Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by schudel5
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“3 or 5 Balls”

• 3 Balls 73 votes
      63%
    • 5 Balls 23 votes
      20%
    • Both 20 votes
      17%
    • More then 5 Balls 0 votes

(116 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

axlfat-676.jpg
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago

3 ball

5 is for cheaters and lousy players.

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

My Firepower is set to 5 ball because there are so many times when I don't even get to flip once, I like the extra chances.

I do the same thing on my Firepower. It can be such a quick game sometimes with 3.

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

EMs are only 3 ball and 5 ball. The rules change when you move the jumper from 3 ball to 5 ball.
    On early SS games it's pretty much 3 ball and 5 ball but the rules stay the same. On later SS and DMD games you can select 1 to 10 balls and again the rules don't change.
    For me 5 on EMs and 3 on everything else.

On many of the SS and DMD games the rules do change between 3 ball and 5 ball.
    You get letters spotted etc to make 3 ball a little easier to achieve the things you can in 5 ball.

Tom

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

On many of the SS and DMD games the rules do change between 3 ball and 5 ball.
    You get letters spotted etc to make 3 ball a little easier to achieve the things you can in 5 ball.

I can't think of any that do. If there are some, it's the exception and not the rule. Try it on your TAF. Change it from 3 balls to 5 or 7 or even 9. Thing lit lamps are the same, number of GREED hits are the same, etc. You can change the game from 1 to 10 balls so I'm not sure how they'd program different variations on the rules.

EMs it's blatantly obvious. On 5 ball some targets don't advance bonus, lower scoring for certain shots and no end of ball 2x bonus on the last ball.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3-ball-vs-5-ball-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.