Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by NJGecko
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ghj.JPG
54765.JPG
45ytg.JPG
56h.JPG

#1 7 years ago

Initially it was supposed to be $200, but the seller settled on $300. I didn't complain. Boards are already sent out to coin op for inspection.

The thing is dirty and in my basement now while i shop it out. Needs some thing, but should be really great when done. For $300, I couldn't say no. Batterys weren't changed in years, but not too bad with acid. Clive will handle it all i'm sure. Check out the sattelite dish that I half cleaned.. should clean up great!

56h.JPG 45ytg.JPG 54765.JPG ghj.JPG

#2 7 years ago

Nice find, congrats on another great System 11 game! Your pin technician looks like it likes it too.

#3 7 years ago

Topper works btw.

Today i'll purchase:

--light grid overlay
--reset plate for the drop targets
--rubber kit
--more novus 2..
--springs for plunger.

Thing works and starts a ball too.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Nice find, congrats on another great System 11 game! Your pin technician looks like it likes it too.

Indeed. My tech has his work cut out for him.

#5 7 years ago

Good find- great price.

Have fun!

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Thing works and starts a ball too.

Those System 11s are real workhorses. Imagine how many games must have been played on that machine over the years. Nice pickup!

#7 7 years ago

I understand the cat mod adds $1000 to the value by itself...Great score man, and the price was definitely right .

#8 7 years ago

I actually drove about 4 hours to pick it up after the seller told me she wanted a "couple hundred dollars" for it.

When I arrived, she went on about how they sell for $2400 on ebay and but up a fight with the price. She was kind of a bi#ch.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

When I arrived, she went on about how they sell for $2400 on ebay and but up a fight with the price. She was kind of a bi#ch.

So she had it advertised for $200 and then upped the price on you once you arrived? Not cool.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I actually drove about 4 hours to pick it up after the seller told me she wanted a "couple hundred dollars" for it.

Ugh, the price should NOT change while you're traveling! Glad it worked out though!

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Blackbeard said:

So she had it advertised for $200 and then upped the price on you once you arrived? Not cool.

We talked on the phone and she mentioned a few hundred. SO, after doing a ton of driving, I show up, check it out (and it needs work... not a ton, but work nonetheless). She says that her son has shown interest in it and doesn't know if she wants to sell. After I drove about 4 hours. AND after I confirmed I was still coming. I reminded her of our phone convo and that I just drove a LONG time. She mentions Ebay and that shes seem them for $2400!!!! Basically she just tried to up the price.

Anway, we agreed on $300.

I need to fix the flash lamp resistors, and the sling shot coil is locked on (hopefully just a bad resistor that clive will fix), and it needs a new reset plate on the drop targets. AND a good cleaning.

#12 7 years ago

Hey- neat collection by the way! Pin-bot fits right in with that lineup!

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Hey- neat collection by the way! Pin-bot fits right in with that lineup!

It does.

Im looking at a nice high speed too right now. After that I need to man up and get into the DMD games.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

after the seller told me she wanted a "couple hundred dollars" for it.

Nice score!

I always get a hard number on price before going to pick up a machine so that there aren't any surprises or hard feelings once you get there. I agree that a couple hundred is literally $200, but that's vague enough that someone else might see it as much more.

I had something similar happen a *long* time ago when I went to sell (alright, get rid of) a used B&W television for my grandmother. Took it to a pawn shop and the guy looked at it and said "yeah, I can give you a couple of bucks for it" after he confirmed that it worked. Told him it sounded good, so he opened up his wallet and gave me $2. I thought it was actually pretty funny, but we were both happy.

#15 7 years ago

Pinbot was one of my first machines. Love it! Got to play Jack Bot at Allentown.
Now I See You...........

#16 7 years ago

Overall i'm thrilled with it. Hopefully the light grid overlay will look nice.

#18 7 years ago

Should've told her she has to check the 'completed listings' box for Pinbot ...not the 'buy it now' from a dealer...

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Should've told her she has to check the 'completed listings' box for Pinbot ...not the 'buy it now' from a dealer...

That still would have been a lot higher than $300. He got a heck of a deal, in my opinion.

#20 7 years ago

Yeah, no joke. I picked up a 200$ pinbot last year that was just as dirty, but 100% working. Of course, it had full playfield mylar that was not good, bubbling on inserts. Where there wasn't mylar? It was YELLOW as all getout by my standards. Clear smoke damage from being in a bar. No topper.

This one looks like it will clean up great, and you can get the overlay decal for the light grid, and best of all, you have no full playfield mylar to deal with? Awesome! I would've gladly paid double for mine to not have had that mylar!

#21 7 years ago

Everything seemed to work on it too, including the visor, etc.

I sent out the boards just to have them updated and looked at. I think it's worth the money to have a professional check them out. Clive does outstanding work and is fair in pricing.

