8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by LesManley
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5a64a4a7-129e-492f-b16f-52d32e0b805a_(resized).jpeg
    #1 8 years ago

Saw this at Target tonight. It's marked at $19.99 but comes up under holiday stuff so it was only $6.99 on sale. Figured I would take a chance for $7.00 and I am glad I did. Remote comes with batteries, you can work 3 different outlets off one remote and it's ready to go out of the box. I hooked up a lightbox and neon to it so far and it works perfectly. Says the range is 80ft through walls, doors and windows and the plugs are grounded. Definitely worth checking out if you have a Target near by, you need something like this and don't want to spend a ton of money on it.

5a64a4a7-129e-492f-b16f-52d32e0b805a_(resized).jpeg5a64a4a7-129e-492f-b16f-52d32e0b805a_(resized).jpeg

#2 8 years ago

Pretty cool. You can keep the remote in your pocket. And if someone gets close to taking your GC score . . . hmm, reset.

Check the amps is can handle. Probably < 10 so don't do more than 2 games on one plug.

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Pretty cool. You can keep the remote in your pocket. And if someone gets close to taking your GC score . . . hmm, reset.
    Check the amps is can handle. Probably < 10 so don't do more than 2 games on one plug.

Yeah, I haven't done any games yet. It was just perfect for the lightbox and neon clock I have. The switch for those was behind the wall in another room and this eliminates needing to go to another room to turn those on.

#4 8 years ago

Just my experience but I would keep these off your games. I was using them for awhile and it was very cool to turn on everything in the game room with a small remote. Until I kept blowing random transistors on the main board in my NIB MET. After way too much board re-work for comfort, I got rid of them and it hasn't happened since. Didn't affect any of my other games but I wasn't taking any more chances.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Just my experience but I would keep these off your games. I was using them for awhile and it was very cool to turn on everything in the game room with a small remote. Until I kept blowing random transistors on the main board in my NIB MET. After way too much board re-work for comfort, I got rid of them and it hasn't happened since. Didn't affect any of my other games but I wasn't taking any more chances.

Yeah, I don't think I would use them on games. I have more expensive ones I don't use on games either, but they are great for the decor stuff.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3-pack-indoor-wireless-grounded-outlet-remote-system-7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.