(Topic ID: 79454)

2nd Annual Pinball BBQ - Sunday May 25th (Minnesota)

By MnHotRod

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by tmac
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6256.JPG
    IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0260.JPG
    IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0251.JPG
    IMG_0225.JPG
    IMG_0242.JPG
    IMG_0197.JPG
    IMG_0182.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #153 9 years ago

Leaving real soon. I got a cooler anything else??

#154 9 years ago

I got a great score on CSI. 1 hour later and the score's already scrolled off.

#155 9 years ago

A big thank you to MNHOTROD for putting on a great event. Thanks to all of the sponsors for their contributions. Lots of great people, lots of great games. Thank you to all who brought games to share. I enjoyed seeing many familiar faces, and was great to meet many more.

#156 9 years ago

It was awesome. Loved meeting so many new people.

Thank you Mnhotrod!

#157 9 years ago

Great times had by all, thanks to all who made the event possible!

#158 9 years ago

pictures or it did not happen

#159 9 years ago

It was fantastic !
    Thank you - MNHOTROD
    Thank you - Matt

#160 9 years ago

Thanks everyone for the good time! Great food, great friends, and great pinball!

#161 9 years ago

Well folks Steve pulled off the 2nd Annual MN Pinball BBQ with great success. I could tell he put a lot of effort into the event and it clearly showed. Thank you for opening up your beautiful home, thank you to all the people who brought games (I brought Space Station), thank you to all the great people who attended and last but by no means least a BIG thank you to all the sponsors for an unbelievable aray of great raffle prizes of which I won several. I don't know how Steve could top this years BBQ but knowing him I'm sure he'll find a way. Soooo looking forward to next years event.

364 days and counting.

#162 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Oh there are pictures (I am sure they will get posted) and I smuggled something across the State Line pinball related. Didn't think I make it across the State Line with it. No seriously I thought there be a check-point to stop me as I crossed over back to "Sconnie"

#163 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Here are some..

IMG_0082.JPGIMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0148.JPGIMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0162.JPGIMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0200.JPGIMG_0200.JPG

IMG_0197.JPGIMG_0197.JPG

#164 9 years ago
    Quoted from tmac:

Oh there are pictures (I am sure they will get posted) and I smuggled something across the State Line pinball related. Didn't think I make it across the State Line with it. No seriously I thought there be a check-point to stop me as I crossed over back to "Sconnie"

As soon as I find out what it is I'm gonna drive over a get it.

#165 9 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

Here are some..

IMG_0082.JPG 216 KB

IMG_0148.JPG 179 KB

IMG_0162.JPG 241 KB

IMG_0200.JPG 193 KB

IMG_0227.JPG 159 KB

IMG_0197.JPG 195 KB

Great pictures. More please. That one of Steve is GREAT. Looks like he had one to many but I know he doesn't drink.

#166 9 years ago

Ha! I appear to be utterly perplexed by Nitro Ground Shaker.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #168 9 years ago

Can someone tilt-warn the above post? I can't seem to tilt-warn myself, which is odd since it was the original intended purpose.

#169 9 years ago

The 2nd Annual Pinball BBQ is in the record books: 54 guests, 22 pins and plenty of food and laughter.

We would like to thank our sponsors, please support their generosity by buying their product, playing their games on location and spreading the good word on the service they provide.

We would like to thank new friends and old for contributing hours of work transporting games, running the tournament and donating their time to help. Oh yeah, and my mom for handling food duties.

And last, we would like to thank all for supporting the event by purchasing t-shirts and raffle tickets. Since our event falls on Memorial Weekend, we are donating all proceeds of $602 to veterans at the non-profit, Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society or http://nmcrs.org.

We plan to post pics from the event soon. Until then, take a look at the motley crew below. Thanks again everyone, we had a good time and have already started planning for 2015.

IMG_6251.JPGIMG_6251.JPG

#170 9 years ago

love that the kid up front with a bird on his shirt is staring off to the side (likely looking at a bird).

nice to see lots of smiling faces!

#171 9 years ago
    Quoted from big_ragu:

Ha! I appear to be utterly perplexed by Nitro Ground Shaker.

#172 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

As soon as I find out what it is I'm gonna drive over a get it

You have enough "Booty" from the day! You have a horseshoe of something!!!

#173 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

love that the kid up front with a bird on his shirt is staring off to the side (likely looking at a bird).

I think the kid is wondering why the heck the Wisconsin guy gets to be in front. Great pic!

Quoted from MnHotRod:

54 guests, 22 pins

Nice turn out! I'm off next memorial day weekend. Maybe I can ride with Todd and snag some more of that swag to bring back! Congrats on what looks like a great event!

#174 9 years ago

I thought that nitro ground shaker was awesome, so loud!

#175 9 years ago
    Quoted from tmac:

You have enough "Booty" from the day! You have a horseshoe of something!!!

did someone say Booty ...as in BOOTY!!!

