Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).png
20160125200120660_(resized).jpg
DSCF0245_(resized).JPG
DSCF0244_(resized).JPG

#1 7 years ago

I've been working on my playfield swap the last 3 days and just discovered a mistake. First of all Peter did an excellent job on these. The registry on the dimples is pretty much spot on for the assemblies. The mistake is on the lower left of the playfield above the in and out lanes. There is an adjustable post that mounts there. The right side has the dimples and oval slot for the 3 position adjustable post. The left side just has the dimples and no oval slot. I can use my router and make one pretty easily. Other that that it's perfect. Did the 1st. and 2nd. runs have this problem? Are all the 3rd. run ones missing the slot?

DSCF0244_(resized).JPGDSCF0244_(resized).JPG

DSCF0245_(resized).JPGDSCF0245_(resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

What does it look like from the top? If it looks clean maybe cool to just leave it out bop could use a little added difficulty

#3 7 years ago

You know what I just looked under the playfield as it's bottom up on my bench. The slot is there but the milling machine didn't cut deep enough through the plywood. It's so close that light shines through the remaining wood.

#4 7 years ago

so you fire off a "mistake" thread without even looking at the other side of playfield?

#5 7 years ago

What exactly would you call it??? Maybe close but no cigar. Did you at any time read me bitching about this? It's a mistake and not a big deal that can be routed out

#6 7 years ago

I think what he might be saying is: Maybe they drilled out 3 spots on top for you to use as the adjustment with wood screws, instead of the sliding adjustment.

#7 7 years ago

I checked the 2nd run playfield that I have--it looks like the slot your describing was drilled out on this one, so what you found may be limited to the 3rd run, a small batch of the 3rd run, or just your playfield in particular.

If you haven't done so already, notify Peter of the issue so he can address it.

20160125200120660_(resized).jpg20160125200120660_(resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago

If you can see thru the wood.. if use a new exacto knife to cut the slot.

#9 7 years ago

I did notify Peter and as I said it's not a problem. There might be 1/16 of wood still left there. I'll use my laminate router with a small edging bit. That will give a nice clean cut edge.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from JanS:

I did notify Peter and as I said it's not a problem. There might be 1/16 of wood still left there. I'll use my laminate router with a small edging bit. That will give a nice clean cut edge.

While it might not be a problem for you, it's still an error that I'm sure Peter would like to try to correct if it's showing up on other playfields too. I PMed Peter about it to let him know to watch out for it.

#11 7 years ago

Hmmm....looks like I got same mistake

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#12 7 years ago

I was on the first run... Didn't have this issue .

#13 7 years ago

Hello to all.

Yes I have check the remaining boards that I still have here, yes they all have it.
It looks like the mill didnt go right through the board. The top of the board has the slot milled,
from the rear side, there is a paper thick layer of wood left over.
I have taken a sharp cutter knife and could easly remove the remain wood.
Always push cut the blade into the slot from the rear side.
You can also use a Dremel.
Ill get the remaining boards fixed up before I send them out.

Sorry about this.
I wish all a pleasant Sunday.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all.
Yes I have check the remaining boards that I still have here, yes they all have it.
It looks like the mill didnt go right through the board. The top of the board has the slot milled,
from the rear side, there is a paper thick layer of wood left over.
I have taken a sharp cutter knife and could easly remove the remain wood.
Always push cut the blade into the slot from the rear side.
You can also use a Dremel.
Ill get the remaining boards fixed up before I send them out.
Sorry about this.
I wish all a pleasant Sunday.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

Not the biggest deal.. And am glad to have it! Thanks Peter

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3-rd-run-repro-bop-playfield-mistake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.