11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by SpiffyRob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I got to spend about 45 minutes at the 2Up in Denver today. There were about a dozen very nice DMD pins there, mostly modern Sterns like X-men and AC/DC, but I was delighted to see a Circus Voltaire and an Attack from Mars. Nothing really vintage, which is somewhat ironic as most of the place is taken up with 1980s video games like Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga.

The pins I played were flawless. I spent most of my time between CV and AFM, and both were smooth as silk (although the AFM needs to be leveled as it was nearly impossible to cradle the ball with the left flipper).

Environment-wise it's a bar with no food, so definitely not a family place (it's right next to an adult book store!). We were there in the late afternoon and there weren't very many people there, but those that were there seemed to be having fun. There was a very capable-looking bouncer at the front door checking IDs.

I had a blast playing such well cared for machines and will definitely return. I also want to check out their sister place, the 1Up, at some point in the near future.

#2 11 years ago

The 1UP is great. I travel to Denver a lot. I try to get over there every couple weeks and play for a few hours. Lots of great pins, a huge row of vids (never play) and a bar w/food.

I was there two weeks ago: FG, SWEP1, SC, FT w/shaker, AC/DC, Tron, XM Wolverine, IJ4, MM Color DMD, Avatar, TAF color DMD, Avengers Hulk, Sopranos, TSPP, MM. I think Transformers is still there. Hard to remember.

I will probably go tomorrow night.

faz

#3 11 years ago

I've never tried the 2up yet, but am familiar with the 1up. Much like pinball_faz's experience, I play all of the well maintained pinballs & avoid the videos. A really cool place (that remind's me a bit of 'Cheers' as it is downstairs in a city environment) that also has great burgers!

#4 11 years ago

super fun place for video game and pinballers! the philly at the 1 up is good stuff. Denver is lucky to have both of them. the lineup at the 1 up is better imo that the 2up. obviously more machines as well.

#5 11 years ago

Well, I went to 1up tonight for about 2 hours. Great fun. I forgot CFBL is there too.

That Hulk Avengers has most of my money. That's a great game!

But I spent the most time on FG; two replays and a special.
    HS was 95M...it helps when you know the rules

faz

#6 11 years ago

the 2up is brand new and Jon is still working on the lineup (actually, they seem to change wuite a bit at the 1up as well). Both amazing places. I have friends ask me almost weekly if i have seen it (they know I am a pinball guy and assume they discovered it )

#7 11 years ago

Long live Colorado pinball! Jon is a good guy and those are cool places to play. Pinball Jones up here in Fort Collins has quite a nice collection of games to play as well.

#8 11 years ago

Thanks for review and all the positive comments.

Yeah we continue to change the line-up as games start to drop in plays.
    This week ill be removing the Spiderman from the 2up and replacing it with a Simpsons Pinball Party. And in the next few weeks we will have a Twilight Zone and Monster Bash ready.

Jon

#9 11 years ago

I was in Denver for a business trip last fall, and didn't discover the 1up/2up until my last night. What a fool! As such, I only was able to make it to the 1up, but you better believe I stayed until they powered down the machines (including powering down everything except for the TAF I was in the middle of a 300M game on. Such nice guys!)

One of the best public pinball rooms I've seen since the glory days. Really hoping I can make it back again.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2up-trip-report and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.