(Topic ID: 246312)

2ND 1/2 of the year Pinball Purchases planned?....

By iceman44

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which games are on your radar?”

• Elvira 3 35 votes
      13%
    • Wonka 32 votes
      12%
    • Oktoberfest 15 votes
      5%
    • P3 Multimorphic 2 votes
      1%
    • Haunted House 5 votes
      2%
    • Jurassic World 24 votes
      9%
    • Black Knight 2 votes
      1%
    • Raza from Deeproot 17 votes
      6%
    • Munsters 5 votes
      2%
    • GNR 20 votes
      7%
    • Anything HUO used 28 votes
      10%
    • TBL 17 votes
      6%
    • BM66 11 votes
      4%
    • BKSOR 9 votes
      3%
    • Deadpool 21 votes
      8%
    • Alien Remake 23 votes
      8%
    • ACNC and/or next title 12 votes
      4%

(Multiple choice - 278 votes by 138 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6319087425_4cdff73b98_o (resized).jpg
    71H9ZR6EGFL._SL1400_ (resized).jpg
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

In between my summer vacations and as we pass the 1/2 way mark in 2019 I’m wondering what people are looking at buying for the rest of 2019?

For me it’s TBL

And Elvira 3 is a given if Lyman is doing the code as expected

Wonka is already paid for but need to see how it evolves

I think Stern is going to make a big effort to raise the bar going forward. We shall see though

Yes, for those patiently waiting, Alien is coming along with other PB titles

Still thinking on what’s heading out the door?

#2 4 years ago

In will be a Wonka and bm66 and probably dialed in, out will be rollergames and Metallica and hobbit.

#3 4 years ago

Looking to add Deadpool Pro and BKSOR Premium. Not selling anything!

#4 4 years ago

Elvira 3 is a definite if it turns out to be good and i am hoping that i can resist the next game from Stern but man if its Jurassic World that would really be hard not to want that. The problem is im running out of room and i don't really want to sell any of the games that i already have. Tough decisions ahead for sure.

#5 4 years ago

F2K

got new plastics and CPR playfield ready...

-mof

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Looking to add Deadpool Pro and BKSOR Premium. Not selling anything!

Both games getting a lot of love lately!

#7 4 years ago

getaway is leaving next week, with scared stiff coming in. then prob tommy, hurricane, and shadow will go next hopefully to fund a walking dead premium.

#8 4 years ago

I would agree and say TBL, but since I'm starting up a new location I'm going to hold off on any $20k+ pinball purchases for a whle.

After playing ACNC at my shop I'm sold and have to have one for my home collection come Christmas. I feel like Spooky knocked it out of the park on this one.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Yes, for those patiently waiting, Alien is coming along with other PB titles

Ice could u please explain this further. Alien by whom exactly?

#10 4 years ago

I have the money for a NIB. Before yesterday the only new game I was considering was Batman '66. Got about an hour and a half on a Wonka, man is that a fun game to shoot. I'm not crazy about the theme, that's the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger.

My other thought is to get a HUO Deadpool or Star Trek and a System 11.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Ice could u please explain this further. Alien by whom exactly?

I guess you've missed out on the previous theatrics and my bet with Levi?

It's not really a secret that Pinball Brothers is doing a revamped Alien with BW cab and parts and updated code, along with several other titles planned.

They might end up being the BIGGEST surprise this year upending Deeproot.

Yeah yeah, i know, let's see it first right?

#12 4 years ago

I'm thinking either BM66 or Wonka.

#13 4 years ago

Wonka is coming...then a big pause for me.
    Interested in Scott's next game bummed he isnt doing sound. JP and Elvira3 dont really excite me.
    Hoping to pick up a bm66 when they get close to 6.
    I believe by March 2020 we will see a buffet of releases and that's when second hand market will get interesting. All of the NIB owners will be getting board from the last two years of the pinball sales surge. Not a bubble pop just more competitive market for new and used machines.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Well certainly, but its now the most important game on my radar. I was hurt by the failure of Heighway's Alien I'm mean I got a full refund but damn I wanted that pin and (can't remember who) The Predator. I really hope they get made at some point. I would rather Stern did them so it was a fact but still exciting.

