(Topic ID: 109581)

$2k - what would you buy?

By toro1966

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

Hey guys, the last several pins I have purchased were NIB - and while I love that new pin smell, Christmas is closing in and they are a lot of scratch! So I am looking at spending 1500-2k to get another pin. Caveats -
    - Would prefer working, but if PHYSICALLY in good shape - I could fix it if need be
    - Cab and PF need to be in great shape. I am snob and though I have restored several cabs - I don't yet do playfields. Clean - yes, wax - yes - restore - not so much.

With that budget, what would you be looking for?

#2 9 years ago

Probably a used MM in a couple months will be in that range.

#3 9 years ago

The game on your wishlist would be in that range roughly. There are actually a lot of fun games in that price range. Lost of data east pins are tons of fun for the money especially Last action hero. No fear, WCS94, JM, DM, NBAFB are all good DMD games around that price and dont forget about system 11s! Most of them can be found 1-2k and are a blast.

#4 9 years ago

you could get a players Judge Dredd for that. Really fun game

#5 9 years ago

Thanks - JP is definitely on the list. Also looking at the SST in the marketplace as well. Others I was thinking of would be Xenon, Flash Gordon, and F14

#6 9 years ago

JP, hands down. Most game you'll get for the money there. You can get a nice clean working JP for between $1800-2k.

#7 9 years ago

HS2 The Getaway is a great pin in that price range

#8 9 years ago

The Getaway, Last Action Hero, Baywatch, NBA Fastbreak. Tons in that price range.

#9 9 years ago

I think Lah is way better game than JP.

And it sells for $500 less.

#10 9 years ago

JP and Baywatch for sure. Great games that can be found below $2k...especially BW. I miss both those games...even more than TAF, don't shoot me!

#12 9 years ago

WCS and FT can be found for around $2K depending on condition. Also take a long hard look at WW, classic, deep System 11 fun!

I had a LW3 and almost pulled trigger on a JP. Both fun pins in their own way, JP being much much deeper. But I am a bit of a Data East snob I guess, the sound and feel don't do it for me.

#13 9 years ago

If you like TAF's gameplay, definitely consider JP. Very similar shots and much better rule set. JP is a very underrated game for sure.

#15 9 years ago

NBAFB and LAH are two of my favorites in that range. If you're savvy and can put in the work, you should get both of those

#16 9 years ago

SST is a great game! Mike is a top notch gent too.

#17 9 years ago

Depends on what you are looking for.....there are tons of great games in the 2k range. I just picked up a WPT and it's an absolute steal at that price point. Very deep rules and tons of strategy in the scoring.

Also good are: JM, HSII, WCS94, LAH, SST, BW, JD, DM, BOP, DW, T2, JP, ......

#18 9 years ago

Whirlwind!!!!!

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from MAJRob:

SST is a great game! Mike is a top notch gent too.

Trust me - very tempting! Still haven't ruled that out!

#20 9 years ago

LAH for sure. The modes are fun, the multi ball a blast and the left ramp feels good. I love the magnet in the middle of the play field too.

#21 9 years ago

I'm probably a little biased but I say system 11 all the way. I would really recommend F14 Tomcat or Black Knight 2000 as both are really fast and challenging and I think the simpler ruleset would be a nice contrast to the other newer games in your collection IMO. Or just buy whatever you like most that never fails lol

#22 9 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic
    Roadshow
    The Getaway

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from aitrus1:

I'm probably a little biased but I say system 11 all the way. I would really recommend f14 tomcat or Black Knight 2000 as both are really fast and challenging and I think the simpler ruleset would be a nice contrast to the other newer games in your collection IMO. Or just buy whatever you like most that never fails lol

I love the music on BK2K, but that's about it. Within the System 11 realm, Taxi, ES, or WW if you don't want it to get old quick.

#25 9 years ago

HS2
    JD
    JP
    Those 3 are tops of the list in that range
    Lots of System 11 to choose from

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I love the music on BK2K, but that's about it. Within the System 11 realm, Taxi, ES, or WW if you don't want it to get old quick.

Ignore my avatar lol, but you have to add HS into that mix. I still play it almost daily and I have ES and WW sitting next to it. But given the OPs affinity for deep games already, WW might be a good fit and its a brutal game, so quicker game times compared to LotR, etc.

#27 9 years ago

A sports betting ticket. Take any team playing the Jets or Giants and then go enjoy yourself a 4K pin.

#28 9 years ago

Popeye?

And, you would still have at least $500 left to use towards overage internet time to "defend" what a great pin it is with your fellow pinsider's

#29 9 years ago

Cyclone!

#30 9 years ago

If you can still find a Terminator 2 for that price, that would be the $2k game I'd suggest.

#31 9 years ago

Pinside's bang for the buck section is a pretty good answer to this topic by the way.

#32 9 years ago

DM then when you have some extra cash convert it to a Demolition Man on Steroids.

JD is also an amazing title around that price range.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Ignore my Avatar lol, but you have to add HS into that mix. I still play it almost daily and I have ES and WW sitting next to it. But given the OPs affinity for deep games already, WW might be a good fit and its a brutal game, so quicker game times compared to LotR, etc.

HS ate my quarters so quickly back in the day I never gave it much of a chance. I haven't played it within the last couple decades so I won't disagree.....

#34 9 years ago

Considering all the new A list DMD pins you own such as Tron, ACDC, WOZ, LOTR, etc I think you'd be underwhelmed with a bargain, C list DMD such as the ones being recommended. Who wants to drive an old Corrola when you've got 4 new Ferraris? I say go in a different direction and get a non-DMD pin like a classic early Bally SS, or a classic mid 80s WMS.

Paragon
    Gorgar
    Soecerer
    Space Shuttle

Something like that.

#35 9 years ago

Another vote for HS2 and DM. Both of them are great games. When they are setup correctly they just keep on giving.

#36 9 years ago

I'd buy a Bad Cats, BK2K or Funhouse.

#37 9 years ago

jurassic park, no question about it. Junk Yard or Who dunnit would work too, but I think they are a bit more than 2k

#38 9 years ago

if you can find a world cup soccer or getaway for that price you should be doing fine there a little more this side of the globe...

#39 9 years ago

I own HS2, T2 and WCS and they all kick butt at under $2000.

#40 9 years ago

I got a nice WCS94 for 2K last Dec.

#41 9 years ago

wpt or nascar

#42 9 years ago

JP, 3k in Canada...

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from Animal:

JP, 3k in Canada...

This is true. You would be hard pressed to find any DMD game for less then $2k. Some sys11 games are getting over 2k here

#44 9 years ago

Elvira and the Party Monsters of course!

#45 9 years ago

SST or JD would be my choices

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from calico1997:

If you can still find a Terminator 2 for that price, that would be the $2k game I'd suggest.

I got a t2 in canada for 1500$. Needed a trace fixed on the main board, and so e new gi connectors. If you're not afraid of a repair or two, there are some great deals to be had since you are competing to buy against far fewer people.

#47 9 years ago

Really most Sega fit the bill. Non pinheads that play Sega love the light show and fun multiballs.

#48 9 years ago

I like Dirty Harry best in that price range.

#49 9 years ago

Whirlwind..............

#50 9 years ago

Thanks guys. Some great picks! I will definitely be keeping an eye out in the marketplace! Figured this was also a good time to actually get the Space Invaders and Mata Hari's I have in pieces - restored and put back together. Should be good winter projects. Will be nice to finally play them again as well...

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2k-what-would-you-buy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.