Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by slochar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a (resized).jpg
    b (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Has anyone gotten 3 Bally 4 Player EMS in a Honda Odyssey? I need to pick up three games tomorrow and do not have a trailer. It is a 3 hour drive each way. My friend has delivered 3 EMs in a Chrysler/Dodge Van. I believe a 2012 make. I would think my Honda interior is similar in size. Anyone done this before?

#2 4 years ago

No one has any insight into this?

#3 4 years ago

Pinwiki says one or 2 depending on the year and types of machines going into it. Probably the only way you'd have a chance is if you can stack them sideways but then the heads will be an issue.

Get that measuring tape out and start calculating..... I definitely crossed my fingers on buying a vehicle as I wanted to make sure at least 2 would fit, and I didn't want to buy the grand caravan.

Can the seats be entirely removed making the cargo floor lower? I think it's going to be a tough fit no matter what.

#4 4 years ago

I will be doing a bunch of measuring tonight. If they do not fit I will rent a truck and go that route.

#5 4 years ago

The thing that always screws you is the wheel wells intruding into the space - even on a pickup truck. But at least you can go vertical and tarp it up (do it even if it's not supposed to rain) - nylon tie straps are a must, too. If you have the option at the rental get the cargo van so you don't have to worry about weather.

#6 4 years ago

I brought home 3 pinball machines from Allentown in a 2013 Honda Odyssey. I slid in a 2003 Stern LOTR in through the trunk after removing all the seats and put it sideways by the front. I then put a disassembled 1986 Williams Pinbot on it's side and slid it in lengthways on it's side. I fit an assembled 1986 Williams Pinbot in through the trunk to make it 3 machines.

1 word of warning. Under no circumstances should you attempt to load/unload a pinball machine through the sliding doors. It looks like they will fit, but they won't and the attempt will likely cause an expensive repair bill for the power assist doors.

Before you leave on your trip, I would recommend cutting two, 4 foot" PVC pipes to use as rollers to get your machines into the back of the van without getting the machines damaged by the seat hooks.

I do not know for sure that you could get 3 in assembled, but I am confident you could if you took the head off of atleast one of them.

Good Luck!

a (resized).jpga (resized).jpgb (resized).jpgb (resized).jpg
    #7 4 years ago

Nice to see there are other crazy people out there!!

OP said it's 3 bally EM's so sounds like heads will be off. Looks like you even had the front seat open for extra person/etc.

#8 4 years ago

Yes seeing this makes me believe I can get all three EMs in. The cabinets should be similar to the pinbots and the heads will be off. Of course laying the heads flat scares me so I will take some blankets and may remove the back glasses and transport vertically elsewhere. I will send photos and update the vehicle database on pinwiki when I succeed.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinball419:

Yes seeing this makes me believe I can get all three EMs in. The cabinets should be similar to the pinbots and the heads will be off. Of course laying the heads flat scares me so I will take some blankets and may remove the back glasses and transport vertically elsewhere. I will send photos and update the vehicle database on pinwiki when I succeed.

Please update the following thread as well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in

#10 4 years ago

I was able to fit 2 large System 9 games in the back of my 2006 odyssey with the center row of seats removed. There was room to spare.

I definitely think it’s possible to fit 3 EMs in there with some creative tetrising.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinball419:

The safest place for the backglasses is in the heads. If you strap them to facing each other or to the side of the machine the backglasses are very well protected. Loose in some other place, not so much. Laying flat on top of the machines with the glasses up is likely safe as well.

The cabinets should be both shorter and not as deep than the pinbots so that should help. Please put photos here of the results!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3-bally-4-players-in-1-2016-odyssey?hl=pinball419 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.