#15 4 years ago

Oktoberfest for me hopefully.

Still hoping to somehow get my TBL (that I paid for 5 years ago and counting now) too.

#16 4 years ago

Wonka for me, then waiting for something else NIB that strikes me. Might sell off Star Wars Pro and get something comparable in its place.

Like Iceman, I am interested in TBL. That would be an instant buy if it came to pass.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I think Stern is going to make a big effort to raise the bar going forward.

Why do you think that?

#18 4 years ago

I am probably going to add a newish machine that has stood the test of time, like TWD, MET, DI, or something like that. I think we will see prices HUO title from the past few years go down more than they have been.

#19 4 years ago

Keith Elwin or bust

#20 4 years ago

Alien remake hahaha ... wa wa wa

#21 4 years ago

Nothing, just work on projects

#22 4 years ago

Yeah, Alien remake would be awesome

#23 4 years ago

Alien LE (original), and if I'm lucky, Tron...or AFM...or both. In other words, probably just Alien LE.

#24 4 years ago

IF i can swing it this year......lots of expenses this year....fml

71H9ZR6EGFL._SL1400_ (resized).jpg71H9ZR6EGFL._SL1400_ (resized).jpg
    #25 4 years ago

Spiderman for me.

#26 4 years ago

From that list I already own ACNC and BKSOR pro. What's on my radar definitely Jurassic Wold if it comes to fruition if not I'll be interested in either getting a Deadpool or Stern CSI.

#27 4 years ago

Alice Cooper would be #1 on the list for me.

If JJP does Guns N Roses, that would be second.

Would still love a Big Lebowski. I really hope someone picks this up and remaking them. Played it a bunch at Banning and love this machine.

#28 4 years ago

Bk2k

#29 4 years ago

Got BK LE. I'm done for the year most likely. Nothing else coming really excites me anyway.

#30 4 years ago

Elvira 3 for us. Hopefully Lyman is on code or we may not be in. We sold ASLE to make room for another game.

That will be it for us for the remainder of this year. For the first time in a few years, I do not know what is coming from all the manufacturers next year. I have not been looking for licence's etc etc to see what would be coming up.

#31 4 years ago

Anything ridiculously inexpensive!

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Anything ridiculously inexpensive!

So its a no go for you then Art! No such thing in pinball exists these days.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Hopefully Lyman is on code or we may not be in.

U guys need to get over this Lyman fetish, I agree he does great work but SW's, BK3, Maiden, DP all fantatsic and many more could be mentioned. Just a thought.

#34 4 years ago

Jurassic world and Elvira. Both are great themes. Wonka theme is lame

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

U guys need to get over this Lyman fetish, I agree he does great work but SW's, BK3, Maiden, DP all fantatsic and many more could be mentioned. Just a thought.

I don't know man, Lyman seems to be the primary indicator of a "great" game lately. I'll definitely not buy a Dwight or Lopp game in the future without a lot of pre-purchase scrutiny. I did just scoop up BKSoR which is not Lyman and it's a great game. Still, Lyman on code is more important to me than the designer or theme.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Agree with you, there are plenty of well coded games around. We have had a few games over the last few years and we (as in my wife and I) are due for a Lyman game.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

More Special K parroting.

#38 4 years ago

I’d buy a Jurassic World. When is that being released?

I’m picking up another HUO NBA next weekend. Plenty of folks hate it, but I really love it.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I’d buy a Jurassic World. When is that being released?
    I’m picking up another HUO NBA next weekend. Plenty of folks hate it, but I really love it.

