image-391.jpg
image-365.jpg
image-773.jpg
image-779.jpg
image-466.jpg
image-202.jpg
image-867.jpg
image-424.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GizzArd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Soo happy to win my bid at morphys auction for 600 bucks my new williams blast off. Thing that kinda blew was the 150 dollar fee in taxes and service fees. So it was 750 total.. I'm still happy cause I really wanted this machine. I'm happy to live close and to check out the machines before bidding. The blast off backglass isn't a perfect 10 and the play cards aren't a ten either. Playfield is amazingly beautiful. And the cab is average for its age.. I still feel I got a pretty good deal. Lol watch I go to Allentown and find one for 500

image-424.jpgimage-424.jpg image-867.jpgimage-867.jpg image-202.jpgimage-202.jpg image-466.jpgimage-466.jpg
#3 9 years ago

Thanks man I appreciate it. Yeah would kill for that space ship. It was amazing! It sold for 1700 I'm quite sure. I bid on it and the it jumped to a crazy price so I quit.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks very nice, never seen one before. What does the bg do?

Well it has a bagatelle. So the object of the game is to launch the rocket in the backglass. The rocket is actually the ball shooting into the bagatelle which gives points or a special. You launch it by hitting the right stand up targets or rollovers doing a countdown. It's really a neat game design.

Quoted from Darcy:

It is nice to have an animated backglass EM in a collection.

I never had a animated backglass. It adds fun to the game for sure. I also like the fact that you can't control it and it really adds to the game.

#13 9 years ago

It was interesting. It seemed that all the wood rails sold inbetween 4-500, safe cracker sold for 750: everything sold fleas than what they were worth but once you figure in all the taxes. People seemed to pay what the machine was worth. I know I didn't get a great deal but shit I loooooove the machine. I feel like selling off my ss machines and just going all EM.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from cjmiller:

How accurate were the descriptions? It was hard to tell from the photos, but some of the backglasses and playfields described as "almost perfect" or a "10" in the description seemed like maybe that was a little optimistic.

My description was pretty off compared to what it was. I live twenty mins away from the auction place so I was able to see what I was getting into. The said the score cards were a 10. And the backglass was perfect. I think they forgot to notice that mike scratched his name into the side of the cab as well. If I didn't see the machine before I bought it I would be pissed. Def misleading .

image-365.jpgimage-365.jpg image-779.jpgimage-779.jpg image-391.jpgimage-391.jpg image-773.jpgimage-773.jpg
#19 9 years ago

Lol ha ha ha nooo oh man. The first pic is from I pic I saved off the internet. It was in my blast off folder with my other pics. If you look at the lower pics near the scre reel you will see the missing areas where it flaked off. Yeah it's def original.yeah the font is also different on my lower pics than the upper. If you wanna sell your original backglass let me know.

Quoted from stashyboy:How sure are you that is an original Blast Off glass? I realize there is some lifting there in the corners and maybe even a little fade.......thickness? (hard to tell with the plastic/chrome channels) The lettering in the bagatelle awards (50, 300, special) is slightly offset to the right, as my Webb repro is also. The font is a bit different than an original too. (I have an original on my wall). Very nice game, either way....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GizzArd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3-2-1-blast-off?tu=GizzArd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.