Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Haymaker
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago

I guess I just like to come on this website and help people that have problems with a machine that I think I might be able to help out. I also like learning new things, so reading about what someone else finds to fix problems on a machine is interesting. And I like learning new things. That's about it. The machine doesn't have any feelings or political problems. The machine either works or it doesn't. If you fix a broke machine, I personally get a little bit of satisfaction from diagnosing a problem and correcting it or helping others do the same thing.

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

The "I'd like to see that in others too" is problematic for me. Reads like you are deciding who needs to be a better person, and how they should go about it. If that's the case, you might be setting yourself up for being constantly disappointed about what kind of response you are going to get.

It took me a while to process this thought. Maybe listening to, too much Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson has got my head in the clouds thinking the world could be a better place.

I just think that if less people played with lighters, then maybe we’d have less fires.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

It took me a while to process this thought. Maybe listening to, too much Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson has got my head in the clouds thinking the world could be a better place.
    I just think that if less people played with lighters, then maybe we’d have less fires.

If you're listening to Sam, then you're headed in the right direction.

Great thread, by the way. I appreciate your position!

One way for you to take control over how this site impacts you is to use the ignore/mute control. I've muted 40 users (give or take) and it works. Once you peel away what you don't want to see, you'll actually find that a lot of pinsiders are like yourself, @LTG, @chrishibler... Dent00 (who posted above). Lots of good folks. Thread drain works as well... I just used it yesterday.

Nice that Pinside has those tools, because you can craft your own experience.

#54 3 years ago

The only problem with the drain/ignore feature is it's against the rules to announce them. Which of course runs counter to the entire point! What fun is it ignoring someone when you can't rub it into their faces?

Of course most people figure it's worth the moderation and do it anyway.

#55 3 years ago

One way would be to get asking prices back to some sort of reasonable range.

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The only problem with the drain/ignore feature is it's against the rules to announce them. Which of course runs counter to the entire point! What fun is it ignoring someone when you can't rub it into their faces?
    Of course most people figure it's worth the moderation and do it anyway.

Totally agree. IMO, if you are able to let someone know they're being ignored, and it happens to them 20x-50x, maybe they'll figure out THEY are the problem or THEIR attitude is the problem.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What fun is it ignoring someone when you can't rub it into their faces?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #58 3 years ago

robin

How about a new Pinside tracker for each member so he or she can see how many members have them on ignore? I know of at least 3 that have me on ignore. You could even offer badges for different levels! 10 ignores = Jackass badge, 25 ignores = Asshole badge, and 50 or more ignores = Total Fucking Jagoff Badge!

Those are some accomplishments!

#59 3 years ago

being so thin skinned you have to ignore people is cringe, announcing you're ignoring somebody is even more cringe. Draining topics is cringe. Simply not looking at threads that annoy you and not letting people you don't like get under you skin = BASED

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3-was-to-make-pinside-a-better-place/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.