(Topic ID: 306679)

3 Cheers for our Distributors!

By JPloof

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Will be interesting to see further comments on this one, but a big hip hip hurray to all the distributors out there! I’ve see quite a bit of flame for distributors selling pins at the moment over retail, but I think as we are all grumpy about the manufacturing and parts delays we fail to realize that if distributors don’t have product to sell, they don’t make money. Many of their costs continue yet their revenue is greatly affected. If manufacturing delays continue, I strongly believe the network will shrink in 2022 with some not surviving an environment where they can’t make money as they don’t have product to sell.

Lots of good distributors, this is many’s livelihood. So three cheers for our awesome distributors as we head into the holiday season, without you, we won’t have these awesome toys in our game rooms, providing happiness and joy to ourselves and our families.

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from JPloof:

Will be interesting to see further comments on this one, but a big hip hip hurray to all the distributors out there! I’ve seen quite a bit of flame for distributors selling pins at the moment over retail, but I think as we are all grumpy about the manufacturing and parts delays we fail to realize that if distributors don’t have product to sell, they don’t make money. Many of their costs continue yet their revenue is greatly affected. If manufacturing delays continue, I strongly believe the network will shrink in 2022 with some not surviving an environment where they can’t make money as they don’t have product to sell.
    Lots of good distributors, this is many’s livelihood. So three cheers for our awesome distributors as we head into the holiday season, without you, we won’t have these awesome toys in our game rooms, providing happiness and joy to ourselves and our families.

#3 2 years ago

Cheers to Mike at Great American Pinball - great guy and I consider him a friend. Bought 3 pins and plenty of accessories from him in 2021 and Looking forward to doing more business with him in 2022 and beyond.

#4 2 years ago

Trent at Tilt Amusements is the man! I've also heard great things about Zach Meny at FlipnOut and JJ at Game Exchange. Thanks to ALL our distributors for helping to keep our hobby alive and well.

#5 2 years ago

Can't say enough good things about Next Level in Hillsboro, Or. Have bought 13 pins there, hoping to buy many more!

#6 2 years ago

Go ... Nitro ...
    Love Tommy goes way and beyond

#7 2 years ago

Zach at Flipnout is solid, great to deal with. Got a GZ Pro through him last month.

#8 2 years ago

I've bought all my games from Hemispheres - Hemispheres Amusements - and couldn't be happier. Great communication in the buying process and great support after purchase for any issues or questions that may pop up.

#9 2 years ago

Melissa at Cointaker in Sunbury, PA is fantastic!

#10 2 years ago

Yes. 3 cheers for them. Especially the ones that go above and beyond.

Day after day having people trying to shop for the best price then buying elsewhere but contacting the distributor they didn't buy from for help. Wanting a game that isn't available. People wanting to know why the delay thinking yelling and screaming will speed things up.

Having to go to bat when a manufacturers tech support doesn't respond.

The list goes on and on.

If you have a good distributor. I know they are there to make money. But an occasional thank you goes a long way.

Thru tech support I've became friends with many of the distributors. My hats off to them for being the first line of buying, selling, or needing help.

Thank you distributors !

LTG : )

#11 2 years ago

Shout out to Marshall and crew at Little Shop of Games! They rock and get all of my business.

#12 2 years ago

Hats off to Christopher of KingPinGames for always coming through with support and honest sales approach. Same for Zach at Flipnout. Good people Are out there!

#13 2 years ago

Melissa and Chris at Cointaker are top notch !!

#14 2 years ago

JJ at Game Exchange of Colorado is great to deal with. Highly recommend his shop for all your arcade needs. Nice showroom floor if you get the chance to stop by.

#15 2 years ago

They are the “gatekeepers”….of FUN!!!

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

Cheers to Mike at Great American Pinball - great guy and I consider him a friend. Bought 3 pins and plenty of accessories from him in 2021 and Looking forward to doing more business with him in 2022 and beyond.

Yep Mike is top notch!

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:Go ... Nitro ...
    Love Tommy goes way and beyond

Tommy and Suzanne are the best! Go Nitro indeed.

#18 2 years ago

Jason at Classic Game Rooms is AWESOME!

