D3D4870B-5B1F-4FD2-80FA-AF78D3D04E75 (resized).jpeg
70DBAD98-E2B6-43B9-8285-23843324EB94 (resized).jpeg
E6D622C5-DDE5-41DB-B25C-BF972176E3A3 (resized).jpeg
C5B8E96B-31E3-4782-A612-65EB7FA2D059 (resized).jpeg
BA1598FA-C359-4FEC-AA73-3F960E40DAC5 (resized).jpeg
4F1DBDD5-8619-4795-AA34-B010A91C56EE (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6411874_3 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_6411874_5 (resized).jpg

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

I've moved 3 at one time multiple times in my 2012 Honda Odyssey. One wide body goes behind the front seats, remove the bolts to the hinges on the head and put the other two side by side and push the heads over the cup holders in the back. Lay dolly across the top of one of the games and tools in the front. Easy to do and you don't have to remove any wires

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from BobT:

I’m getting the mini van from enterprise. I was supposed to be on the road today, but postponed till next week due to weather. I’m traveling from Columbus Ohio through Chicago up to Madison Wisconsin. The weather forecast indicated sleet, snow, and ice combined with high winds. In my youth I would have said F it and went anyways.

Wise. We have friends that were injured in the pileup on the turnpike earlier this winter. Not worth it.

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from Homebar124:

I've moved 3 at one time multiple times in my 2012 Honda Odyssey. One wide body goes behind the front seats, remove the bolts to the hinges on the head and put the other two side by side and push the heads over the cup holders in the back. Lay dolly across the top of one of the games and tools in the front. Easy to do and you don't have to remove any wires

Good to know. My brother is considering selling his 15 passenger Ford E350 in favor of a minivan and I've been recommending he get an Odyssey. His E350 has been my pinhauler for the last 8 years and it's so easy to load my games off my dolly into it, it's stupid. It'll be nice to know the Honda has plenty of room, and will get WAY better gas mileage!

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Good to know. My brother is considering selling his 15 passenger Ford E350 in favor of a minivan and I've been recommending he get an Odyssey. His E350 has been my pinhauler for the last 8 years and it's so easy to load my games off my dolly into it, it's stupid. It'll be nice to know the Honda has plenty of room, and will get WAY better gas mileage!

I've heard the 2018-2019 had some transmission issues. I've had 2 2012's and they've been solid. Better gas mileage and a more comfortable ride.

#55 1 year ago

Having been stop #2 on Bob's pinball acquisition trip, I can state that it looks like they will all fit...we got WPT in and slid it perpendicular to the back and then reloaded xenon in from the back with what looked to be enough room for the third.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from redman822:

Having been stop #2 on Bob's pinball acquisition trip, I can state that it looks like they will all fit...we got WPT in and slid it perpendicular to the back and then reloaded xenon in from the back with what looked to be enough room for the third.

BobT We need photographic proof when all three are in!

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

BobT We need photographic proof when all three are in!

Not pretty, but effective…. All three snug and happy. Having two older machines with removable heads in the mix really helped.
It was super windy on the 7+ hour return drive. I think that all that pinball machine weight created a lower center of gravity and stabilized the minivan a bit.
Now the real fun begins. All new cpr pf and bits for xenon, and a complete shop and lots of loving for SAS.

70DBAD98-E2B6-43B9-8285-23843324EB94 (resized).jpeg70DBAD98-E2B6-43B9-8285-23843324EB94 (resized).jpegC5B8E96B-31E3-4782-A612-65EB7FA2D059 (resized).jpegC5B8E96B-31E3-4782-A612-65EB7FA2D059 (resized).jpegD3D4870B-5B1F-4FD2-80FA-AF78D3D04E75 (resized).jpegD3D4870B-5B1F-4FD2-80FA-AF78D3D04E75 (resized).jpegD881B754-E9EC-4043-9BB8-3C7C5B925AE3 (resized).jpegD881B754-E9EC-4043-9BB8-3C7C5B925AE3 (resized).jpegE6D622C5-DDE5-41DB-B25C-BF972176E3A3 (resized).jpegE6D622C5-DDE5-41DB-B25C-BF972176E3A3 (resized).jpeg
#58 1 year ago

I was hoping you'd post pictures! With your dolly crammed in there it doesn't look like that was a terribly comfortable ride home! Congrats on the new pins!

