(Topic ID: 290367)

30 Gallon Compressor ok for HVLP - cabinet painting?

By Dono

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dono
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4806DBF8-5DBB-49F7-A348-067B58F7983A (resized).jpeg
    4522C90C-5325-4CC3-B344-F8FF4390C7BD (resized).jpeg
    little beaver (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Profgrif.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

Thinking about getting this dual HVLP sprayer kit below; been using a pancake compressor with a detail gun but that setup throws paint everywhere and I have to start and stop constantly. With these HVLP sprayers, I know they require a lot of air, so looking at the CFM requirements of the main gun - 6.5@30 and then reviewing a bevy of 30 gallon compressors, it seems they can't quite meet this demand. Does that mean I'd have to go to a 60 gallon setup, or could I get by with a 30 gallon setup? Anyone have any thoughts or have a 30 gallon compressor/HVLP setup that can chime in? I don't have any other needs of this compressor, other than painting cabs, with a maximum of about 3 cabs/year.
    https://www.eastwood.com/concours-pro-2-paint-gun-and-accessory-kit.html

I am using a 60 gallon 240v here, I had a 30 for many years but it was always playing catch up, or I was always waiting for it!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Profgrif.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/30-gallon-compressor-ok-for-hvlp-cabinet-painting?tu=Profgrif and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.