#176 9 years ago
    Quoted from janus:

I thought that nitro ground shaker was awesome, so loud!

I was surprised by the sound. It sounds like any Atari 2600 game from that era. Thought was going to be some simple bleeps & bloops.

#177 9 years ago

Very cool. Thanks to everyone involved for doing something like this.

What was the record number of pounds of barbecue eaten?

#178 9 years ago

At the end of the night there was a lot left.

#179 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

I think the kid is wondering why the heck the Wisconsin guy gets to be in front. Great pic!

I was up front because that is were they put the trouble makers. Ken you should bring the whole Fam Damily, Twin Cities area is fun, a lot to do.

#180 9 years ago

Wow. Congrats on what seems to have been a great time. The amount of work that must have been required to pull this off boggles my mind. A big thumbs up to everyone who participated!

#181 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

This is my child, when I asked he said he was "looking at something". It does kinda look like hes creeped out by tmac (which I totally understand).

Bonus points to anyone who can figure out what my kids shirt means,

#182 9 years ago

We had more people than last year but went thru the same amount of pork. I think that was because more people brought food this year so there was more to eat. We had 32 people attend last year and 54 people this year. We went through a little more than 2-1/2 pork butts at 7-1/2 pounds each so 18 to 20 pounds of pork.

We had 68 people on the guest list this year so we expected to be short on pork. We learn a little each year and tweak the event a bit. We know our max capacity for people and games now so I hope to be better at managing registration for 2015.

Quoted from guyincognito:

Very cool. Thanks to everyone involved for doing something like this.
    What was the record number of pounds of barbecue eaten?

#184 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBulbs:

Looked to be an awesome event!

You bet it was and your name was thrown around a lot. Thanks for being a sponsor again.

#185 9 years ago

Pics or it didn't happen.

Pinball BBQ 2014 (190 Photos):
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/mnhotrods/sets/72157644467771627/

IMG_0245.jpgIMG_0245.jpgIMG_0262.jpgIMG_0262.jpgIMG_0255.jpgIMG_0255.jpgIMG_0260.JPGIMG_0260.JPGIMG_0253.jpgIMG_0253.jpgIMG_0252.jpgIMG_0252.jpgIMG_0251.JPGIMG_0251.JPGIMG_0225.JPGIMG_0225.JPGIMG_0242.JPGIMG_0242.JPGIMG_0197.JPGIMG_0197.JPGIMG_0182.JPGIMG_0182.JPGIMG_0188.JPGIMG_0188.JPGIMG_0192.JPGIMG_0192.JPGIMG_0180.JPGIMG_0180.JPGIMG_0149.JPGIMG_0149.JPGIMG_0133.JPGIMG_0133.JPGIMG_0108.JPGIMG_0108.JPGIMG_0126.JPGIMG_0126.JPGIMG_0122.JPGIMG_0122.JPGIMG_0107.JPGIMG_0107.JPGIMG_0068.JPGIMG_0068.JPGIMG_0069.JPGIMG_0069.JPGIMG_0074.JPGIMG_0074.JPG

#186 9 years ago

Great pics! Thanks for uploading them, Steve; Thank you Nissa for taking them; and thanks Ryan for your great lightweight camera!

#189 9 years ago

Party looked amazing. Very nice! Congrats on putting together such a nice event. -Jonathan

#190 9 years ago

That was a fun day, thanks for the pictures!

#191 9 years ago

Thank you for buying a t-shirt Centerflank. We are now donating $622 to veterans charity.

We have two more t-shirts available from the BBQ for anyone that would like one. One XL and one L.

IMG_6256.JPGIMG_6256.JPG

#192 9 years ago

Great pics. Great house. Great pins. Thanks for sharing!

#193 9 years ago
    Quoted from MnHotRod:

IMG_6251.JPG 299 KB

That's one Mötley looking crew.

Looks like another amazing event.

Chris

#194 9 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

I was surprised by the sound. It sounds like any Atari 2600 game from that era. Thought was going to be some simple bleeps & bloops.

DAMN that's the one game I forgot to play that I really wanted to try.

#195 9 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

DAMN that's the one game I forgot to play that I really wanted to try.

It was fun, fast game for that era. Sounds were pretty nice...

#196 9 years ago
    Quoted from tmac:

I was chasing you...You , you...Cheesehead

Awesome times, awesome people

#197 9 years ago
    Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

I was chasing you

I knew it!!! Thank God I didn't get any tickets blowing stop signs, red lights and going 90 on I35E back to my hotel!! Ok I did stop at a bar first then back to my hotel, I am a Cheesehead. I am proud though that I did escape the MN Pinball Mafia turf with some MN Pinball Booty! and to believe I am getting flack back home from my WI Family for missing this weekends WI event. I just had an Indiana Jones like adventure trying to get this prize back to WI and I get no respect I tell ya.

There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2nd-annual-pinball-bbq-sunday-may-25th-minnesota/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.