#19 2 years ago

I’ve got nothing but love for the distributors I’ve used over the years. Zach-Flipin’ Out, Chris @ Kingpin, JJ at Game Exchange have all gone over and above for me. We all see the goofballs and high maintenance people in this hobby. I can only imagine the headaches they have to deal with being the conduit between the customers and the manufacturers AND the shipping companies. Cheers guys and thank you!

Edit: Almost forgot Joe at Pinball Star. Cheers Joe!

#20 2 years ago

Mike @ Automated Services has been nothing less then fantastic as well, in addition to a helpful staff that he also employs.

#21 2 years ago

Chris at Kingpin Games is the best! Bought games in 2020 and 2021 from him and have another coming next month.

#22 2 years ago

Great experiences with JJ at Game Exchange and Mike at Great American.

Chris at KingPin and Zach at FlipNOut are also on my short list.

I get a lot of people asking for recommendations more concerned about getting the absolute lowest price than anything else. Penny wise and pound foolish. I don’t need hand holding but I’m glad I have distributors that would go to bat for me if I needed.

#23 2 years ago

Zach Meny at Flip N Out makes a delicious Fruit cake, and Joe at PinballStar gives a wonderful foot rub. Also, both are great to do business with.

#24 2 years ago

Big shout out to Hedi at Game Room Guys.....
    I been using them for several years..
    Top notch service and sales....

#25 2 years ago

Shout out to Will at Old Town Pinball and Jason at Classic Game Rooms. Both have been so great to work with through all this craziness of 2021 shortages. Happy holidays!

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Mike @ Automated Services has been nothing less then fantastic as well, in addition to a helpful staff that he also employs.

Well, you must be special. I am still waiting for Mike at Automated to give me the courtesy of a reply to my numerous requests regarding CCRLE. He put me on list in August, then had a few emails in Nov., and has ghosted me since. I have a whole thread of emails to him with no reply. I guess since I only bought 2 games from him he thinks it’s ok to just ignore me. Fuck him and his company.

#27 2 years ago

Good thread as we(including me) spend too much time questioning them. But I do appreciate Melissa at Cointaker very much. I also appreciate Zach and Nicole at Flip N Out very much for providing all my accessories and hopefully a few arcade games in the coming year.

Both these companies are great and would recommend them to anyone interested. Happy Holidays to them both

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

Melissa at Cointaker in Sunbury, PA is fantastic!

Agree! Melissa and Chris are awesome to deal with! Got a few games from them this year including my TBL that was purchased back in 2014!

Thanks for a great year CoinTaker!

Ed

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from oPinsesame:

Well, you must be special. I am still waiting for Mike at Automated to give me the courtesy of a reply to my numerous requests regarding CCRLE. He put me on list in August, then had a few emails in Nov., and has ghosted me since. I have a whole thread of emails to him with no reply. I guess since I only bought 2 games from him he thinks it’s ok to just ignore me. Fuck him and his company.

I think his daughters started to take over. He didn't reply to me and said they were working from home. Well I don't think they communicate with each other much less the customer. One of them tried charging me shipping 4 months after I received my EHOH and a completely different invoice. Just incopopatant! And never even got an apology.

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from MacGruber:

I think his daughters started to take over. He didn't reply to me and said they were working from home. Well I don't think they communicate with each other much less the customer. One of them tried charging me shipping 4 months after I received my EHOH and a completely different invoice. Just incopopatant! And never even got an apology.

incopopatant? lol

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

incopopatant? lol

Hey what can I say nothing smart about a smart phone, dam autocorrect

#32 2 years ago

Another one for Tommy and Suzanne at nitro. Taken care of me very well for many years.

#33 2 years ago

Merry Christmas to ZMeny and family at flipnout. Amazing service back in the spring to get me my first game and hands on (through photo) help with a small issue I had. Made it easy to find a first pick when dealing with future purchases. Also, thank you for your podcast as it is amazing, especially with Dennis.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from oPinsesame:

In the spirit of the Holiday Season I thought this was a dealer appreciation thread not a bashing thread. Not everyone is going to have a perfect interaction with every distro, there were distro's mentioned here that I personally wouldn't give a nickle too or let alone piss in their parking lot. However when there is a kudos thread going and if you have a distro to mention something good about do that but when you have nothing good to say, saying nothing is best as this isn't the thread for it.

Merry Christmas!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3-cheers-for-our-distributors?hl=gorditas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.