Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MT45
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

413880.jpg
IMG_9334.JPG
Studio_20150607_093727.jpg
20150525_114416.jpg
Studio_20150607_092657.png
IMG_0136.JPG
Studio_20150607_092612.png
image-354.jpg
image.jpg
DES.jpg
Bride.jpg
54047861.jpg
PhotoGrid_1432086049138.jpg
PhotoGrid_1432085275329.jpg
PhotoGrid_1432086658466.jpg
PhotoGrid_1432087118022.jpg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

havent installed into pinball machines but LOTS of experience using them with very small Lepai amplifiers. I've got many pairs (spares too) of the MCM paper/cloth woofers, I like building speaker cabs. lots dont know, 7-8 actual watts can be -very- loud with efficient drivers.

pinsider markmon wrote an "add a subwoofer" thread, he specifies MCM woofers too. a couple people kinda argued "it isnt a sub unless its active/separate/powered", maybe they just dont understand. when you replace a speaker that gives 87-89 db from 1 watt with one that can pump 94+, its easy twice as loud more bass etc, no real need for another amp.

"blue resistors"? would those be capacitors and coils (low pass) to cut out higher frequencies?
if so, yup, leave them in and swap the woofer to see what it has to say for itself. small difference of 4-ohm vs 8-ohm might change cutoff frequency a little/barely, if they are different. if they're actually resistors, like 8 ohm amp needing 2-3 ohms in series to a 4 ohm speaker, probably wouldnt need that connecting an 8-ohm voicecoil.

the MCM are really inexpensive but their sensitivity makes them great for lower wattage, worth a try especially if you dont want more stuff on the floor like an external powered sub.

#52 3 years ago

I'm in the middle of a playfield swap and wondering what or if you installed anything for these two holes? Ones on the heartbeat ramp just above the ramp flap screw holes and the other is at the bottom of the right lanes. My BoP had nothing.

image.jpg

image.jpg

#53 3 years ago

Wow!!! Beautiful job.

I'll give you $3200 cash!! Haha. I kid.

I absolutely LOVE my BoP. Would you consider the DP 2.0 kit? I love mine. Again, congrats on a beautiful job.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I'm in the middle of a playfield swap and wondering what or if you installed anything for these two holes? Ones on the heartbeat ramp just above the ramp flap screw holes and the other is at the bottom of the right lanes. My BoP had nothing.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sorry so long to respond.

If referring to yellow hole, that is for ball stop that stops ball after exiting face

Studio_20150607_092612.png

IMG_0136.JPG

Again in images below, if referring to yellow circled hole. This one gets a GI socket
I also had drilled hole in red circle but had nothing to put there, nor a reason to put anything there so left it empty

Studio_20150607_092657.png

20150525_114416.jpg

#55 3 years ago

IMG_9334.JPG

Quoted from Ed209:I'm in the middle of a playfield swap and wondering what or if you installed anything for these two holes? Ones on the heartbeat ramp just above the ramp flap screw holes and the other is at the bottom of the right lanes. My BoP had nothing.
image.jpg
image.jpg

BTW, I added a washer under the post in yellow. 2 reasons. See the "before" pics of wrong post in place and how it had yoked the hole out of round. I refilled with 2 part wood mix, then redrilled it. This was the ONLY spot I had any clear attempt to "lift" during component reinstall. Once I added the washer it no longer wanted to lift. Plus I think the washer spreads some of that ball energy out thus saving that hole from ever tearing out or yoking again

Studio_20150607_093727.jpg

#56 3 years ago

Actually wondering what's behind the ball lock.

413880.jpg

Is it just one of those nylon spacers?

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Actually wondering what's behind the ball lock.
413880.jpg
Is it just one of those nylon spacers?

Ah, yes. The predrilled hole. Sorry but that. Yes, nylon spacer. I think it gives lateral support to ramp

#58 3 years ago

Amazing work, can't believe I almost missed this post! Your feelings on BoP sum up exactly how I feel about it. There's just something about how it all gels together. The lights, the sounds and the overall theme with challenging, straight-forward play. Nothing too complex but it's certainly not easy given the fast pace and lack of ball save. This is the first pin I've owned and I'm going through a similarly slow restoration as you (though not nearly as detailed!). Just doing a piece at a time, taking breaks in between and trying to play it when functional. Some days I have more fun working on it than I do playing it...if that makes any sense.

Some stray observations/comments:

LEDs: Couldn't agree more on this choice. Some games don't benefit as much from going that route but this one, considering the futuristic theme and the purple/blue colors really pop with the newer lighting. That was the very first thing I had done and it makes the game feel so very modern.
Astronauts: Those guys look right at home on the playfield, great match. Thanks for the link on those, may have to pick up a set!
Sleeves: I can't quite tell from the pictures but did you go with the Super-bands post sleeves? You mention the game got faster/harder so that's my hunch. I got a set of those and while they look great, the game was just too fast for my friends/family. They'd lose balls within seconds as the bounce-back was easily double that of stock Williams rubber.
Pop Bumpers: Do you have a link on those LED rings? Also, how possible do you think it is to get to those bulbs without pulling apart the vast majority of the playfield? Those lights are the only ones not functioning on my machine but they look like a real pain to get access to (top only, no bottom access). So far all the restoration work I've done hasn't required significant plastic removal (some of mine is really delicate) but it's sounding like I'm going to have to bite the bullet to replace those bulbs. Any tips appreciated.

Anyway, just wanted to say great work from a fellow BoP owner. Inspirational, to say the least!

#59 3 years ago

Thanks for the kind words
Did not put superbands on and didn't for the reasons you describe
Pop bumper lights are fairly easy to get to. Remove helmet bolts/screws (4 total)... No need to unplug helmet, just move to the side
Remove mini playfield (3 bolts if I recall)
Now you can access the pops.

Link here for pop rings is below. Make sure you turn them down to about half brightness. They are too bright on full.

http://www.britemods.com/britecaps-.html

#60 3 years ago

That's not too bad at all. I remember poking around back there and it looked like every few inches was a screw/bolt that linked to another piece of plastic. I'll give it another go this weekend. The link (and tips) are greatly appreciated!

edit: Wow, those were way easier to get to than they appeared to be. Nice to have my pop bumpers back, thanks!

#61 3 years ago

Metamorphosis video. Have added the shuttle mod and Brite sound speaker lights since last pictures were posted
Enjoy!

2 years later
#62 1 year ago

Totally an old thread but wanted to say "congrats!" What a great restore! I'm in the middle of one now and you've def inspired me

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Totally an old thread but wanted to say "congrats!" What a great restore! I'm in the middle of one now and you've def inspired me

Thx and don't hesitate to PM with questions as you go along. Great game

Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cincinnati, OH
£ 79.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boiling Springs, PA
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.00
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
$ 209.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 9.99
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside