(Topic ID: 4052)

3 new titles played now

By The_Gorilla

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I went to the movie theater in West Des Moines and played Rolling Stones, IM and SM. Loved SM a lot. IM was ok. I don't think I would accept Rolling Stones as a gift. Sorry, Stern....

#2 12 years ago

After I played Tron last week for about an hour I decided to give Rolling Stones a few games.

Maybe I didn't get it or play well, but the Mick target was always in the way of my shots. I couldn't stand the voice calls either. After the second game, I decided I needed to play Tron more in order to not leave with bad Stern feelings! One of their worst efforts IMHO...

#3 12 years ago

There is a SM, BDK, BBH and Shrek on site near me at Western Pier, which caught fire a couple of years back (see clip). Well worth a visit. I like both BDK and Spiderman a lot.

I also like Iron man-more edgy to play, with shorter ball times but great fun. I have played the Stones, it was OK but doesn't rock my world I'm afraid.

The pier is now restored and looking great!

#4 12 years ago

Pretty much agree with you all the way around Gorilla. Rolling Stones is complete garbage, IM seems to get better for me each time I play it, and SM is made of win.

Rolling Stones isn't even fit for firewood as far as I'm concerned.

#5 12 years ago

From what I understand Mick is supposed to block certain shots so you have to time it better.

#6 12 years ago

that pier vid made me tear up. Glad to see it is back. How many pins do they have?

#7 12 years ago

They had four a few weeks ago which is enough to keep me interested for a few hours as they are good titles SM, BDK, BBH, Shrek, except maybe BBH which I'm not that keen on.

#8 12 years ago

I could not keep putting money into the stones pin at the theater here. Spent more in Avatar. Mick looks cheap to me.

#9 12 years ago

Stones is crap and feels cheap when you play it. IM is ok, but seems like a game you would get tired of before too long. SM is great and I love to play it whenever I have a chance! The one on location that Gorilla played is full of LED's and looks great! Definitely have to try and buy a SM down the road...next Stern for me has to be LOTR. Been looking for one for over a year now.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

I could not keep putting money into the stones pin at the theater here. Spent more in Avatar

personally, i think AVATAR is the worst game of this decade. i can't enjoy that game at all, even the LE model. i think a 6 year old could have laid out a better playfield design. rolling stones isn't much fun either, but at least it has action. SM? that game is great, i foresee it becoming a keeper.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer22:

Been looking for one for over a year now.

Me..too...wanna...split....it?....lol...btw...this...is...the...no...spacebar....work...computer....if...you...can't...tell!!

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Me..too...wanna...split....it?....lol...btw...this...is...the...no...spacebar....work...computer....if...you...can't...tell!!

Can't get the IT guys to hook you up with a new keyboard?!?

#13 12 years ago

lol...tooo...cheap

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3-new-titles-played-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.