You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

version3.jpg
Version 2.jpg
DSC00066.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I don't want to be chastised by the purity police, but I confess that I made a change from factory specs. Now, before I am forever labeled a heretic, and never invited again to Vic's house, I will sleep peacefully at night knowing that the work is reversible and except for two new screw holes on the inside of the cabinet, no harm done.

So, recently I had a few of my pinball friends over and one, who is a long time collector, pointed out how the sounds of my Bank A Ball and CrossTown (3 bells) are different than the Slick Chick, that has only 2 bells. Something I never quite realized is that the same bell rings on the 10s and the 100s. It was discussed that, for whatever reason, the SC, among other machines of that time frame, didn't have the big 5.5" bell in it.

Well, we agreed that there is something special about that big gonging sound and maverick that I am, I wanted to try and make my Slick Chick even more fun.

Granted, I am not an electrical whiz and mechanically, I usually have difficulty operating the Windex spray, but this mod took 20 minutes. Got a big bell from my friend's part collection, easily mounted on the inside of the cabinet. Add some loomed wire, easy solder to the 100s switch and voila, another welcomed sound to the bell choir.

Next week, on Pimp my Wedgie, I'll show you how to add a Wolf whistle and a sparkling cat eye turn signal indicator to your back box...

Joel

DSC00066.jpgDSC00066.jpg Version 2.jpgVersion 2.jpg version3.jpgversion3.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Hell I like it because when I got SC last year and plugged it in for that first game I was like "WTF?" because I waiting for a big 100 bell sound myself.

#3 9 years ago

Nice mod oldcarz. I think it's cool as the 5½" bell should've been installed at the factory.
But... I can't wait to see your wolf whistle mod next week on your pimped wedgie.

#4 9 years ago

the heathen approves whole heartedly...

#5 9 years ago

Hey oldcarz.............

I did the exact same mod to my Slick Chick and North Star years ago. I even added a molex connector to both and wire-tied them to their harnesses so I could remove the heads for rotating. I think it adds quite a bit to the game. I guess Gtb. did what they could to reduce costs.

I notice your collection includes a Cross Town........ You might like the following mod for it:

I never liked how Gtb. lit the top 2 rollover guides for special upon completing 1-4. I like having the rollover guides lit all the time like the others. So......next to the general illumination bulb whose socket appears through that large hole under each plastic above, I added another socket with a bulb, and ran the special wire to it. Since most special lites are red, I added red bulb sleeves to them. Now, instead of the rollover guides liting, they're lit all the time, and the new added bulbs under the plastics above lite for special. They're easily seen, and totally removable without any permanent markings to the field. I guess this makes me a real, "Wedgie-pimper!"

#6 9 years ago

Good suggestion for the Crosstown and glad to learn that there are tweaks and simple mods that we can make that will make the games more fun.

J

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Staunton, VA
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shaker Heights, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3-bell-mod-for-slick-chick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.