Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by cosmokramer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

unicorn  (resized).png

#1 4 months ago

I know there are a lot of pinheads out there with playfield issues, that would be so frustrating. I just wanted to note I have purchased 3 NIB machines from Stern in the last 12 months with little to no problems. They are a Star Wars comic premium, Jurassic Park Premium and Avengers IQ premium. I have had the usual minor issues of balls getting stuck and a ball save diverter on Star Wars needed a small adjustment, nothing major though. I live in New Zealand so by the time I put a deposit down it usually takes around 6 months to receive my machine. I wonder if the fact it takes so long to arrive my playfields cure harder? I have read on this site about opinions on playfields used too soon. Or maybe Stern playfields are improving? Anyway Im a happy customer and wouldn’t buy from another manufacture until playfield issues are addressed. “Hi to all from NZ”

#2 4 months ago
    Quoted from zatname:

I know there are a lot of pinheads out there with playfield issues, that would be so frustrating. I just wanted to note I have purchased 3 NIB machines from Stern in the last 12 months with little to no problems. They are a Star Wars comic premium, Jurassic Park Premium and Avengers IQ premium. I have had the usual minor issues of balls getting stuck and a ball save diverter on Star Wars needed a small adjustment, nothing major though. I live in New Zealand so by the time I put a deposit down it usually takes around 6 months to receive my machine. I wonder if the fact it takes so long to arrive my playfields cure harder? I have read on this site about opinions on playfields used too soon. Or maybe Stern playfields are improving? Anyway Im a happy customer and wouldn’t buy from another manufacture until playfield issues are addressed. “Hi to all from NZ”

id send them back and demand you get what everyone else is getting.

#3 4 months ago
    Quoted from zatname:

How much did they pay you, for writing something like this?
    Just kidding, my Ghostbusters Pro bought in 2017 and my Stranger Things Pro bought in 2020 haven’t had any major issues either.

#4 4 months ago

Nice to hear the positive side for once. It's human nature to complain about the negative but not necessarily talk about the positive. It's easy to get the impression that every machine is going to be bad when in actuality for every problem we hear about there are many with no problems. We just do not hear about those.

Congrats on the awesome machines! That's a great line-up!

#5 4 months ago
    unicorn (resized).png
    #6 4 months ago
    Quoted from Midway-Man:

How much did they pay you, for writing something like this?
    Just kidding, my Ghostbusters Pro bought in 2017 and my Stranger Things Pro bought in 2020 haven’t had any major issues either.

Thanks for your message. Just trying to add some positive feedback for a change around here

#7 4 months ago

Thanks for your message. Just trying to add some positive feedback for a change around here

#8 4 months ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Nice to hear the positive side for once. It's human nature to complain about the negative but not necessarily talk about the positive. It's easy to get the impression that every machine is going to be bad when in actuality for every problem we hear about there are many with no problems. We just do not hear about those.
    Congrats on the awesome machines! That's a great line-up!

Hi and thanks for taking the time to comment... yeh we can all do with some positivity every now and then...

#9 4 months ago

No problems with my Jurassic Park Pro and Stranger Things Pro.

#10 4 months ago

Big Game, Stargazer and Quicksilver

#11 4 months ago

Yeah sure! And your coilstops are like new after a year too? Mmmm

I'm sure Zatname is Garry, or Jody or someone at Stern.
    It must be
    There is probably a hint in the name Zatname

Lets see...zatname

Mean taz (hes just mean like a tazmanian devil)

At ze man (at the man...next to Garry)

Me zanta (could it be?...)

Man teaz (ehhh....)

Ok i guess your just a happy Stern owner, thanks for sharing the positivity!

#12 4 months ago

LZ perfect out of the box
    IMDN perfect out of the box
    GB was another story - that weird geometry needed some structural changes, and the code severely needed an update. But it’s perfect now

To prove I’m not a paid employee of Stern, WOZ, Hobbit and the AFM remake were also flawless

#13 4 months ago

Without question, the most reliable nib games have been Stern for me.

#14 4 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

No problems with my Jurassic Park Pro and Stranger Things Pro.

Great games! I had about 15 game of Stranger Things on location but could not get any balls into the Demogorgon, such a hard shot but great game. Cheers

#15 4 months ago

To be honest I was worried about posting something positive here as I thought I was going to get dealt to. Play long and hard pinheads!!! Life's too short

#16 4 months ago

you will have issue with AIQ subway, just a matter of time. not a big deal as you can play without it...what i still went on to do after replacing the mech. subway is useless

also had some minor issues with imdn Le, as registration shots in a loop and ejection trouble from lifting ramp

#17 4 months ago
    Quoted from zatname:

To be honest I was worried about posting something positive here as I thought I was going to get dealt to. Play long and hard pinheads!!! Life's too short

I’ve bought maybe 10-12 NIB.

Pretty much all have needed some tweaks out of the box to get them playing mint.

Only the Jurassic Park has had a bad playfield. Awaiting a replacement.

rd

#18 4 months ago
    Quoted from jorro:

Yeah sure! And your coilstops are like new after a year too? Mmmm

I forgot about the bad coil stops on JP (2 of mine broke). But I think Stern switched back, because the ones on STH seem solid. Still, a minor problem in the scheme of things.

Quoted from zatname:

Great games! I had about 15 game of Stranger Things on location but could not get any balls into the Demogorgon, such a hard shot but great game. Cheers

I lowered my Demogorgon so the shot can be made, it’s a lot more fun that way. There were a few non-registering switches out of the box, but it’s easy to fix those.

#19 4 months ago
    Quoted from zatname:

Im right there with you. 5 NIB Sterns in the last year all no issues except a few washers needed under ball guides or optos/switches needing adjusted. Its been awhile since Ive had any issues with a Stern, probably 2016 Ghostbusters ghosting was last time and they sent a populated playfield to me.

Also bought 3 other used spike system Sterns in the last year and besides needing a few adjustments from being transported all had no issues either.

Only game that was broken was JJP GnR and I had to jump through hoops until they sent the replacement part for something they admitted to me they were having issues with.

#20 4 months ago

I bought 3 Sterns in the last 2 months also with no problems:
    Ironman
    Metallica
    Spiderman

I dont buy NIB anymore, I wait and buy them when I can inspect and play.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside