3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN3731 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexRogan84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

3-lamp PCB assembly C-13361

Added: 2020-12-20 03:26:29 UTC • Ended: January 31st, 2021

Price

Wanted

I am looking for one C-13361 3-lamp PCB assembly. There are three of these on the Getaway and they are the boards that have the set of 3 traffic lights (red, yellow, green). One of my boards has a poor pin connector on the board and it is affecting my green bulb. None of the main parts websites seem to offer these that I could find, so I'm asking here. Let me know what you have, how much you want for it and where it is located (shipping to Guelph, Ontario, Canada). Thanks.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are AlexRogan84's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to AlexRogan84's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Guelph, ON, CA

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Have you tried reflowing the solder on the pins? Sometimes they can develop cracked solder joints due to handling or vibration.

And does reflowing mean just heating up the little bit of solder already on the board around those pins or should I also be adding a little more new solder in there too?

Has one of the guys on here put a little how to video up showing this?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Usually heating up, but sometimes adding just a little bit of new soldier.
Have you done any soldering before?

Some. Mostly replacing coils or leaf switches. The sort of soldering where you don’t have to be very good at it or pretty. I’ve not worked on any boards before where it might be better not to be too sloppy. Advice? Less is more? Lower temperature setting on soldering iron?

#7 3 years ago

Makes sense. I'll start low and increase as needed. My soldering iron came with a dial from 1-5. Not entirely sure what setting corresponds to what temperature though, or whether it's that accurate. I'll just go with the patience until I see things change.

I think you're right about it being vibration related or just the machine jostling about. I put the playfield up and then carefully turned it back on and moved the plastic connector around with my finger while watching the lights. Sure enough, if I push over to one side of the connector, that light comes back on. So something definitely loose in there.

Funny too how I have noticed when you hit the flippers firmly, the lights in the backbox will flicker just a tiny amount in conjunction with the flippers. So either an electrical demand thing robbing just a little bit of the power, or a vibration thing when the flipper coils go. Similar flicker in one of my pop bumpers with the upper flipper. Although these have the LED rings in them and that might be loose in its own separate way. I have not had those apart to see how they were installed.

Thanks for your help with this.

#9 3 years ago

Hey, so I got the lights working again. Reflowing the solder on that one pin did the trick. Thanks for the help!

1 week later
#11 3 years ago
Quoted from XPABLO:

hi... i found this ones , pulled from BOP
Let me know if interested.
I can ship to Canada.
Thanks !
[quoted image]

Hey, thanks. I think I'm okay now with the ones I have. Would be nice to have a spare though. I don't think the lower/bigger one in your photo would work without modifying the connector somehow, but the upper/smaller one in your picture might. Hard to say without having it to try.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexRogan84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3-lamp-pcb-assembly-c-13361?tu=AlexRogan84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.