No guarantee that its even the next game but a lot of people seem to think it is. “IF” that is Sterns next game it should be in about a month i would guess.

#40 4 years ago

Lyman is great if you don't mind having a boat anchor in your basement taking up real estate for at least a year until the code comes along.
    Personally, Eric and Scott are two brilliant designers and I can't wait to see their next machines.
    Lawlor needs to stop hogging the great titles and give a bone to Eric. These guys are really really talented IMO.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Plenty in Florida!! ICE!

I am working on a $1200 Mousin.
    Finished up a $400 Add a Ball.
    and Ive got 3 sub $2K games that need a bit more to make as good as I can.

In retirement, at least right now, its trades, or bargains.
    No space, No extra $$$.

I dont mind. We have the Pinball Lounge just a few miles down the Road.
    Going to drop $10 in Wonka shortly....Im happy with that....

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I guess you've missed out on the previous theatrics and my bet with Levi?
    It's not really a secret that Pinball Brothers is doing a revamped Alien with BW cab and parts and updated code, along with several other titles planned.
    They might end up being the BIGGEST surprise this year upending Deeproot.

So, if they do Queen, that would have my interest.

But, the code would need to be phenomenal and that seems unlikely.

Looking forward to next Elwin game - Jurassic World?

#43 4 years ago

ACNC and Oktoberfest are both incredible!

TBL is one of my favorite pins ever (dream theme for me), but im not super confident it will ever be produced again.

Elvira 3 and GNR have to be at the top of the list for me. Well...not for "me"...but for someone. I'm too poor.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

More Special K parroting.

Please someone enlighten me as to what the hell this means? no idea. I know theres a drug called "special K' and I've seen a Parrot before but otherwise I'm out.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

There are plenty of super cheap fun games out there.

You just don’t want to buy any of them.

Talk to Xerico or some of the other Texas crowd, they will hook you up with some deals.

rd

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Please someone enlighten me as to what the hell this means? no idea. I know theres a drug called "special K' and I've seen a Parrot before but otherwise I'm out.

Pinball podcaster Kaneda says things and his followers come here and repeat them. One of them is that L.S. is so great that games he codes are the only ones worth buying. Then he went and put money down on Wonka which he will later ask for a refund.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Pinball podcaster Kaneda says things and his followers come here and repeat them. One of them is that L.S. is so great that games he codes are the only ones worth buying. Then he went and put money down on Wonka which he will later ask for a refund.

Ok, I couldn't figure out if it was dig at me or a very high Parrot. Thanks

6319087425_4cdff73b98_o (resized).jpg6319087425_4cdff73b98_o (resized).jpg
    #48 4 years ago

Exciting changes to the entire lineup! Working a temporary trade of my ST:TNG for my buddies Metallica, Aerosmith, BKSOR, LOTR, or JJPirates (probably just Metallica) in the next few months for the rest of the year. Then I will be moving my Jurassic Park when Jurassic World is announced and demand spikes along with some cash for a TSPP. Finally, I will be moving my LAH now that it's fully refurbished and a little cash for either a Demo Man, Fish Tales, High Speed 2, or other 90s B machine depending on what's available. I'll meet my goal of an 90s, 00s, and 10s machine.

#49 4 years ago

My current wish list for 2019+:

1) Wonka CE (deposit down)
    2) JJP POTC
    3) Oktoberfest (more into 2020)
    4) BK:SOR (interested but optional)
    5) TBL (interested but we know would be a fantasy to acquire but nightmare to maintain)

#50 4 years ago

how is Scott D Pinball Party not on the list?

Honestly it is the #1 on my hope/want list (assuming it comes out this year?)

Besides that, waiting on Stern to replace our defective Beatles playfield, or at least let us know a resolution is coming, before even considering anything else.

WONKA is so much fun to shoot. Just waiting on code to polish a bit but may actually buy for home collection.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2nd-1-2-of-the-year-pinball-purchases-planned?hl=outlanes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.