Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FE50AEEC-F6B0-4DE7-AE6A-F640856C7463 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2464 (resized).jpg
IMG_2462 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

What am I missing. Red Hole kicker.
put meter on, getting resistance
not an expert at schematic, but feel good & I've double checked the corresponding switches on relays E/K/M1B, cleaned, nothing loose...(everything else works, all score reels are working properly)
I can not get red hole kicker to work. if the ball lands in hole, relay E is firing and score reel is working but never kicks out
yellow hole works fine so M2B & anti cheat sw are okay.

on the coils, there is GOTTLIEB imprinted in the plastic. is there any rules for which wires connect to the coil. yellow & red kickers have similar set up. 3 wires. 2 connect to one side of coil. 1 connect to one side of coil. yellow has single wire connected to side with G and the red coil has single wire to side of B.

Thanks for reading and any advice

IMG_2462 (resized).jpgIMG_2464 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

the black wire daisy chains to a bunch of places, so most spots it attaches to has two wire segments.

coils with two lugs don't care which way the wires are connected in AC circuits - assuming the wiring isn't mixed up. i.e. wires that are supposed to attach together on a lug aren't split and attached to both lugs. Usually a fuse will let you know if that happens.

probably the easiest thing is use a jumper wire. Attach one end on the RED-GR wire on the 15A 25V fuse and touch other end to both sides of the E relay switch in the circuit you highlighted in your second pic (close the E relay when you're on the YEL+BLK wire). If the red kicker coil doesn't fire, touch jumper directly to the coil lug that ISN'T the black wire(s) to test the coil.

if the coil is good but jumping to the GR-RED wire on the E relay didn't power it, the only thing left is the wiring/plug connections.

#3 1 year ago

Got red hole kicker working, switch at relay needed more grinding

Now I’m stuck on the roll over switch. It works when plug is on liberal not on conservative
What does (1:4) after a relay mean?

FE50AEEC-F6B0-4DE7-AE6A-F640856C7463 (resized).jpeg
#4 1 year ago

The FS relay is an "AS" style relay (described often here on the forum) which is essentially a mini step unit. It has a contact board and wiper mounted on either side but between the boards is a small cam mounted to the rotating shaft that closes a single normally open switch which you point to in your photo above. The 1:4 means that the switch closes once for every four steps the relay takes.

The FS relay comes in many configurations. This just describes the configuration used in 300.

/Mark

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Clairsville , OH
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
1,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whitehouse Station, NJ
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!