Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 172 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dr-Ajeet-Madhav-Wagle-using-the-Zeiss-Artevo-800-Digital-Microscope-with-integrated-Callisto-system-to-align-axis-of-a-Toric-Int
    Screenshot_20240606-032457 (resized).png
    Montgomery-Ward-Packard-Bell.jpg
    IMG_20240605_155739.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 09-26-55 ‘Bad Boys Ride or Die’ Review Fourth Time Around Will Smith and Martin Lawrence Can’t Hide the
    DyT0gg.gif
    Winter-avocados-Bacon-Stewart-Zutano-Fuerte-1024x630 (resized).jpg
    DSCN9080 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 10-13-56 Chick-fil-A announces shift from 'no antibiotics' in chicken pledge (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 10-09-13 Beyoncé - COWBOY CARTER OFFICIAL VINYL Double Vinyl LP (resized).png
    images (resized).jpg
    MV5BMjEzNjAyMjE2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzkyMzE1._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_ (resized).jpg
    6658 (resized).png
    MV5BODc4OWQxNDItZmQ4YS00NzBiLWJjNzgtODkzOTVmZGU2YjZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEwNDU1MzEy._V1_ (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 5.19.54?PM (resized).png
    Pinside_archive_122_1264.jpg
    There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 38 days ago
    Quoted from Initiative:

what the heck is a 'feisty backbencher'? i will certainly not google that.

I’m assuming an argumentative lower level politician. Someone like MTG

#152 38 days ago

30 years latter, Martin Lawrence is back again with the pitiful cuck, Will Smith

Both still overrated

Please man, save my careerPlease man, save my career

#153 38 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

30 years latter, Martin Lawrence is back again with the pitiful cuck, Will Smith
    Both still overrated
    [quoted image]

No way. I freakin love the Bad Boys franchise. Especially the 2nd one. Probably my favorite action movie of all time. Its got it all! The 3rd one kind of was meh, but it had a few good moments. I refuse to call either guy overrated just because I love Bad Boys so much.

#154 38 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I have run the stop sign at the end of my street every day for a decade. Never got in an accident or even a traffic ticket.
    You can always ignore stop signs.

Yeah, that's great logic there.

About what I expected.

In other words, you have no idea what you're talking about but keep talking anyway.

#155 38 days ago

Everything ever made, done, or said is either wildly overrated or vastly underrated and also both. Anybody who has been on the internet for an hour knows this!

I honestly believe the last conversation between humans on this planet will involve something being underrated or overrated.

#156 38 days ago

Everyone is always 100% right and 100% wrong. 100% of the time.

#157 38 days ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

Yeah, that's great logic there.
    About what I expected.
    In other words....

Don't tell people on the Internet to do dangerous things.

They may not be as experienced (or as lucky) as you.

If the Stihl manuals say a dozen times "Do not refuel while hot", or "Do not open the fuel cap while hot", then it's best to refer people to the manual that came with the tool.

As a certified level II volunteer firefighter, a half century chainsaw abuser and all around good netizen, I personally advise Pinsiders to wear your chaps, safety glasses and hearing protection. Read, understand and follow the manual that came with your tools.
    IMG_20240605_155739.jpgIMG_20240605_155739.jpg

#158 38 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The internet now says doing dangerous things is normal.

I found out recently when replacing a battery on a newer car, specifically a 2017 Civic with accessories like GPS, TV screens, and all that other fancy electronic crap that a big spark is normal when putting the negative terminal on. Never happened on older cars with everything turned off unless there was a dead short somewhere.

Ever see a car battery explode and what is the most likely cause?

#159 38 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Ever see a car battery explode and what is the most likely cause?

I'm unclear when it exploded.

So it exploded the moment the Neg terminal was connected?

Or later, after the cover was installed?

Or did you connect the Neg first?

Or when you jump started it?

#160 38 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I'm unclear when it exploded.
    So it exploded the moment the Neg terminal was connected?
    Or later, after the cover was installed?

This battery fortunately did not explode. And I did not know ahead of time there would be any spark, let alone such a big one.

But a spark anywhere near the top of a car battery is the most likely cause when they do because of the vapors they all release. Every 12 volt car battery is vented no matter how maintenance free they say they are or how they appear. Autoshop 101 taught me that years ago and to make sure everything is turned off when replacing it. Or hook the last jumper cable up to a ground elsewhere. I saw one blow up once someone else was working on and it was not pretty

So now we have a whole new generation of cars that perhaps pulling all the fuses is the only real safe way to change a battery. Buyers and backyard mechanics beware.

#161 38 days ago

Why there was such a big spark when I hooked the negative up probably had something to do with initializing all these fancy electronic gadgets and computers that happens whether the ignition is on or off.

And I never considered myself stubborn for refusing to work on hybrids or electric cars with even more and much higher voltage batteries. I had a gas fire once right out of the fuel tank on a Nissan pickup that was up on the rack and it burned every last drop after removing the fuel filter and the stream hit the old drop light two feet away, and it was nothing compared to those disasters waiting to happen.

#162 37 days ago

If anything was overrated in the 90s, it was Nissan. With their crappy wiring, leaky injectors, transmissions and timing belts that would break and destroy the valve train at or right after warrantee expired. And nobody wants to run around like Richard Prior with his arms on fire.

