• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think these can be great for the right consumer. Some can’t afford or get a ‘real thing’, and don’t want the hassle of mame. Also it gets classic arcades back for the new generations to enjoy. If they like these cabs they will love the originals restored. I am ok with these, and the price isn’t too bad for what you get. They won’t cut it for most of us, but for some it will be a cool edition to their game rooms.

It's just something different. I think I may put it in my daughter's room and let it be hers. I'd be OK with finding her playing arcade games at 2am.

1 week later
#94 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I am curious how 3 or 4 adults will fit at the controls and have a good view of the screen.

There are a couple videos of three guys playing Rampage.

2 weeks later
#323 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

It’s not about money or prestige in my game room. I prefer novelty and fun.
Some people don’t have a problem parking a moped next to their mustang.

100% this. These are just fun toys.

I've never known a child playing with toys to turn one down because it wasn't "high class" enough to associate with their other toys.

1 week later
#447 5 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I haven't played these but I've played several past attempts and they are all awful. There is a fraction of a second delay between when the joystick is moved or the fire button is pressed. This is really noticeable on maze games. If you were a good classic arcade game player you will hate this. That being said, newbies won't know the difference.

I think newbies are the target. "Good classic arcade game players" have made it known they don't like these for 7 million reasons.

2 months later
#762 5 years ago

Walmart will have these for $250 on black friday, including the new pac man.

1 week later
#809 5 years ago

If GameStop had the Galaga in stock I'd order it for $200 no questions asked.

#839 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Actually only Pac Man and Galaga will be $250 on BF. The others will be regular price at Walmart.

All the games are $250 for black Friday.

#855 5 years ago

I happened by Walmart this morning and got the Rampage cab. Saving it for christmas though.

#857 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You should call right now for your plastic overlay.....

Yeah good plan, I am not certain if there is a way to tell if i need the gauntlet fix or not without opening the box.

1 week later
#954 5 years ago

Was in my local walmart today and they had a couple pac-man games and were $299.

Not marking them down here locally.

#973 5 years ago

Yeah those prices are too high. There is zero chance that LCD was anywhere near $90.

1 week later
#1056 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'd put these in the realm of consumer electronics that I don't think will ever be "collectible".

Of course not. These arcades are going to get destroyed over the course of a childhood. If I wanted a tank I'd build one myself.

#1084 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Someone has to figure out how to add them to the menu, or else always having to have a keyboard hooked up

Someone will.

#1162 5 years ago

I'm clear coating my panel when I open it up on Xmas. I'm planning to steal the dimensions for all of their panels and stuff too, so I can cut more of these size cabs if I want.

#1207 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

just trying to educate unaware people to what a real POS these really are If you like them and kids like them-it's all good.
I would never recommend a zizzle pinball to a pinsider because I feel I would be doing them a disservice.

I can't seem to find the post where people asked for your recommendation?

Don't assume that people need to be educated on what these things are. I'm pretty sure most of us get exactly what they are.

I also like playing my miniature Bad Dudes. The controls are ass but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it. I have a bartop 2-player mame cabinet too. These arcade1up cabs are just something different and fun to mess with.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1265 5 years ago

Got to build my rampage last night. Im still not sure why these get so much hate. I secretly opened the box a couple weeks ago and clear coated the control panel to increase the durability without having to add the acrylic overlay.

My dad and I played gauntlet last night until our hands hurt.
20181226_131103 (resized).jpg20181226_131103 (resized).jpg

#1286 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Oh shit! If that's true I'm gonna have to jump on the bandwagon and get one. GORF and SH are 2 of my childhood favorites.

Don't let the haters get you down about buying one either. So far I've not seen any cases where arcade1up won't take care of people who have had issues. Before I even opened mine, they let me open a support ticket to get the Rampage overlay and new controller board, which is arriving today.

1 week later
#1350 5 years ago

I think it's cool you are respecting their announcement date.

#1553 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

They should make some of the Konami 4-player games (TMNT, Simpsons and the criminally overlooked Sunset Riders) into 2 player cabinets where you can link them for 4 player.
Like Cadash!

That's fucking brilliant right there.

#1587 5 years ago

I clear coated my control panel, but I *think* I know what I'm doing, so it came out great.

#1614 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thanks guys. I currently have 7 original cabs in my basement with my pins. I like the idea of these for a garage arcade and the price is good compared to full cabs. I'm trying to create a really cool arcade feel in the garage for parties. Do these all play attract modes? These machines look great.

On my Rampage one if you don't select a game it will go into Rampage and play the attract mode. If you do select a game like Gauntlet, it will sit on the Gauntlet attract mode.

#1732 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They could do **1000 out of every 500,000 toys will be randomly printed with blackout foil artwork** or a Supreme edition that is only red & white, or a Prime edition that sells for $99 but displays Amazon ads when not being played.

How about a limited run of Ms Pacman with Steve Golson's blood added to the ink?

I'd work on a product with you any day vid.

#1860 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Cmon Vid; ticket redemption?? I thought you were a true arcade enthusiast!!

It's probably another thread but what is wrong with redemption games?

The big bass wheel that is like the price is right wheel is one of my favorites. No skill required and completely up to the computer. but spinning that shit sure is fun.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-?tu=wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.