Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Shogun00
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hi all , firstly I love this site. I purchased a rollergame pinnie and has had a few issues.
But thanks to this site and you guys I’ve fixed two issues with success.
But my last problem which has started only after fixing the other isssues is the Pit plunger isn’t registering the ball when it goes in. It eventually pops ball up but while playing the games it now keeps telling me to freeze ball and flip don’t flip when the ball is in motion.
Also the plunger keeps activating when the ball isn’t in the pit.
Does that makes sense ??
Any info would be great.
Thanks Greg

#2 2 years ago

Hello fellow Rollergames owner.

First, I recommend performing a switch edge test in the operator's menu. Also, check the active switches section.

It sounds like switch #16 (the pit/ball popper) is stucked closed and switch #54 (lock #2) isn't staying closed when ball 2 is in the lock.

It could be something as simple as just needing to adjust the leafs on the microswitches. Performing a switch test will give you a better idea on how those two switches are behaving.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Greg_B:

but while playing the games it now keeps telling me to freeze ball and flip don’t flip when the ball is in motion.

Weird stuff like this can often be related to a bad diode on a switch.

Did any of your previous work involve soldering any switches?

#4 2 years ago

Hi all not sure if this is adjustment issue but my roller games machine after I lock 2nd ball it doesn’t register if I lose a ball and it then will pop up randomly that I’ve locked the 2nd ball.
Which means I can’t get multi ball going etc etc and basically can’t finish a game.
Any thought

#5 2 years ago

Thanks mate I’ll do some checks tomorrow.
New issue is when it locks the 2nd ball it won’t pop up 3rd ball
Into the chute to play.
I wasn’t a fan of this game when I got it but have gotten to
Love it. That 90’s music especially when on a high score gets me rocking

#6 2 years ago

Use the switch tests, just as Shogun00 states. That is the whole reason they are in the diagnostic menu. Can't narrow the problem without knowing results from switch test. Best to test out all switches in the switch Edge test and make note of all the switches behaving wrong.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Greg_B:

New issue is when it locks the 2nd ball it won’t pop up 3rd ball

If switch #54 (ball lock #2) doesn't close, then ball 3 won't pop out from the ball through.

Like I said in my previous post, it sounds like switch #54 isn't staying closed. Most likely the leaf that clicks the microswitch needs to be adjusted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2nd-ball-locked-keeps-coming-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.