(Topic ID: 79454)

2nd Annual Pinball BBQ - Sunday May 25th (Minnesota)

By MnHotRod

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by tmac
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6256.JPG
    IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0260.JPG
    IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0251.JPG
    IMG_0225.JPG
    IMG_0242.JPG
    IMG_0197.JPG
    IMG_0182.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 9 years ago

Steve, do we have a photographer yet?

#102 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

That would be great for you to bring another game, that would make 18. I think you'll like what I've done to Space Station. Here's a picture with the extra lighting and I'm working on a overhead ramp entrance light too.

Spots on.JPG 232 KB

That looks good, Paul. I haven't put much playtime in on a Space Station, but I really enjoyed the few games I've had. Pretty neat pin all around. Give me a shout if you ever feel like moving it out of the collection.

#103 9 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

Give me a shout if you ever feel like moving it out of the collection.

Will do.....if I remember. Up to 22 games now. This is so much bigger then last year.

#104 9 years ago

Paul - We may have L-Satan's girlfriend on camera duty. S1500 said she was good and that she could use his camera. Right now, the most need may be in transport. Just about everybody needs help with games whether it be just one game or multiples.

Anybody besides Matt have a cargo van, SUV or pickup that can help with pickup and drop-off on Saturday and Sunday?

#105 9 years ago

I was planning on hauling billyd's table fairly early, I can haul another table after that.

What time should/could I get there on Sun morning? I can help all morning if needed.

#106 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I've got nothing to do that Monday so any body want to come over and play some more pin at my place?

I might be able to 'convince' some people to come to your place, Paul. What time were you thinking about havin' people over?

#107 9 years ago

Oh, so we all need to get on the same page here. All the help is great, but now it seems that we have duplicate pickups.

If we don't need the escalera, I'd rather not rent it to save the cash. So far I thought I was going to haul some machines for Billy d, but if not just let me know. It shouldn't be difficult, just communicate and read older posts.

#108 9 years ago

I've got a Uhaul rented and will be mobil sunday around 9-10am heading towards PinballBBQ. If you are on the east side of the cities and/or on the route to Burnsville, or close, and want a game picked up, let me know. So far, we have between 4-6 games in this 17 foot truck with room to spare (I think).

-josh-ogo

#109 9 years ago

Mustang Paul would need the escalara. I told BigRagu to contact Matt to get on same page. No need to wait until Sunday for Billys games. He has been ready for weeks.

#110 9 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

I might be able to 'convince' some people to come to your place, Paul. What time were you thinking about havin' people over?

So your gonna "twist some arms" are you. I was thinking around 2.

#111 9 years ago

Yup I need it for pick-up and drop off Sunday. But Matt, if your coming over to my place on Monday I can leave the game in my van over night and we could get it back down then. How does that sound.

#112 9 years ago

Yup, I can haul a table on Sunday morning and Sunday night, and/or I can help move/setup tables starting early Sunday.

#113 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup I need it for pick-up and drop off Sunday. But Matt, if your coming over to my place on Monday I can leave the game in my van over night and we could get it back down then. How does that sound.

Want your guests to bring anything over? snacks, hookers, etc?

#114 9 years ago

I'm gonna pick up bill's games, bring mine, and get the escalera to pauls. That's the extent of my hauls so far. Planning in doing this Saturday so its bit a madhouse setting stuff up Sunday, reduce it anyway..

#115 9 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I'm gonna pick up bill's games, bring mine, and get the escalera to pauls. That's the extent of my hauls so far. Planning in doing this Saturday so its bit a madhouse setting stuff up Sunday, reduce it anyway..

Sounds good Matt. You got my number right?

#116 9 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Want your guests to bring anything over? snacks, hookers, etc?

What ever and whoever you want. Just as long as her name aint Brandy.

#117 9 years ago

Allright...I've got four machines that I will load in my pickup, so I have room for two more. I plan on moving everything Saturday. Anyone still in need of a pin pick-up after noon proper on Saturday?

#118 9 years ago

Have fun guys! Wish I could come!

#119 9 years ago

This sounds fun. I cant wait!

#120 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballnut3:

This sounds fun. I cant wait!

With 22 games and counting it WILL be. I just hope Steve's basement has enough electrical circuits to handle it all.

#121 9 years ago

Thanks for all the work everyone is putting into this. You guys make this event what it is so cheers to all that help out. I broke my toe yesterday so I'm not getting around well. The more games we can get today or Saturday, they easier it will be on Sunday.

I would like guests to bring a dish, desert, drinks or snacks. We do not drink so we are hoping that will be a lighter afare at the BBQ. There are a couple after parties so plan to make some new friends while you are here.

#122 9 years ago
    Quoted from MnHotRod:

Thanks for all the work everyone is putting into this. You guys make this event what it is so cheers to all that help out. I broke my toe yesterday so I'm not getting around well. The more games we can get today or Saturday, they easier it will be on Sunday.
    I would like guests to bring a dish, desert, drinks or snacks. We do not drink so we are hoping that will be a lighter afare at the BBQ. There are a couple after parties so plan to make some new friends while you are here.

You'll do ANYTHING to get out of work for the event wouldn't you. Just kidding.

#123 9 years ago

Bad news: HS still isn't up and running.

Good news: I bought a ton of food to make up for it.

I'll still buy a tshirt though.

IMG_20140523_145029[1].jpgIMG_20140523_145029[1].jpg

#124 9 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Bad news: HS still isn't up and running.
    Good news: I bought a ton of food to make up for it.
    I'll still buy a tshirt though.

IMG_20140523_145029[1].jpg 266 KB

Well ya just gotta get more games to chose from to bring. All kidding aside that's a bummer.

#125 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well ya just gotta get more games to chose from to bring. All kidding aside that's a bummer.

We just need that guy from WI to change his LOTR from FT only to FS.

#126 9 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

We just need that guy from WI to change his LOTR from FT only to FS.

Just go buy a game he wants and then u can have the nicest LOTR in the region.

#127 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Just go buy a game he wants and then u can have the nicest LOTR in the region.

I was actually looking into this. Their is one in Ohio in the price range and I was looking into driving out and getting it and bringing it back to WI.

#128 9 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I was actually looking into this. Their is one in Ohio in the price range and I was looking into driving out and getting it and bringing it back to WI.

That sounds like a fun road trip. How many miles would it be?

#129 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

That sounds like a fun road trip. How many miles would it be?

800 miles one way

#131 9 years ago

Final attendance numbers are in and we are over capacity. In effort to keep things sane, registration for the BBQ is now closed. If we have not yet confirmed your attendance, please make other plans.

Thanks for your interest and support.

Steve Benson
    Pinball BBQ 2014

#132 9 years ago

If anyone coming to the event has a spare shooter rod rubber, we need one for a game that was dropped off.

#133 9 years ago
    Quoted from MnHotRod:

If anyone coming to the event has a spare shooter rod rubber, we need one for a game that was dropped off.

I just happen to have a spare shooter rod tip sitting on my desk. I'll bring it.

#134 9 years ago

I'll bring a shooter tip.
    Likewise, does anyone have a classic Stern 1980 left-side Plunger, Link, and Crank assembly I could purchase? Just picked up a machine coming to the BBQ, and the flipper is mostly reliable, but when it's not...
    If none are available I am sure I can tweak it to be reliable.

#135 9 years ago

Remember boys & girls, the liquor stores are closed tomorrow in Minnesota!

#137 9 years ago
    Quoted from MnHotRod:

I'll be open on Sunday, if you run into a part need, check with me and if I have one you can send someone over to get it.

LTG : )™
    Disclaimer : I know it's a bit of a drive, but if a popular game goes down it might be worth it.

#138 9 years ago

Chris...
    PM Steve and see if things can be worked out. Steve is a good guy, but as you can imagine things are very stressful when hosting any event with a bunch of strangers.

Steve, i can vouch for Chris if you do not know him. Good guy, just set your tilts tight

#139 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'll be open on Sunday, if you run into a part need, check with me and if I have one you can send someone over to get it.
    LTG : )™
    Disclaimer : I know it's a bit of a drive, but if a popular game goes down it might be worth it.

I'm coming from Anoka, SS is pretty much on the way.

Steve and Matt have my contact info, otherwise PM me for my cell if anyone needs me to stop.

#140 9 years ago

FYI - We need power strips for games. Please bring some if you have them. Need a couple quality extensions cords as well.

Thanks out to everyone that helped today and those helping tomorrow.

#141 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

That would be great for you to bring another game, that would make 18. I think you'll like what I've done to Space Station. Here's a picture with the extra lighting and I'm working on a overhead ramp entrance light too.

Spots on.JPG 232 KB

Wow that looks better than mine ever did. Nice stuff

#142 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Wow that looks better than mine ever did. Nice stuff

Thanks Chris, I just put a Comet 6.3v, 7 led strip over the ramp entrance lik this one I made for my Getaway. When Comet comes out with their colored strips I might put a diff. color in. I'm thinking a white and green so when the game goes "Condition Green" and all the white lights go off the green would still be on over the ramp entrance.

IMGA0891.JPGIMGA0891.JPG IMGA0895.JPGIMGA0895.JPG
    #143 9 years ago

Enjoy the party. Love BBQ. Wish I were closer...
    We had our monthly party/tournament yesterday:
    No BBQ but lunch at the brasserie with great Pork ribs. Souvenir attached !

7.jpg7.jpg
    #144 9 years ago

EMLover1970 - I just found your PM from May 13th. It would have been helpful to point it out as I did not see it. I will honor the confirmation.

#145 9 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

7.jpg 54 KB

Quoted from jlm33:

7.jpg 54 KB

Looks like you have a nice group. May be I can talk Steve into getting everyone into a group photo, he has a really cool back yard that would be perfect for one. I know you would get the long distance award if you came.

#146 9 years ago

I have a wide angle lens that might fit the whole group in at that distance, I'll put my camera in the van just in case...

#147 9 years ago

I have 2 long-ass extension cords I can bring. These are leaf-sucker grade ones.

#148 9 years ago

I'll bring my 15ft cord on a reel, it has 4 input jacks.

#149 9 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I have a wide angle lens that might fit the whole group in at that distance, I'll put my camera in the van just in case...

Thanks Matt, that would be cool. Do you have a tripod for it so you can get in the pict. too?

#150 9 years ago

People are bringing beverages but forgetting coolers and ice. Please bring coolers and ice if you have chance.

There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2nd-annual-pinball-bbq-sunday-may-25th-minnesota/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.