Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by timtim
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I currently own a TSPP and I’m looking to add a second pin to my collection. What would be a good game that would offer me something different in terms of gameplay?

#2 6 years ago

TWD is a great contrast to TSPP

#3 6 years ago

Metallica. Quick fun shooting non mode based game so it’s a nice contrast.

#4 6 years ago

Infinite possibilities... it’s true.

You need to find a location with some games and start playing. Find one that speaks to you and run with it.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Metallica. Quick fun shooting non mode based game so it’s a nice contrast.

I’m a big fan of Metallica for all the reasons you suggested.

#6 6 years ago

Simpsons can be a long game, so you should get something fast and brutal to compliment it. Metallica is a good one for sure. I recently played a TWD Premium and had a super good time with it as well. Have you played Iron Man?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Simpsons can be a long game, so you should get something fast and brutal to compliment it. Metallica is a good one for sure. I recently played a TWD Premium and had a super good time with it as well. Have you played Iron Man?

I have not played IM. I might have to find one to try.

#8 6 years ago

Dialed in. Its a fast pin that’s a lot of fun. It also has a lot of the newest features on pins like 3 lcd screens. Everyone that plays walks away smiling

#9 6 years ago

Something fast. Ironman/Avatar

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Dialed in. Its a fast pin that’s a lot of fun. It also has a lot of the newest features on pins like 3 lcd screens. Everyone that plays walks away smiling

DI is definitely a fun game, and a good replacement for TSPP, but not a good complement to it.

I'd say some solid state classics would be a good complement in that they have shorter ball times and are very easy to learn.

Iron Man is a very fun very fast game with a straightforward, simple ruleset and would probably pair very well if you're looking for something newer.

TNA would work very well if you want a NIB game.

#12 6 years ago

I had a WPT paired with TSPP as my only two pins for five years. They went well together.

#14 6 years ago

I paired my TSPP with AC/DC! Games can be fast but code is still deep so keeps you interested which is important in a small collection.

#15 6 years ago

AFM or AFMr. Super fast and fun. It would pair nicely with TSPP.

#16 6 years ago

IM is the polar opposite of TSPP, so they'd pair nicely, but perhaps MET would be more general 'fun' to play for everyone.

#18 6 years ago

WOZ, DILE, MET, and (soon) TNA have all worked for me, paired with my TSPP!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#19 6 years ago

First, TSPP right now is "my last game to go" in my collection. If you have not already, get a color DMD for TSPP. Really makes a difference.

I agree on a speed game.

Sterns
IM
Tron
Met
Star Wars
Aerosmith

W/B
Funhouse
Whirlwind
Earthshaker
Taxi
Diner
I500

#20 6 years ago

Get a few classics instead. Get a Flash Gordon, Paragon, Skateball, and Stars for the price of a newer Stern and thank me later. Or if they really aren't your thing I agree with Iron Man or TNA as something different. My favorite Stern is Star Trek and might be a good choice also. If you want something fast with amazing flow and fun modes, look no further. In my opinion, it just might have the best flow of all pins period!

#21 6 years ago

I have a Ghostbusters Prem and a TSPP and like the combination. GB is an ass-kicker for sure. The game is polarizing, but I think it is really fun when dialed in properly. Unfortunately, that is usually not the case on location. There will be at least one more code update, so hopefully it will keep getting better.

#22 6 years ago

Look for a game with a simpler rule set and more flow. I made the mistake of pairing a LOTR with my Hobbit. Rules were done by the same programmer and hence, they have a very similar feel, besides the theme (but they do look nice next to each other). I soon found that I didn't want to go from playing one to the other. Instead, I looked for a game with a different feel. So, my advice is go for a different designer and programmer. Don't be put off by simple rules. I just restored a 1976 Close Encounters that I am donating and I'll miss that game. It's fun to just go for a high score nailing drop targets and ripping a spinner instead of trying to progress towards an elusive Wizard mode.

#24 6 years ago

Data East Simpsons.

#25 6 years ago

I have my TSPP paired with LOTR. The game play of the two is very different, but they are both fantastic immersive games that represent the theme well.

I realize both can be longer games, but you can adjust the rules in LOTR to make it a bit harder without being too punishing. I changed TTT multiball so you have to light each lock and that makes it more challenging. As well, I reduced the extra balls.

#26 6 years ago

I would say a more fast/flowy game. Can't go wrong with a Steve Richie game in that category. Take your pick.

#27 6 years ago
#28 6 years ago

Please consider Stern Star Trek. All of a sudden people seem to forget how fast, flowy, awesome, and beautiful this game truly is over the latest and greatest thing.

#29 6 years ago

No doubt! It's a total joy to shoot.

#30 6 years ago

Data East Simpson’s! How is that not on the list

#31 6 years ago

Stern Star Trek would be a great neighbor for your TSPP.

#32 6 years ago

The only reason I'd recommend against Star Trek is that it, like Simpsons, can be a pretty long game. Something faster and more difficult would be good for those times when you don't have a ton of time for a marathon game. If that's not a concern, then Trek's a great choice.

#33 6 years ago

I have a Tspp paired with a Met and AC/DC. Both are very different to a Tspp and go very well with it

#34 6 years ago

I own tspp. Imo you'll need something fast and furious to compliment it. As mentioned above I also recommend....
Met
Twd
Im

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Data East Simpson’s! How is that not on the list

On the list... six posts above yours.

Quoted from o-din:

Data East Simpsons.

#37 6 years ago

Just cause someone has to say it

Bsd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2nd-pin-to-pair-with-tspp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.