(Topic ID: 962)

3 pins in one day. (aka - Pinaholics Anonymous)

By maldoror

14 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by maldoror
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Key_Fob_Resized.jpg
    #1 14 years ago

I went and saw wolfman this morning, of course he picks daylight savings day to decide to meet up at his storage unit at 9am, and of course I was up till 4am working on pins (ok ok and playing a little Dragon Age). So anyways I got down there today and he sure has a shit-ton of new stuff. I saw the shadow, which is sold (really nice pin, great condition) and ended up picking up the $300 F-14 tomcat. The price on this was a steal, it looks like it broke on location and was pulled many years ago and sat unfixed. R1 on the snubber boards are fried on EACH of the boards, every one. This is causing problems obviously as these relays are not working. No biggie though it will fix up really nice once this is taken care of, a great steal for $300.

So once I got home I did my regular browsing of craigslist and found some other guy with a Bally Strikes and Spares (working, perfect backglass, very light playfield wear) and an Atari Space Riders (working, bad displays) packaged with a Popeye arcade game (nintendo), he wanted them gone today and was asking 700$ for the whole shebang, I called and offered him $500 and he accepted. I called my vid collector friend and he was interested in the Popeye for $200 and will meet me over there and pick it up at same time as I am picking up the 2 pins. So I net the strikes and spares and space riders for $300! I just picked up 3 pins in one day for $600 and filled my gameroom to capacity (again).

I think I seriously need to goto pinball rehab.

p.s. going back to wolfmans on Weds to pickup a Contra arcade game so if you want me to look at anything there for you, let me know. he has a bunch of new stuff, and the theater of magic is there still (and it is nice, routed but nice).

#2 14 years ago

You know I was second on the list for the F-14 !!! Oh well .. he said something about making me a deal on something else before he comes out here again.

Oh and like they say in SouthPark ... "You Bastard!!" .. hehehehehe

BTW I have much more of the A-Go-Go working. I think it's still missing a voltage line to the outhole and roulette wheel kicker holes with the wires being cut off the coin door mechs. The schematic from Pinball Resource is helping alot. I am going to take it to work tomorrow where I can study it in peace and quiet.

#3 14 years ago

Should be a law against that -too much bang for your buck$ !
    -great finds,
    like the strikes and spares the most, I never seen a space rider before?

#4 14 years ago

Hey nice one, it's so cool that you guys are all getting pins from the same dude. BD, you should write a background story about Wolfman and his truck full o' pinballs.

My advice: keep on buying! Like that British song: "They try to make me go to rehab - I say no, no no!"

I'm actually going through a rough patch myself with the pinball addiction. I just keep on buying pins Since mid-december I bought the Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Baywatch and tomorrow night I'm going to look at a Judge Dredd. A friend of mine has a Roadshow for sale in excellent condition and I'm contemplating buying it - Djeez am I going nuts here?

#5 14 years ago

The most bang for my buck I got was a double deal with two desperate hookers at 2am on a business trip 10 years ago in Ann Arbor MI

Yeah Wolfman is an old ancient so and so but he loves the business and has for many years. Like anyone in business that long he's made friends and enemies. Hell, I could be all pissed off about the A-Go-Go taking so much work but for me it's the restoration fun. I could part the dang thing out for what I paid. In fact I already had someone ask if I wanted to sell the backglass and the roulette wheel and motor for $175.

I really hope jrrdw helps you get that iPad Robin. We have a great group of people here but it's always open to more people joining in the "fun". I do everything I can from making it a "clique" like other places and groups.

#6 14 years ago

Killer job maldoror on the F14. Put some pics up! If your lucky around here, F14 goes for three times what you paid for.

Its a healthy hobby this pinball thing man. You can never have enough pins. The wife/girlfriend/kids can sleep under a machine if they like, I always say. If I get a single complaint, that person gets posted for sale/trade on the craigslist for another pinball machine!!!!!

*twitches*

No robin. You are not nuts! I say go for the JD.......AND the RS!

*twitches repeatedly, talking to self*

"I need a Shadow.....and I need a Johnny Mnemonic too.....I also need a....."

*twitches, rubbing hands together maniacally*

"hehehehheheheHEHEHEHEhehehehHEHEHEHEHehehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

#7 14 years ago

Congrats on the Hat Trick Maldoror

#8 14 years ago

Ok, so after a fulls days events I am only net +1 pin (the f-14). The guy ended up selling the atari before I got there (yikes!) and I had a client offer me a fair price for the strikes and spares on the way home so it was in my possession all of 10 minutes. The good news is, the F-14 was basically a 100$ pin after the days work. A net gain when all is said and done. :[] Pics soon (this is my second F-14 lol) I sold the first one to buy other pins. This one may be a keeper.

Oh yea, and the nicest supprise of the day, the F-14 came with the keyfob promo plastic! Honestly this is the first pin I've ever owned that actually still had the promo plastic still in it. Funny how those little pieces of plastic are so rare to actually get with a machine. Think about it, those were so likely to be pilfered by the arcade attendants that they are almost never there.

#9 14 years ago

Hi Maldoror,
    I don't know what are these "Promo plastics" - Never seen or heared like a noob - A picture could help me to grow ..
    Thanks.

#10 14 years ago

Here's an example of a Key Fob promo for TZ.
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/product.asp?ic=PK-TZKEYSET

There are others like coasters, speaker cutouts, and magnets.

#11 14 years ago

Nice pickup, you guy's sure get some great deals.

I got this Key Fob with my IJ 2008

Key_Fob_Resized.jpgKey_Fob_Resized.jpg

#12 14 years ago

That's awesome Malador - You make me feel really pathetic buying an Addam's Family this weekend for $2800. At your rate I could have bought 5-10 pins...lol I have bought five now since Sept. and a slot machine. Just remember you are not alone with is problem.

#13 14 years ago

We all are possesed with a buying spree,Maybe it will help the economy.LOL

#14 14 years ago

Yea VT8 but I don't have an Addam's family! So do not feel too bad, good score did you post pics?

#15 14 years ago

So did you buy the Contra arcade ??

I took the F-14 and the Judge Dread you formerly owned off the list.

You just wait for my next deal(s) that will make your's look like buying diamonds .. pfffft

#16 14 years ago

maldoror I still think your best score was that TZ!!! Your just not going to find many like that - unless this f-14 is NIB - nice work guys, way to put the pressure on.

#17 14 years ago

yeah his TZ for $1500 - didn't he also buy a stand up Pac-Man for $50 with $30 in quarters left in it???...lol

Malador - pics are coming, I need to invest in a better camera, currently stuck with taking them on the laptop...

#18 14 years ago

Yes I bought the Contra, 50 bucks it's worth that for nostaliga factor

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3-pins-in-one-day-aka-pinaholics-anonymous and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.