Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor.gif
    North Star (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphod:

EM guy.
    Three balls with DC flippers/pops. Can I get an Amen for the Church of Rectification!
    Five balls on all the others.

Couple of years ago I got to play a Bally Skyrocket at TPF. It was pretty but "slow".

I recently got to play a Bally Sky Rocket that had been changed to DC flippers. That was nice. You could actually get the ball back to the top of the play field. Instead of unconsciously throwing my body weight around in a struggle to get the ball to move, I could just stand there and press the flipper button and properly nudge when needed.

The work of wiring in a bridge rectifier was so incredibly simple. I need to go back and get a picture of that setup.

So, here is your Amen for the Church of Rectification.

#61 3 years ago

I got my first pin in 2015. I set it to five ball play. I needed every one of those balls to get all of the correct lights lit up. Eventually, my playing got better and I went to 3 ball play.

I don't mind pushing the credit button after 3 balls. Especially since I am saving quarters by spending hundreds/thousands on my own pins.

The other day, I snagged a killer ball and lit everything up on Ball #1.

2 weeks later
    #68 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Besides, I think games are better when they don’t last forever

Great for the home environment. But when I dropped my dime, and then quarter, in the 60s, 30 seconds was an extended play session most of the time. If you got a killer ball, you might get 60 seconds . The move to 3-ball play sucked big time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3-ball-vs-5-ball-preference-and-history-banter?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.