Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by schudel5
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“3 or 5 Balls”

• 3 Balls 74 votes
      63%
    • 5 Balls 23 votes
      20%
    • Both 20 votes
      17%
    • More then 5 Balls 0 votes

(117 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

axlfat-676.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mato.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Just wondering what peoples opinions are about playing a 3 ball game vs a 5 ball game...........I see a lot of people play 3 balls and wonder why?

Added a poll to see what everyone is playing.

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Three requires more skill/luck to get a high score. Keeps overall play time/wear lower.
    Plus if you're like me playing the same machine with your wife the bickering time about how much better you are doing or that you should just let the ball drain to make things 'fair' is much shorter.

Ha ha it would be nice to have a setting where you can play 3 balls while she plays 5 in the same game.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

5 for EM, 3 for everything else.

what's the difference between em's and everything else.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from GarlandJenkins:

I think there should be 2 lists of high scores when it comes to 3 and 5 ball.

great idea.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from rexman10:

Depends on the game. I play Star Trek on 5 ball to get further in the game and even so my games are short. I played SM with three but set it to get extra balls based on score. I would tinker with the settings to keep the game time from getting too long. When I start to get bored with a game, I will change the setting to mix it up and change strategy.

Yeah its interesting to hear everyone's thoughts.

When people play in tournaments is it 3 or 5 ball?

#45 9 years ago

I'm going to try 3 ball out on my Metallica and see how I go, I have my woz set to 5 at the moment.......

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mato.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3-ball-vs-5-ball-1?tu=Mato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.