Gasoline is interesting as small sparks won't set it off or they wouldn't have electric fuel pumps and sending units in the tank. It takes the right mixture and pressure or a red hot 110 volt drop light that explodes on impact.

#163 37 days ago

Remember when every computer in the 90s bragged it was "multimedia"?

Totally overrated

Montgomery-Ward-Packard-Bell.jpgMontgomery-Ward-Packard-Bell.jpg
    #164 37 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

They may not be as experienced (or as lucky) as you.
    If the Stihl manuals say a dozen times "Do not refuel while hot", or "Do not open the fuel cap while hot", then it's best to refer people to the manual that came with the tool.
    As a certified level II volunteer firefighter, a half century chainsaw abuser and all around good netizen, I personally advise Pinsiders to wear your chaps, safety glasses and hearing protection. Read, understand and follow the manual that came with your tools.
    [quoted image]

You do realize that all of that is lawyers playing CYA?

I'm trying to figure out why anyone is randomly opening the cap on a saw still filled with gas. I run it until it dies from lack of fuel. Not much chance of bad stuff happening then.

I concur with eye protection and hearing. Never used chaps.

#165 37 days ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

Never used chaps.

The new ones are like a sawstop for chainsaws.

Instantly stops the chain, and your femoral artery stays intact in the woods.

Fireproof too.

(The electric company workers use the full pants, but I have not tried those)

#166 37 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everything ever made, done, or said is either wildly overrated or vastly underrated and also both. Anybody who has been on the internet for an hour knows this!
    I honestly believe the last conversation between humans on this planet will involve something being underrated or overrated.

Over a top 10 list.

#167 37 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If anything was overrated in the 90s, it was Nissan. With their crappy wiring, leaky injectors, transmissions and timing belts that would break and destroy the valve train at or right after warrantee expired. And nobody wants to run around like Richard Prior with his arms on fire.

You should watch WhistlinDiesel's videos on the GTR. He didn't even try to break them before they broke. Nissans are no better than GM, Chrysler, and Ford shit though.

#168 37 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

No way. I freakin love the Bad Boys franchise. Especially the 2nd one. Probably my favorite action movie of all time. Its got it all! The 3rd one kind of was meh, but it had a few good moments. I refuse to call either guy overrated just because I love Bad Boys so much.

badboys 1, was a good moive, bad boys 2 was meh. badboys 3 was painful to watch. I suspect bad boys 4 (the quest to save will smiths career) might continue trending down. But I will probably watch it.

Quoted from RyanStl:

You should watch WhistlinDiesel's videos on the GTR. He didn't even try to break them before they broke. Nissans are no better than GM, Chrysler, and Ford shit though.

dont leave out the the pontiac fiero. I have an 88 gt. one day I was driving to a store and it went from 1/3 of a tank to empty. Injectors line had a little issue with leaking on top of the catalytic converter. this happened right when they did the recall for it. I think if I drove the car for more than 2 miles it probably would have caught fire.

I am a little surprised why diesel is not more popular. its very hard to light diesel without heat and compression.. I watched a movie just recently (new release to streaming, cant remember what it was), they poured out diesel on the floor and light it instantly with dropping a lighter in it...

#169 37 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Corneas getting cloudy? Replace them with 20/20 implants.

Science!

This isn’t science, it’s utter baloney. There are no “20/20 implants” for “cloudy” corneas.

Even if you are referencing cataracts (cloudy lens), there are no such things. No intraocular lens guarantees 20/20 vision. If someone tells you differently, get another opinion.

#170 37 days ago

$5 ticket, fcfs. Tell us whether it's over or under rated

Screenshot_20240606-032457 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240606-032457 (resized).png
    #171 37 days ago

FYI i have used these promos for 3d movies and moving chair types and it seems to work for everything.

#172 37 days ago
    Quoted from bane:

This isn’t science, it’s utter baloney. There are no “20/20 implants” for “cloudy” corneas.
    Even if you are referencing cataracts (cloudy lens), there are no such things. No intraocular lens guarantees 20/20 vision. If someone tells you differently, get another opinion.

Of course there are no guarantees with any surgeries, but if you got your lenses replaced in the 2020s by a younger doc using ORA and laser assist, you **most likely** will have your distance vision and astigmatism corrected.

You might have to go into the big city (you probably don't want to go to the local 70 year old doc "that everyone goes to"). The multiple exam rooms should look like the interior of a spaceship, not like the Eyeglass Factory.

It started like a slow wave in our astronomy club (astronomy seems to be an old man's hobby), where people stopped wearing their glasses. People with a crazy amount of correction are easy to find on the observing field, because they leave the focuser way out from the **normal** position for the next guy.

My own eyes were 7.25, 7.5 (that's a lot of correction for you normal sighted people). I'm 20/20 now. It was a very liberating feeling dropping all my prescription shooting glasses, safety glasses, sun glasses and normal glasses into the donation box.

On a related sad note, Michael Eric Dyson was being interviewed on TV a few weeks ago and the interviewer asked him "Did you loose your glasses??" because his thick glasses are his trademark. MED answered "No, I'm an old man now and had to get my cataracts done...so no more glasses."

YMMV so don't have a cow or blame me if your surgery did not fully correct your vision, especially from a decade ago.

Just like your colonoscopy, ask for a video copy of your cataract surgeryJust like your colonoscopy, ask for a video copy of your cataract surgery

There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.