2nd run Tron issues anyone?

By Fishbeadtwo

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Just got a 2nd run Tron Legacy and it failed at the 24 hour mark in route use @ the SPM. Left flipper coil smoked. Anyone else have this issue yet?

thanks,
Charlie

#2 11 years ago

I had one of the disc optos go out on me the first day. It was a simple fix though (and Stern sent me some replacements as well). Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Was it the actual coil, the fuse or something else? I had a bad transistor on my TF-LE which would cause the left flipper to lock on and blow the fuse.

#3 11 years ago

Bogus!

That's a nice fish tales score benaar

Post edited by Kneissl

#4 11 years ago

coil is smoked. unknown cause but guessing a board failure......

#5 11 years ago

Im going with transistor...
Keep us updated!

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

That's a nice Fish Tales score benaar

Thanks! Still aiming to break the billion point mark. Watched a friend put up over 3 billion on a Fish Tales at a tournament last month! That's a good FT score!

#7 11 years ago

The only problem I have is that I do not have one. Wish I was in a position to get one, my son loves it.

#8 11 years ago

Probably the transistor.. were you cradling the ball when it happened? I had a friend who did the same thing and blew the transistor, and the exact same thing happened recently on my Xmen LE (both after cradling the ball for too long).

I'd recommend everyone change out the 3A SB fuse for a 2.5 or 2A on this flipper.

#9 11 years ago

you can't cradle a ball now.. wtf

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

you can't cradle a ball now.. wtf

Not for 10-15 minutes while you're on the phone, no....

#11 11 years ago

Stern is sending a new coil. We shall see if it too fries due to board issues or not. stay tuned......

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Stern is sending a new coil. We shall see if it too fries due to board issues or not. stay tuned......

Check the drive transistor before you fry the new coil. Do you have a meter?

#13 11 years ago

I can't see past the horrible theme on this pin. Fun game but couldn't own it.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

I am amazed they sent you only a new coil. Did they at leasst give you a heads up of what to do after installing it (e.g. don`t walk away after turning the game on ) ?

I have personally never heard of a coil going bad by itself. I am sure it has happened, but they seem to go and take out other things, or other things fail and take out the coil.

#15 11 years ago

Not the coil, in my opinion. Sounds more like the transistor.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Not the coil, in my opinion. Sounds more like the transistor.

Definitely.. but mine is stuck open, so the coil is always engaged. That would definitely ruin the coil as well if left too long!

#17 11 years ago

they told me I had to go through the distributor to get a replacement board.....Still waiting for the coil btw.....

#18 11 years ago

If the coil burnt that means the drive transistor is also likely smoked, maybe even a pre-driver if it has one, agree you will want to test them before you put the new coil in to be safe..the diode on the coil could have been the problem, but if left on engaged would have stressed all the components.

#19 11 years ago

Still waiting on the coil they say was shipped next day delievery on the 5th.........for those without a calender, today is the 11th.

#20 11 years ago

Which distributor are you dealing with ??

#21 11 years ago

Stern customer service.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2nd-run-tron-issues-anyone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.