• Latest reply 6 years ago by JWitty
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2535f1 (resized).jpg
20170722_203039 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EM-PINMAN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

I know with my 1962 Williams King Pin the two playfield rollovers that controlled Spares stayed lit the entire time of the game. Hopefully someone can chime in with your specific game.

However my 1964 Williams Heat Wave two rollover buttons were controlled by the Advance Stepper Unit in the back of the Head which would leave them on in the beginning of the game but shut them off completely when the temperature gauge advanced a certain amount of degrees to make the game harder to advance the temperature as you played. Looking from pictures on the IPDB it looks like yours does turn on and off at certain points in the game. I do not have a schematic but check the Stepper Unit to make sure it is functioning correctly, wires intact, and snowshoes contacting rivets correctly.

Ken

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from JWitty:

I cleaned the stepper unit in the head unit. It was really bad but works great now.

That's great. Now if it is still always on I would next take a look under your playfield. There should be some sort of Alternating Relay close to where your your rollover switches are. (there will most likely be some pop bumper relays too) Take a look at that relay and actuate it manually and see if you have a switch that is closed that should be open when the relay is at rest and not pulled in.

#6 6 years ago

Those could be pop bumper relays, but there may be a switch on them that controls the rollover lights being turned on & off by the ball when it hits the pop bumpers. Check those 3 relays with the machine off and a bright light and actuate them by hand and see if you have a switch that is remaining closed on one of them.

#7 6 years ago

Also there are 4 other owners besides yourself you can contact (PM) on Pinside who own the machine to find out about the gameplay and other questions:

Elsant MikeDee okletsgo pinballdork

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from JWitty:

I'll check them out tomorrow and if I can't find anything I'll ask one of those guys.

Actually now that I have seen the flyer for the game I believe those 3 relays should be the 1-3 "3 Coins" relay. I'm pretty sure at this point if those rollovers do turn on and off there should be a switch that controls this on at least one of these relays, but still just a guess without a schematic.

2535f1 (resized).jpg2535f1 (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from JWitty:

I looked through the relays but all of them seem to functioning correct

At this point I would contact the Pinsiders I listed for you who have the same machine and first ask them if their lights stay on all the time, which if they do you are done as that is what yours is doing. If they are suppose to go on and off then I would ask them the question what toggles the lights on their machine? If it is pop bumpers then maybe there is a switch on the pop relays that is closed. If you don't get a response from anyone then it is time to buy a schematic from Pinball Resource to track down this issue (if there is one) and any others you get in the future. I always have schematics and manuals for all my games as you are just poking in the dark without them when repair issues pop up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EM-PINMAN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3-coins-gameplaytech-question?tu=EM-PINMAN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.