(Topic ID: 257859)

3 things I learned about my Hakko FR-300 desolder gun.

By cottonm4

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

71S7-P6v8iL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2402 (resized).JPG
    20230221_202147 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1676811062737114157201717268039 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2607 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.18.39 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 1 year ago

Staring down a Williams system 3-7 driver board and its 135 connector pins to replace, I recently ordered a 301. I don't do much board work these days, but I've done enough over the last 20 years that I can't believe I've suffered with a soldapullt all this time.

Anyway, do NOT order from this Amazon listing:
    https://www.amazon.com/Hakko-FR-301-Desoldering-Tool/dp/B07BKSLLG9

$236 was indeed to good to be true. They sent me a Japanese FR-301-81 which has no grounding plug and takes 100v instead of 120v. Not sure what would've happened if I tried to use it, but I noticed something was off and sent it back.

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Did it actually ship in to you in Hakko packaging? Like maybe the warehouse guy just grabbed the wrong unit of the shelf?

Same clamshell as the US unit, Hakko paper/packaging over the clamshell, same accessories, except with Japanese text, instructions, etc. Now that I'm reading more reviews, I'm not the only person it happened to. Maybe they got a batch of Japanese units by mistake and didn't notice the difference. Or are purposely unloading them cheaper?

Quoted from cottonm4:

All I know is that I can call Hakko and buy anything from the company direct.

Yeah, I was just being a cheapskate. I did order a handful of accessories from Hakko direct.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from balzofsteel:

The about seller link says he's in Japan and sells Japanese products.

Very good catch. Still some misleading stuff in the listing, like this:
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    ...and the American part number, which is straight-up wrong:
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    Everywhere else it just says FR-301, which is not specific to either county. He also cleverly (or accidentally) never shows the plug.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3-things-i-learned-about-my-hakko-fr-300-desolder-gun-?tu=yancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.