Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by unigroove
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PinballMag.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Last week Pinball Magazine No. 1 was launched exactly 1 year ago. In order to celebrate this some how I figured it would be nice to publish some new interviews for FREE. So this week I will be publishing not 1, not 2, but 3 up-to-date, in-depth interviews with Jersey Jack Pinball’s Jack Guarnieri (owner), Joe Balcer (designer of Wizard of Oz and The Hobbit) and Jean-Paul de Win (LCD animator Wizard of Oz and The Hobbit). The interviews will be published on different days this week and today we start with the interview with Jack Guarnieri.
    See http://www.pinball-magazine.com. Hope you enjoy the interviews.

Cheers!

Jonathan
    http://www.pinball-magazine.com

#2 10 years ago

Awesome! Thank you. I'm looking forward to reading the articles.

#4 10 years ago

I just finished reading the first interview with Jack. Very insightful and a great read. You can tell by reading the interview just how passionate Jack is about WOZ, his company and staff. The Joe interview should be pretty cool too. We may get some more Hobbit news in the next couple interviews!

#5 10 years ago

Just returned home a business trip ... nestled in my pile of mail were these gems:

Nice quality job Jonathan, thanks!

PinballMag.jpgPinballMag.jpg

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The Joe interview should be pretty cool too. We may get some more Hobbit news in the next couple interviews!

Yes!! Joe seems to be the one we have to "squeeze"

#7 10 years ago

Can anyone tell me if these interviews are the ones from issue #2? I'll be picking up my copy in a couple weeks, so I can wait if I'll be able to read them in the issue. If not, I'll jump in now.

Thanks.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Can anyone tell me if these interviews are the ones from issue #2? I'll be picking up my copy in a couple weeks, so I can wait if I'll be able to read them in the issue. If not, I'll jump in now.
    Thanks.

Nope, brand new, read away, you won't find them in the print mag.

#9 10 years ago

Fingers crossed we get interview number 2 tomorrow. Really looking forward to hearing any surprises from Joe about TH.

#10 10 years ago

Nice interview. Jack should get orders just based on how passionate he is about pinball.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

These are all new interviews. They're not in Issue 2 and I probably won't publish them in Issue 3 either.

#13 10 years ago

The second of this week's free interviews, this time with pinball designer Joe Balcer, is now published: http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=1449. The third interview, with Jean-Paul de Win, LCD animator on The Wizard of Oz and The Hobbit, will be published Saturday.

#14 10 years ago

Minor typo:

"We did pot some Wizard of Oz games out there that just didn’t have the rule set in."

pot -> put

Love the interviews, thanks for doing these. The magic words you just spoke though were "Issue 3", can't wait!

#15 10 years ago

Typo corrected. That goes a lot easier than in print

#16 10 years ago

The third free interview of this week is ready to go, but waiting for approval on one question. Since it's the Labor Day weekend that answer may take a while, but once it's in, the interview will be published. In the mean time the interviews with Jack Guarnieri and Joe Balcer are still available on the Pinball Magazine website.

#17 10 years ago

Wish I could still get a copy of #1.

#18 10 years ago

The third free interview of this week is now published: http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=1467. This time we discuss the latest developments on Wizard of Oz and The Hobbit with JJP's graphic animator Jean-Paul de Win. Enjoy!

In case you enjoy these in-depth interviews, maybe a copy of Pinball Magazine No. 2 could interest you. See www.pinball-magazine.com/shop for all the details.

Quoted from BOBCADE:

Wish I could still get a copy of #1.

See this post for links to vendors that may still have a copy available: http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=1403 . I may collect a few copies at Expo, so maybe I can help you out after Expo.

#19 10 years ago

Thanks, got it at the goat store.

Ever think about a full digital release on iPad or something?

#20 10 years ago

Thanks for the interview. I like his attitude about the LCD. It has a lot of possibilities to tap, but it shouldn't ever become a video game in an of itself.

1 month later
    #21 10 years ago

Update: I just posted a 4th free interview on the Pinball Magazine website. This time WoZ programmer Keith P. Johnson was kind enough to make some time available and talk about his current activities in Woz and Hobbit. Link: http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=1511. The interview is currently still a bit low on pics, but I didn't want to wait any longer with publishing it. Enjoy!

Jonathan
    Pinball Magazine
    www.pinball-magazine.com

#22 10 years ago

Fantastic interview with Keith! Thank you and thank you Keith!

I can't believe that the games code may be nearly complete come the next update which sounds like will be at the Expo! That's awesome news. There still sounds like there's a lot to put in. Battle The Wicked Witch, two more munchkin modes, another crystal ball mode, I think Castle Multiball, maybe changes to Haunted modes, diamond and emerald collect animations / notifications and of course the games main wizard mode Somewhere Over The Rainbow. If all of that gets into the next update it will be by far the largest update yet for the game. Can't wait

#23 10 years ago

Any idea when you will have copies of the first one? I have held off on ordering because I want a copy of each issue.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremecium:

Any idea when you will have copies of the first one? I have held off on ordering because I want a copy of each issue.

At Expo I expect to receive some copies of Issue 1 that will be offered in the web shop. I do have a list with people who already reserved one of those. Send me an email via the Pinball Magazine website and I'll put you on the list.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3-free-pinball-magazine-1-year-anniversary-interviews-with-jjp-crew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.