#22 7 years ago

BTW: I still have her number (sellers).

After it's all cleaned up etc, I feel like sending her an updated picture of it. She really was a jerk to deal with.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

After it's all cleaned up etc, I feel like sending her an updated picture of it. She really was a jerk to deal with.

You should send her a link to the auction listing when you turn around and sell it in a year for $1,500.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Boards are already sent out to coin op for inspection.

Do you do this even if the game is working? Roughly how much does it cost?

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Quoted from gweempose:

You should send her a link to the auction listing when you turn around and sell it in a year for $1,500.

Hahahaha!

#26 7 years ago

Not a bad deal. Did it come with the cat?

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from BillinIndiana:

Blackbeard said:

Boards are already sent out to coin op for inspection.

Well, i powered it up and it worked for a while and played a ball etc. Then awhile later after I powered back up it gave me the beeps etc.

The game sat undisturbed for years and there was a little battery acid etc. I send it out for peace of mind... and clive gives me a good deal if there isn't much wrong.

I can do some repairs, but i like to know it's working 100%, ya know? I believe it's about $80 for the cpu and like $40 for the power board. And generally he'll discount if not much is wrong. It's worth the money imo.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Not a bad deal. Did it come with the cat?

haha..

I have three cats, and he's the only curious one of them. VERY curious.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from BillinIndiana:

I think the most expensive board is the system 11 CPU. Including shipping both ways its under 130 if it needs repair. To just have them test it, and find nothing is wrong it is still 35 dollars. The only down side is that it does take 2 weeks for them to get it done.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

BillinIndiana said:

I think the most expensive board is the system 11 CPU. Including shipping both ways its under 130 if it needs repair. To just have them test it, and find nothing is wrong it is still 35 dollars. The only down side is that it does take 2 weeks for them to get it done.

Coin op takes more like 3-4 weeks.

Where do you send boards stang?

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

BillinIndiana said:Do you do this even if the game is working? Roughly how much does it cost?

Thanks for the info

#32 7 years ago

Do you generally just send the CPU or all boards?

#33 7 years ago

I only send what I need to. Some times more than the CPU, but usually, I only send the CPU.

#34 7 years ago

WHAT THE FOOSH?!? Wholly Chao! That was a STEAL!
Seattle would have considered it a steal anyways, what with all the people who can deal with the System11 items out here.
It's a really fun game and a very popular Seattle Pinball League tournament choice if it's in the current monthly lineup!

#35 7 years ago

Nice pick up! I wish I could find deals like that

#36 7 years ago

Nice score!

I just recently picked one up too. Mind you, in mine, each and every circuit board had to be repaired. Cascading failure for the win!

On a side note, does anybody know the part numbers for the coloured, rectangular plastics on the standup targets? The ones in front of the visor?

#37 7 years ago

Firebaall: Do you have the manual and parts list? It can be downloaded..

I don't have mine in front of me, but i bet the parts number is in it..

#38 7 years ago

I have the manual, but the plastics aren't listed outside of the assembly. I'll need to find the williams catalogue listing.

#39 7 years ago

How many places sell just standup target faces? Wouldn't you have to re-rivet it to get it on there?

I think Pinball Resource sells just faces for certain types.

#40 7 years ago

Yes, that's what I'm looking to do. There's no reason to replace the whole target, when I can rivet a new plastic.

I've found a few vendors that carry just the plastic for the standup target, but without knowing the exact part number...it would be a crap shoot.

#41 7 years ago

Visor target 1 (left yellow) SW-1A-161
Visor target 2 (blue) SW-1A-161-1
Visor target 3 (amber) SW-1A-161-4
Visor target 4 (green) SW-1A-161-2
Visor target 5 (right red) SW-1A-161-3

Those are for the entire target. I don't see any listing for just the rectangular plastic.
I just did a quick search and couldn't find anybody selling these, BUT I would guess the targets for Jackbot are the same and it looks like Marco's has all the colors except blue and Bay Area had the blue one.

#42 7 years ago

Marco's doesn't have yellow for just the target face. looks like you will have to spring for the entire target on that color, unless PBR or somebody else has it.

#43 7 years ago

Thanks Shrub!

I'll look for those on my next parts order.

#44 7 years ago

Wow...if I could rivet targets would save me a ton of trouble lol. I need replacement faces for my shuttle bullseyes, and PBR only sells the face, or a sticker. I tried repainting them but it came off very easily. Good strong flippers owned the crap out of cheapy paint.

#45 7 years ago

nice find!!!

#46 7 years ago

That's the same price I paid for my BOP. They had it on CL as "pin ball". I don't think anyone else even saw the ad!

8 months later
#48 6 years ago

Go thread revival!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Sale Pending!
Richfield, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside