Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 days ago by kool1
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0353 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4389 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4387 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4388 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4390 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7522 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7521 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7517 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7518 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7519 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7514 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7516 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7515 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7513 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7511 (resized).jpeg
    There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 50 days ago

I’m getting ready to head up to the show, I’ve got my pinside shirt on. If anyone sees me, say hi.

#52 50 days ago

It's on....

20240601_102435 (resized).jpg20240601_102435 (resized).jpg
    #53 50 days ago

This is a great show this year thanks to Dave and Rob keep up the great planing

#54 50 days ago

What a great show! Dave and Rob really stepped it up a few notches since last year. Already looking forward to next year’s show!

#55 50 days ago

Had an absolute blast. Thanks to all for putting this on!

#56 49 days ago

A+ show. Had a great time.

#57 49 days ago

I was only there for a couple hours but got to play a bunch of games that I’ve never played before. Safe cracker is a really fun game. Valhalla was also fun to shoot. I was able to chat with the guy that built Nightmare before Christmas and he answered a bunch of questions I had about homebrew games. I might actually try to make one someday; just need a good idea now.

IMG_7507 (resized).jpegIMG_7507 (resized).jpegIMG_7508 (resized).jpegIMG_7508 (resized).jpegIMG_7509 (resized).jpegIMG_7509 (resized).jpegIMG_7510 (resized).jpegIMG_7510 (resized).jpegIMG_7511 (resized).jpegIMG_7511 (resized).jpegIMG_7512 (resized).jpegIMG_7512 (resized).jpegIMG_7513 (resized).jpegIMG_7513 (resized).jpegIMG_7514 (resized).jpegIMG_7514 (resized).jpegIMG_7515 (resized).jpegIMG_7515 (resized).jpegIMG_7516 (resized).jpegIMG_7516 (resized).jpegIMG_7517 (resized).jpegIMG_7517 (resized).jpegIMG_7518 (resized).jpegIMG_7518 (resized).jpegIMG_7519 (resized).jpegIMG_7519 (resized).jpegIMG_7521 (resized).jpegIMG_7521 (resized).jpegIMG_7522 (resized).jpegIMG_7522 (resized).jpeg
    #58 49 days ago

Great show, had a lot of fun with my family. The best part was the real old stuff, Baseball was a blast, would love to own one and cool to finally get a chance to play Humpty Dumpty for the first time.

Aside from.that some highlights were Hyperball, Safe Cracker, what seemed like the only.homebrew Nightmare before Christmas which was really well.made. Tournament was fun.too. Heavy Metal seemed cool until I realized it was a Star Wars home pin reskin, but it feels better than Star Wars for some reason.

They had John Wick pro there, cool to play but I do wish P1 had more premiums in their showroom. The pro is fun but I think the premium is probably a lot better. Hard to follow what you are doing so I just focused on multiballs that are a bit too easy to start more than once.

Big thanks to everyone that made this happen.

#59 49 days ago

Thanks for everyone that stopped at my booth to say hi and buy some swag. COAPF10 *hint

It would also really help us if you could post some pics of the swag you bought at league night or while playing in the wild and tag us.

IMG_4385 (resized).jpegIMG_4385 (resized).jpegIMG_4387 (resized).jpegIMG_4387 (resized).jpegIMG_4388 (resized).jpegIMG_4388 (resized).jpegIMG_4389 (resized).jpegIMG_4389 (resized).jpegIMG_4390 (resized).jpegIMG_4390 (resized).jpeg

#60 49 days ago

Walk through

#61 49 days ago

Thanks for putting on the show. I can appreciate all the effort it takes to run an event like that. Thanks to all who brought out games, it was a great selection and the games looked to all be in pretty great shape too. I’ll be back next year for sure, it was a beautiful day and a nice drive out to the venue.

#62 46 days ago

Another one....

#63 45 days ago
    Quoted from guard:

Another one....

Sounds like a bigger and maybe 2 day show next year - very exciting!

Cory's Hyperball was insane. Nice of him to bring those to the show. What a treat!

#64 45 days ago
    Quoted from kool1:

Sounds like a bigger and maybe 2 day show next year - very exciting!
    Cory's Hyperball was insane. Nice of him to bring those to the show. What a treat!

I don't think we're at a 2-day show yet. It was vastly larger than last year and well attended, but no issues getting on any game that I saw. Baby steps.

#65 45 days ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I don't think we're at a 2-day show yet. It was vastly larger than last year and well attended, but no issues getting on any game that I saw. Baby steps.

I'm only repeating what Rob and Dave said in the video

#66 45 days ago

At the show I think the guys at Pinball Medics said it would be at the same venue, just bigger, presumably they'd use the space where the washroom is.

The only thing I would suggest is they need more of a new game presence, which probably means getting Nitro involved in addition to Player One, assuming they can coexist.

#67 45 days ago
    Quoted from kool1:

I'm only repeating what Rob and Dave said in the video

Yes they said only if this show did well this time they are thinking on going bigger for next year ,great show this year from last year way to go Dave and Rob

#68 45 days ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

Yes they said only if this show did well this time they are thinking on going bigger for next year ,great show this year from last year way to go Dave and Rob

I think it looked successful but only they know the actual attendance numbers. I would do a 2 day pass for sure.

#69 45 days ago
    Quoted from kool1:

I think it looked successful but only they know the actual attendance numbers. I would do a 2 day pass for sure.

Yes indeed

#70 45 days ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I think some of the reasoning is that one day to two days isn't really any more work. And it'll give us fragile old men a chance to rest between set up and tear down.

#71 45 days ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Thanks for everyone that stopped at my booth to say hi and buy some swag. COAPF10 *hint
    It would also really help us if you could post some pics of the swag you bought at league night or while playing in the wild and tag us.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That 'tilt' light is going to look great no matter where I put it........might be a bit for pics, going to redo the wall decor while all these pins are folded up.

#72 45 days ago
    Quoted from stubborngamer:

At the show I think the guys at Pinball Medics said it would be at the same venue, just bigger, presumably they'd use the space where the washroom is.
    The only thing I would suggest is they need more of a new game presence, which probably means getting Nitro involved in addition to Player One, assuming they can coexist.

There was enough new games for the event. More than enough. Only the new boutique games weren't there, Spooky, Pinball Brothers and Barrels. Did anyone even buy a new game from the floor? If new games, or demo games aren't moving, doesn't make sense for them to attend.

#73 45 days ago
    Quoted from Stebel:

There was enough new games for the event. More than enough. Only the new boutique games weren't there, Spooky, Pinball Brothers and Barrels. Did anyone even buy a new game from the floor? If new games, or demo games aren't moving, doesn't make sense for them to attend.

One of P1's Star Wars sold right off the floor....which surprised me, normally I think of new games at shows are just to plant the seed.

#74 45 days ago
    Quoted from guard:

One of P1's Star Wars sold right off the floor....which surprised me, normally I think of new games at shows are just to plant the seed.

Am sure a few sold for sure

#75 45 days ago
    Quoted from Stebel:

The boutique games don't matter to you? Ok then. That's the point of getting Nitro involved since Player One doesn't carry every manufacturer. Doesn't hurt to make the effort.

Player One didn't bring Elton or Pulp Fiction which are in their showroom. There wasn't a lot of the newest games. Newish sure.

#76 45 days ago

The boutique games don't matter to you? Ok then. That's the point of getting Nitro involved since Player One doesn't carry every manufacturer. Doesn't hurt to make the effort.
    Player One didn't bring Elton or Pulp Fiction which are in their showroom. There wasn't a lot of the newest games. Newish sure.

Boutique games are fantastic. Own a couple myself. I just know to temper expectations. The amount of games and variety that was at year 2 of the show was over and above expectations.

You can’t expect Pinball Expo variety without mass attendance and higher probability of high end sales.

#77 44 days ago

I really hope it was worth P1’s time to be there. The event was great, but I mostly played just the games that they brought to the show. The vendors were great too, I left with a couple items.

#78 44 days ago

I got to the show early and found this guy on one of the vendors tables. It was a little dirty and missing the battery door, but it was a good price. I got it home, pulled it apart to clean all the dust from the corners and 3D printed a new battery cover. Now it has a home with all of my other retro collectables

IMG_0353 (resized).jpegIMG_0353 (resized).jpeg
    #79 44 days ago

I don't think Player One was expecting to sell a ton of pins right at the show, I don't think any distributor thinks that. This was probably their best opportunity to showcase and sell new pins anywhere in Ontario. For a lot of people attending it was probably their first time playing a lot of the pins Sam brought.

#80 44 days ago

Sam was very happy, and if he has his way, they'll be back with more.....

#81 44 days ago
    Quoted from guard:

Sam was very happy, and if he has his way, they'll be back with more.....

Fantastic! It took everything I had not to go home with that JP Pro he had on display….

#82 44 days ago
    Quoted from Stebel:

Boutique games are fantastic. Own a couple myself. I just know to temper expectations. The amount of games and variety that was at year 2 of the show was over and above expectations.
    You can’t expect Pinball Expo variety without mass attendance and higher probability of high end sales.

That's the thing, I don't ever expect the individual manufacturers to attend, since they don't at Yegpin. It's literally just getting a major Canadian distributor, Nitro, involved as well. I'm sure they'd love to be a part of it, though yes it would be easier if they had a location in Toronto. I think they are working on that.

#83 44 days ago

Also a 2 day show makes sense to increase the revenue. I do think you guys could get away with higher ticket prices too.

#84 44 days ago

That's the thing, I don't ever expect the individual manufacturers to attend, since they don't at Yegpin. It's literally just getting a major Canadian distributor, Nitro, involved as well. I'm sure they'd love to be a part of it, though yes it would be easier if they had a location in Toronto. I think they are working on that.

Our Toronto location will be opening this summer.

#85 44 days ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Our Toronto location will be opening this summer.

Oh cool, congrats on the expansion, what area will it be in?

#86 44 days ago

Oh cool, congrats on the expansion, what area will it be in?

Markham

#87 44 days ago

Looking forward to seeing more distributors & hopefully some competitive advantages being offered.

1 week later
    #88 34 days ago

Who was the vendor that passed me the VHS and audio tapes to digitize?
    First one's done
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-fantasy-96-vhs-1996

1 week later
    #89 27 days ago

I think the name should change slightly.

Central Ontario Pinball and Arcade show. Then you get COPA!

The show is mostly pinball anyway.....

#90 27 days ago
    Quoted from kool1:

I think the name should change slightly.
    Central Ontario Pinball and Arcade show. Then you get COPA!
    The show is mostly pinball anyway.....

And even change the lyrics to the Barry Manilow song.....

https://genius.com/Barry-manilow-copacabana-at-the-copa-long-version-lyrics

#91 26 days ago

I like where this is going!

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.