#59 1 year ago

You might wanna throw a blanket under that dolly or you risk it puncturing the seat leather. Ask me how I know.

#60 1 year ago

It can be done.

Cargo van woulda been easier. But shit for a long drive.

It’s all pros and cons.

Did you have no choice but to put the games on their sides?

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from BobT:

Not pretty, but effective…. All three snug and happy. Having two older machines with removable heads in the mix really helped.
It was super windy on the 7+ hour return drive. I think that all that pinball machine weight created a lower center of gravity and stabilized the minivan a bit.
Now the real fun begins. All new cpr pf and bits for xenon, and a complete shop and lots of loving for SAS.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good! Definitely could fit two modern pins in there using the “T” shape. What was the process for sliding in and rotating the one by the front seats? Did you need to open the side doors to have room to pivot or run into any space problems making the turn? Congrats btw!

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Looks good! Definitely could fit two modern pins in there using the “T” shape. What was the process for sliding in and rotating the one by the front seats? Did you need to open the side doors to have room to pivot or run into any space problems making the turn? Congrats btw!

Not the OP, but I've done this numerous times. Front machine comes in from the back and rotates. I put down a 4x8 sheet of plywood first to make sure nothing catches. If I'm feeling well prepared I will bring a couple of 3 foot long 2 inch PVC pipes to use as rollers to make things easy... but will remember to remove them before moving... unlike my first pinball horror experience.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from BobT:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Was this a caravan or the pacifica?

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Not the OP, but I've done this numerous times. Front machine comes in from the back and rotates. I put down a 4x8 sheet of plywood first to make sure nothing catches. If I'm feeling well prepared I will bring a couple of 3 foot long 2 inch PVC pipes to use as rollers to make things easy... but will remember to remove them before moving... unlike my first pinball horror experience.

I’m curious if, for the turn, do the front seats get in the way? Need to slide them forward to get the rotation space? My trim level Pacifica has a larger fixed center console/armrest then the others and wondering if that is going to interfere.

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I’m curious if, for the turn, do the front seats get in the way? Need to slide them forward to get the rotation space? My trim level Pacifica has a larger fixed center console/armrest then the others and wondering if that is going to interfere.

I've done it in an Odyssey and in a Sienna. Seats part of the way up in the front (I'm a tall guy, could drive fine). Bottom line, if you can fit a 4x8 piece of wood in the back you can fit 3 pins with the above method.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It can be done.
Cargo van woulda been easier. But shit for a long drive.
It’s all pros and cons.
Did you have no choice but to put the games on their sides?

I might have been able to lay them flat, but both are projects, so simple was best.

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Was this a caravan or the pacifica?

pacifica

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

That’s exactly how I did it. Normally I’d be more particular and fastidious in wrapping, loading, and moving, but this was a very long day of driving with three stops. I figured as long as WPT was not scratched I was good.

3 weeks later
#69 12 months ago

RE: sideways game. My brother and I put it in through the side doors. it's EXTREMELY tight so definitely need to wrap a game before doing so unless it's already beat up.

#70 12 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

… or 15th cup holder causes that last pin not to fit.

Very funny and true! Love it!

#71 12 months ago

I hope I get the chance to try and fit 3 games into my 2010 Caravan someday. Fit 2 easily. 3 would fit nice with the heads removed on 2 of them.

Love the stow and go seating

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Bucks County, PA
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 10.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 7.50
Hardware
Volcano Pinball
Hardware
$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Powell, WY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3-pinball-machines-in-a-minivan/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.