so the ball hits edge and bounces off most of the time. Also, the ball gets stuck often. The parts were really grimy so I cleaned it perfectly hoping that it would work better. It has nothing to do with the hook from under the playfield because it doesn't seem to be designed to put any tension on it. The way the spinner is weighted it hangs the way it does. Seems like the longer portion of the spinner from the bracket should be the one weighted to hang down. BTW, does anyone know what the original spinner on this game looks like?

What don't I understand here?

300 Spinner (resized).jpg300 Spinner (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Since that's an aftermarket spinner, it might have been replaced as an assembly - spinner, spinner bracket and posts. The geometry of the spinner assembly doesn't look right - spinner bracket is bent upward. It seems like the center line of the spinner is too low. It might be that the spinner bracket is the wrong size or the posts holding the spinner bracket are too short. An easy fix to make the spinner bracket higher would be to add some small washers to the top of the posts.

If the weight of an aftermarket spinner is different than the weight of the original spinner, then there could be problems with the spinner leaning forward or backwards. Incorrect height of the spinner can also affect the spinner's resting angle.

The original metal spinner was yellow with exploding bowling pins on the front side and a black bowling ball on the back side.

#3 6 years ago

Here is a picture of the spinner from my Top Score.

20180128_125129 (resized).jpg20180128_125129 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

I had the middle thin spinner device (rod) break on a Top Score. I got a new one from PBR, slapped a new decal on it and was all set.

But I had the original bracket. Yours does not look correct for a 300/TS. You might need to find a new bracket. Try advertising in parts wanted forums.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/300-spinner-stuck-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.