• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swillie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 5 years ago
44694a16d9452850aa77b4d876206f73d1e4a0792.jpg44694a16d9452850aa77b4d876206f73d1e4a0792.jpg
3 weeks later
#226 5 years ago

Ignored user to thin this topic to relevant posts and filter out alot of useless blah blah blah

Thanks
Blake

#290 5 years ago

I remember when Dragons Lair hit the local arcade. They had a second monitor on top so the crowd gathered round it could watch easier. I didn't get to play it but just enjoyed watching the scenes as the older kids played. Daphne runs well on my pc based cab. If you havent tried BADLANDS on Daphne you're missing out...the timing can be frustrating but that game is really fun.

#365 5 years ago

Galaga is a better more polished game, but I love Galaxian too. To me the sound of Galaxian is the soundtrack of an arcade back when. It will get plenty of gameplay I think.

#428 5 years ago

A coworker pre ordered the Atari Deluxe from Best Buy yesterday and I see they are sold out already.

1 month later
#560 5 years ago

I learned a new word today, thanks

1 week later
#630 5 years ago

My buddy received notice that Bestbuy has shipped the 12in1 Atari cabinet, should arrive Tuesday and we will put it together and I will post my thoughts on it, specifically that (not an actual spinner) knob.

#634 5 years ago

Pretty cool little game, friend loves it! With the riser it is just the right height to use with a bar stool. Packaged very well and went together easily. The buttons feel good and trackball is responsive, no issues. The spinner...is not a spinner. It is a rotary dial as others have said. It works fine, you can play the games with it but is just not optimal.

IMG_4792 (resized).JPGIMG_4792 (resized).JPGIMG_4794 (resized).JPGIMG_4794 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#721 5 years ago

Look what I found at my local Walmart this morning ...

IMG_4924 (resized).JPGIMG_4924 (resized).JPG
#723 5 years ago

Nothing funner than a goid old co-op game of Galaga...

IMG_4925 (resized).JPGIMG_4925 (resized).JPG
#749 5 years ago

My guess is the original button switch was a leaf spring type, not a cherry switch. If you are going to switch it might as well go that route. Shorter stick??? Well maybe, I have to build my friends Galaga and give it a whirl. He is a very casual player so probably will be just fine for him.

#772 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

So I picked up the SF2 cab today from Wal-Mart and it’s missing the hardware bag and power cords. The box was still sealed too. The control panel box had an orange sticker indicating it was a replacement panel so I wonder if those bags were in the original panel box but not in the replacement.
I tried calling their 800 number which eventually went to voice mail.
So, I emailed them to send replacements. We’ll see how long it takes for them to get back to me. Sheesh. What a sh*t show.

We built my friends Galaga yesterday and called/left message asking for the clear cp overlay. They called back about 20 minutes later, very nice on phone.

#787 5 years ago

I played a number of games on my friends A1UP Galaga/Galaxian. It was alot of fun, I am not a hardcore gamer but I know this game a little and I was very happy with how it played. One bit of wierdness...first test game i scored 132,720 or close this...anyway it ssved to hi score list but on top middle only showed 32,730 as the hi score. Not a huge deal breaker but can someone confirm this anomaly? I purposely kept my next game a lower score...60,000 plus became the 2nd hi, but is listed on top of play screen as hi score to beat.

incidentally I played a real Galaga yesterday locally and the fire button sucked, was not registering half the hits. Screen colors were off, faded. Really pissed me off...the A1UP version played way better.

IMG_4990 (resized).JPGIMG_4990 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#849 5 years ago

Never played Mad Planets. I will add to my MAME cab, but without a fire button on the stick i'm not sure it will be very playable.

#870 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Is the overlay only needed for the Rampage cab?

Overlays are available for every style released.

2 weeks later
#1077 5 years ago
Quoted from ShadowFlame76:

I was thinking of getting pacman (Galaga not available in Canada.. stupid), then gutting it. putting in a 19" monitor into it, along with a computer and running MAME for games that use vertical orientation.

Honestly, and i think these cabs are cool...buy an empty arcade cab and spend the $$$ saved on better quality controls.

#1093 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Do they cost $$$?

Quoted from Jason43:

No they don't. Are you implying that i shouldn't be annoyed because they are free? Because the game i put it on, with the faulty CP wasn't free.

IMG_5195.GIFIMG_5195.GIF
#1096 5 years ago

Um, no. I have a SF coming and wanted to know how to order one. Should've asked the poster above, I guess.

http://arcade1upstore.com/

#1119 5 years ago

Thank you! On Walmart.com I managed to call them and get a price adjustment. The machine will be in my game room downstairs, so "Santa" is leaving this under the tree for the kids as a clue...[quoted image][quoted image]

That is great!! Fun idea.

3 weeks later
1 week later
#1800 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

I'll give you clue which one I like more . [quoted image]

Holy crap!! I hope you just placed those monitors out for the picture, and if so thanks for the effort. After a pinball/beer/bourbon marathon it would be tough gettin' safely to the stairs, lol.

1 month later
#2245 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

All this Pac Man Galaga stuff is too old.

IMG_5699.GIFIMG_5699.GIF
3 weeks later
#2352 5 years ago

This one is not 'obscure', but Wizard Of Wor. I remember being at a parade with the family and my brother and I walked to a party store to get a pop and snacks. There it was...and it was in color, and had speech! We played it a few times and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swillie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-?tu=swillie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.