5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Can someone show me a pinout for the 3 prong lamp sockets? without a lamp installed, none of the 3 pins have continuity. I'm a little confused on them.

More info... I have purchased LED's for my F14. Many of the bayonet LED's that I have are incorrect polarity, so they will not light in the socket. No worries i thought, I'll just swap the wires. Hold on! there are 3 wires and a diode. If I switch the wires, the diode will be the wrong polarity for the matrix right? So I need to not only swap the wires, but swap all the diodes also, yes?

#2 5 years ago

One prong should have continuity to the outer side of the socket, one to the nub on the inside middle, and one should have no continuity, it's just a place to mount the other end of the diode so it's not floating in space. You should be able to swap the wire without a diode connected to it, and the end of the diode without a wire connected to it, leaving the no-continuity tab with the diode+wire untouched

#3 5 years ago

gotchya. i'm being dumb. but if I'm flipping the power feed, don't I need to flip the diode as well to maintain the proper polarity in the lamp matrix?

#4 5 years ago

If you move the end of the diode without a wire to the other lead, that is flipping the diode.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3-prong-lamp-sockets-pinout-leds-system-11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.